It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all being quarantined?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't feel that I am being quarantined. I go where I like when I like and no one stops me. Do I feel like I am being watched? Sometimes. But not usually. I live in Tiny Town, USA and when I go to Bigger Town, USA I dont' notice cameras following my every move. However, in the early 1990's, when I enrolled my middle daughter in school here in Tiny Town, the counselor and my daughter were wondering what other class to add to her curriculim. Since I had just come back from Iraq, and up until that time I didn't even know a Kuwait existed, I thought it might be beneficial for my daughter to learn a bit about geography and other countries. As I insisted that my daughter, a minor, like I was once, who had to take the course my parents determined I should take, should take this extra class I wanted her to take, I was politely told to leave the office unless I wanted the police to remove me. I did leave the office. Only a few years later, once I found that what the school was teaching my daughter was hogwash, I removed her from school and home schooled her. And as an added umph to the bull crap establishment of that school, I refused to sign her out of school and the school lost money each day because of her absence, of which I am very proud.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I just thought I'd mention Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt here, since it seems no one did, yet. What she talks about seems relevant to the topic in this thread. Many here probably do know about her. She's got a book (that's free to download from her website, btw.) called the deliberate dumbing down of america. I haven't read the book, though.

She's also done some interviews that can be seen on the web. (Here's a search in Google Video.)

Optimist

edit: spelling...

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Optimist]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk

I do feel that we are watched. And the new digital boxes really make me nervous. One in every home. If you don't have it, the gov will give it to you, free of charge. To make sure you have it.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
the hdtv digital boxes? I sure wish I would have got mine free,lol I paid $200.

Ama

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Actually with the gas prices being as high as they are it is a perfect way to "quarantine" us. The average person is not going to be able to afford to travel like they used to and are going to be staying closer to their homes excpet to go to work and any other necessary travel. I was watching Glenn Beck this morning and he had the founder of JetBlue on and they were talking about how flying could actualy become something for only the rich and elite if fuel prices keep on this trend. Think about it, if we can't get out and about anymore like we used to how much easier is it going to be to keep track of us?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I was just thinking about that when driving through some of the tolls in the city..... TOLLS are an excellent way to quarantine a big population. Just look at all of the concrete barriers they have there at some of the TOLLS...prolly just my paranoia though

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You will know when it gets real bad when people are buying horses instead of cars .

Ama

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk
Do you ever feel like you are being quarantined or being watched?
(No its not paranoia!)

I thought today coming home on the train, what if we are all being quarantined by the government, because we are all limited in some way to what we, see,do and hear!

What do you all think?

Yeah I believe both. For being quarantined, we know that all of us are trapped on this planet, so technically we aren't completely free. Besides if you wanted to move somewhere else you would need to get your citizenship approved to live in another country. If not then, your gonna be sent back to where you came from. Almost like saying "get back in your cage." Earth seems like it is pretty much of a big prison, with seperate governments controlling each nation.

Nowadays there is a lot of misinformation on the media. The goverments do want to dumb us down, and lack the proper education that all of us need. Here's another thing that dumbs us down even more. Movies that are violent which most of us think is entertaining. Watching the horrid stuff on the news, listening to the terrible news on the radio, playing violent games.

It's really all mean't to distract us. It's teaching the future generations to live and act the same way that is being shown and heard. Here's something that will really change the world.

Give us the proper education that "all of us can understand", and we won't have all of these problems.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Shrukin89]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk

You mean like in an experiment or something like that?
there's always someone who consider others like toys or rats, right?

Afterall, just look at this place, probably many come here starting threads
just to read what's in "their" little creatures minds

[edit on 1-5-2008 by hookedfish]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by morthn1waytoskinacat
Your absolutely right, but the government has a hand in it to, by letting these idiot lobbyists get away with this nonsense. Ebonics is a prime example. Rather than teach kids proper English, they allow this ghetto language to be legitimised for fear of offending anyone racially, and it's easier to let it go rather than get shot at by some thug kid with no real inclination to be anything other than a Rap star or gangster. And by ghetto, I'm using the vernacular meaning, not refering to any actual ghetto, eventhough, I suppose that's where it originated.

The latest is that now students are using computer jargon and symbols as part of the written language.

Ama

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine

Originally posted by morthn1waytoskinacat
Your absolutely right, but the government has a hand in it to, by letting these idiot lobbyists get away with this nonsense. Ebonics is a prime example. Rather than teach kids proper English, they allow this ghetto language to be legitimised for fear of offending anyone racially, and it's easier to let it go rather than get shot at by some thug kid with no real inclination to be anything other than a Rap star or gangster. And by ghetto, I'm using the vernacular meaning, not refering to any actual ghetto, eventhough, I suppose that's where it originated.

