It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all being quarantined?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Do you ever feel like you are being quarantined or being watched?
(No its not paranoia!)

I thought today coming home on the train, what if we are all being quarantined by the government, because we are all limited in some way to what we, see,do and hear!

What do you all think?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk

At the risk of being dinged for a 1 line post, quarantined from what exactly?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Just to learning more facts about the world, discovering new things and general life itself.

Weird concept i know but i just like to hear what people have to say about things like this

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

No I do not feel like I'm being quarantined.

But I do feel as if I am being watched. I suppose that comes from my family being watched closely when my dad was in politics in the 60's and 70's. The "enemy" would send my father a detailed list of where I had been and who I spoke with. Tapes of my phone conversations were also sent to him. Sure glad those days are gone. Was embarrassing for my father to know everything I had done. Most people don't realize how down and dirty politics really is.

The road I drive to the mall on has cameras. Every store we go in has cameras. Then there are those spy satellites.

IMO only an idiot would not realize we are being monitored.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
hahaha!

That is an interesting story! Politics is definately a dirty game, but there is no reason for them to spy on you as it was your farther whom was working for the political business or what ever!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Definately then. There are multiple examples of evidence leading to the conclusion that the PTB are carrying on a dumbing down of the populace, while also engaging in mis/disinformation on most everything of any importance to the common man. Believe me when I say I'm not being sarcastic by welcoming you to the real world Neo. It's always good to see another sleeper wake up.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I think so. have REALLY noticed a difference in tv programming lately.

The shows are very boring. The sitcom no longer exists in that it shows what families are currently dealing with. Most shows on satellite are hard facts shows, on how to make something.

It just comes down to very very boring. I do not feel I am learning anything when I watch tv. There used to be some interesting documentaries but I barley see the them anymore. Nothing that challenges my brain.

Ama

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Wouldn't know, stopped watching years ago. But heres a little anecdote for you:
I had a recent conversation with a young coworker of mine (age 22). He didn't realize South America was a continent. He thought it was like Mexico.
I thought he was joking, but he was dead serious. I asked him sarcastically if they taught him any geography in school, or "is all they teach you kids about are "Jimmy and his two dads" ?"
He says he didn't have to take geography, it was optional.
That says it all, I think.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
wow, optional ? I remember geography. I got an A in that class

Something I found interesting , many years ago I lived in England and did one of my years of high school out there.

I found that the history they teach and the history United States teaches are two different histories! They each put their own spin on it.

Ama

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
My word!

The schools today are a sham! They arn't teaching kids what they need to know!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Same in Canada, at least when I was a kid. They made Loius Riel look a bit like a rebel piece of # (which he technically was, eventhough he has a statue on the Manitoba legislature grounds now!
), and made no mention whatsoever about the the fact that church and government schools were committing wholesale genocide on the native population. They white washed into "Integration into society".

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Part of the problem with the school system is the lack of interest by students, parents, teachers, and the general public in bettering our childrens' learning. I'm not saying the "No child left behind" plan was implemented perfectly or that it has been a roaring success, but let's take it as a good example of what I mean. You have a standardized test that every kid has to take and pass before they move on. For years and years Americans whined about how the system was just moving kids from grade to grade, not caring whether they'd learned anything or advanced like they were supposed to. Then we employ a system design to tell us exactly who should NOT just be moved to the next grade to become the next teacher's problem... aaaannnnnddd everyone still bitches about it. "Oh, it isn't fair to expect my child to have actually learned anything! wha! Wha! Wha!"

Just another fine example of the real problem in today's America. It isn't even related to the government, but rather the people. We're scared to death of actually pushing ourselves. If half the effort that has gone into creating bullcrap excuses over why certain kids can't pass the standardized tests was used to actually educate the child so they can pass it, we wouldn't have this problem whatsoever. But no, it's easier to sit around and complain at the problem until someone else takes it away than it is to change your own viewpoint. The American way is no longer about rolling up your sleeves and raising yourself above the bar, it's now about sitting on your butt and whining until the government or some institution lowers the bar down to a height which you can, with minimal effort, reach.

How does that relate to the topic at hand? Simple! The government isn't quarantining Americans against anything, we've quarantined ourselves. Everytime you decide to complain or whine about something you consider unfair or too challenging instead of gritting your teeth and figuring out a real solution to YOUR problem (this is a key concept, more on this in a moment), you have just quarantined yourself against achievement and success. I stress it being your problem because too often we see where a very small, but VERY vocal minority in this country find something too challenging, so they cry about it until the standards are lowered to suit them, lessening everyone else's achievment in the process. That's crap. If you can't find a way around whatever stumbling block you find yourself up against, don't blame the government and make it seem like everyone else is failing alongside yourself. It is YOUR problem, and it should be up to YOU to solve it YOURSELF. That is the American way... or at least it used to be.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I think so. have REALLY noticed a difference in tv programming lately.

