It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LAPD: 320 Cases of Racial Profiling, and Not 1 Had Merit!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

LAPD: 320 Cases of Racial Profiling, and Not 1 Had Merit!

www.latimes.com

Los Angeles Police Department officials announced Tuesday that they investigated more than 300 complaints of racial profiling against officers last year and found that none had merit -- a conclusion that left members of the department's oversight commission incredulous.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
What a total joke...The LAPD is probably one of the worst in the country when it comes to racial profiling. Nice to see that their IA investigators are every bit as corrupt as the street team. Perhaps they can start wearing white pinty caps next. This stinks to high heaven. More LE unaccountability....

"A big, fat zero," said a visibly flummoxed Commissioner John Mack, who is African American and the former president of the Los Angeles Urban League. "In my mind, there is no such thing as a perfect institution . . . I find it baffling that we have these zeros."

His disbelief, echoed by other commissioners, drew a quick response from Police Chief William J. Bratton. Unsolicited, he told the commission he would have his staff conduct a survey of other large, urban police departments, as well as the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, to back up his belief that the findings in the LAPD are similar elsewhere.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hmm i think the link is messed up. at least it is for me, says its not in the database

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Fixed. Thx for the 411.

Seriously though, I'm suprised more folks aren't commenting on this after the recent Al Sharpton "closing the city down" debate---That event wasn't so much about racial targeting as it was complete INJUSTICE from our joke of the "legal" system.

THIS however, IS about racial profiling, and the cover-up and dismissal of such claims, by an organization that has proven itself time and again to be one of the worst offenders in the nation for racial targeting and profiling. I can't even count the amount of times these guys have been in the news over the past decade or two for violations in this regard, and here we have it being cast aside and dismissed, right up to the top!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
THIS however, IS about racial profiling, and the cover-up and dismissal of such claims, by an organization that has proven itself time and again to be one of the worst offenders in the nation for racial targeting and profiling. I can't even count the amount of times these guys have been in the news over the past decade or two for violations in this regard, and here we have it being cast aside and dismissed, right up to the top!

The state of "racial discrimination" both in America and across the world is pathetic, to say the least:

A white police officer stops a black person going 20 miles over the speed limit - obviously "racial discrimination".
A black sheriff fires all white personnel to be replaced by black personnel - obviously not "racial discrimination".

I'm not saying that there "weren't" incidents of "racial discrimination" - just that at times, the supposed "incidents" are blow completely out of proportion.

Or hey, what about these "hate crime hoaxes" that - once it was discovered that the perpetrators weren't white - all coverage was swiftly dropped:

African-Americans distribute white supremacist literature
African-American women sends racist letters
African-American hangs "whites" and "coloureds" signs on drinking fountains

The worst part is the various parents, school staff, political pundits etc finding excuses for the hoaxers - such as the hoaxes being "simple pranks" to "opening up dialogue on race in America".

new topics

top topics

join