The latest is that now students are using computer jargon and symbols as part of the written language.

Ama

Thats strange! But clever... can you elaborate on this? I would like to learn more about it.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
There was a segment on our local news here where educators are concerned because students are using computer abbreviations and symbols, as part of language , and using it in their reports and such.

I can just see it now,... having a smiley face in the websters dictionary, or byb etc. I admit when I write letters I have been guilty of putting a
at the end of it myself.

Ama

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
There was a segment on our local news here where educators are concerned because students are using computer abbreviations and symbols, as part of language , and using it in their reports and such.

I can just see it now,... having a smiley face in the websters dictionary, or byb etc. I admit when I write letters I have been guilty of putting a
at the end of it myself.

Ama

Oh right the way you described it before sounded like they made up a new language haha! I miss read it

Yes i am guilty too !

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I always feel a firey touch on my mind from years spent on sites like abovetopsecret when i see massive cancellations and road works on the news - i always do get the feeling that something is amiss.

Like for example; Say a large part of the A1 was closed 'due to a chemical spill' - how do i know it's a chemical spill?

What if it's actually some sort of massive field test for some viral agent and everything is done and dealt in the allotted time period provided by the MSM?

It's nothing more than paranoia, but a quarantine is a quarantine.

In all honesty power-blackouts make me more afraid than anything else - it's a total information cut-off.

I suppose it's just human nature to be afraid of things we don't know about.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If you're talking about information quarantines, as in - are they controlling what we know? - it's been happening for some time now, friend.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The quarantine comes later. Today, now, right this minute what I am writing is being monitored, perhaps only for certain key words or phrases popping out at cyper-robots. I know and I am proud to share this forum with others who know it too and will continue to speak out until we or the Internet is shut down.
Every phone call I make or receive is also monitored. The cellphone is also a passive GPS unit. For my safety I like it. For my safety, I don't like it. The quarantine comes after the uprising, not before. "We have met the enemy, and it is us" (Pogo cartoon 1970s)

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barbs46
The quarantine comes later. Today, now, right this minute what I am writing is being monitored, perhaps only for certain key words or phrases popping out at cyper-robots. I know and I am proud to share this forum with others who know it too and will continue to speak out until we or the Internet is shut down.
Every phone call I make or receive is also monitored. The cellphone is also a passive GPS unit. For my safety I like it. For my safety, I don't like it. The quarantine comes after the uprising, not before. "We have met the enemy, and it is us" (Pogo cartoon 1970s)

You definately need to be careful what you put onto the internet and speaking on the phone! Especially as the government is concerned! I'm thinking any keyword with government, consiparcies, aliens,ufo,9/11 e.c.t gets them ticking

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This has been happening for some time now.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
If you've ever heard of the FBI's genie program, my answer would have to be YES. I have my husband check the number of packets we are sending and receiving all the time because my computer will suddenly get super slow. Sometimes there is a reasonable explanation like the antivirus software is downloading an update. But sometimes there is no valid explanation, which is creepy, to say the least. On the other hand, I was just allowed to get a Concealed Weapons Permit, so I guess I can't be all that bad. But yes, I'm outspoken enough that I believe that I am noteworthy.

I also worry about all the cameras everywhere. The ones here are video and I have a hard time believing that they only start up when someone runs a red light.

It's late, so I'm rambling. I'm a conspiracy theorist, and while I don't believe that I've done anything so out of the way as to get me sent to Guantanamo, I do believe that they would feel that they have reason to be concerned. I'm cool with that because I believe that the government should fear its people. I'd rather die free than succumb to their whims.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarlett1125
If you've ever heard of the FBI's genie program, my answer would have to be YES. I have my husband check the number of packets we are sending and receiving all the time because my computer will suddenly get super slow. Sometimes there is a reasonable explanation like the antivirus software is downloading an update. But sometimes there is no valid explanation, which is creepy, to say the least. On the other hand, I was just allowed to get a Concealed Weapons Permit, so I guess I can't be all that bad. But yes, I'm outspoken enough that I believe that I am noteworthy.

I also worry about all the cameras everywhere. The ones here are video and I have a hard time believing that they only start up when someone runs a red light.

It's late, so I'm rambling. I'm a conspiracy theorist, and while I don't believe that I've done anything so out of the way as to get me sent to Guantanamo, I do believe that they would feel that they have reason to be concerned. I'm cool with that because I believe that the government should fear its people. I'd rather die free than succumb to their whims.

I agree with you there! The government are deffinately scared of what people can do!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join