The shows are very boring. The sitcom no longer exists in that it shows what families are currently dealing with. Most shows on satellite are hard facts shows, on how to make something.

It just comes down to very very boring. I do not feel I am learning anything when I watch tv. There used to be some interesting documentaries but I barley see the them anymore. Nothing that challenges my brain.

Ama

I swear all I watch now is History chanel, TLC, A&E, and HBO movies/series. Ever since Jericho was canned I have no need for the major networks because I could give two craps what celeberty can dance better or what Trump is up to(Ok so I have hells kitchen as a guilty pleasure and House but thats it). Back on topic of course were being watched more and more every day. Why?? Right now I think its just to get us used to it and saying its for our saftey, but the funny thing is I feel LESS safe.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
well said burdman

No I don't feel we're being quarantined. I can access whatever info I want and go where ever I want. I can learn as much as I want about any particular topic .. I may not get all the information I want access to, but it doesn't mean I'm being quarantined from it. With money, contacts, and enough effort anything can be gotten.

now you might say we're being "conditioned" by tv or mainstream media as to what we should care about or pay attention, but again that isn't even forced, we have many options, change the channel or turn of the tv, not become a part of the mindless sheeple. Information is always there, we just have to be the ones looking, and if what is being spoon fed doesn't suit you, go find something else to chew on.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Your absolutely right, but the government has a hand in it to, by letting these idiot lobbyists get away with this nonsense. Ebonics is a prime example. Rather than teach kids proper English, they allow this ghetto language to be legitimised for fear of offending anyone racially, and it's easier to let it go rather than get shot at by some thug kid with no real inclination to be anything other than a Rap star or gangster. And by ghetto, I'm using the vernacular meaning, not refering to any actual ghetto, eventhough, I suppose that's where it originated.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I understand why you feel as you do. My father held several political offices. He was an elected official. The PTB were not spying on me or other members of my family. They were trying to intimidate my dad. It was to be taken as a threat to his family. He was a very outspoken man and was determined to break the political machine that was in control.

It is very difficult to fully comprehend the workings of politics unless you are on the inside looking out. When you buck the system the thugs will do anything to stop someone that works to expose their dirty deeds.

The diary of my daily events, the pictures and tapped conversations were a means of showing how easy it would be to harm one of the family. My daughter was kidnapped the last year my dad held office.

Get involved in a political campaign and you will be greatly surprised at the evil that rears it's ugly head.

I am very proud of my dad but the psychological damage it did to our family will forever be with my brother and I.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I feel nothing of the sort. If I wanted to pack up the kids and travel across the country right now I could. Well, maybe not, the high gas prices might stop me from doing something that crazy, but in theory I could. As far as being dumbed down by tv, well, if you are dumbed down by it, maybe you were just dumb to begin with. I mean seriously, how many days in a row do you need to watch MSM, and see nothing but talk about Barack Obama and his preacher before you realize you need to turn it off because they are flooding the news channels with BS while hiding the real news. If you continue to live in your own little world, you will continue to feel like you are forced to. Go out and live life...........since there might not be much of it left in the near future. You know that war in Iran thing that's being talked about.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

The problem with the NCLB is that the school funding is tied to the scores, putting all of the responsibility on the teachers and none on the students. I believe in making students responsible for their own learning, and this test is not accomplishing that goal. Why not just fail students who don't do the work and avoid teaching to the test?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Being quarantined and being "tacked" are two different things.

I would expect to be enclosed if quarantined, so in that sense we are free to come and go (still) but if you mean tracking, oh i have no doubt about that.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I live in Arizona , and they are now trying to opt out of the no child left behind.

I do not blame them. Arizona is 49th in the worst state for education. See how much good it is doing ?

My daughter was a in a good charter school, and was learning a second grade level in the first grade and getting straight A's.

We had to move , and now she is stuck in a public school, that is horrible, and she is re-doing things she did in kinder garden. She is bored. I supplement her with homework, of my own, and teach her myself on top of her going to school to ensure she does not fall behind as a result of this crappy public school. That is the only one in this area though, so we have no choice. The nearest charter school is 50 miles away. The only private one they have is a Catholic one , and I do not want her doing that. ( No offense to anyone Catholic, but I am not, and do not see what it has to do with education . )

Ama

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join