It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Protein May Offer Novel Target For Blocking HIV Infection: Successful In Lab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Human Protein May Offer Novel Target For Blocking HIV Infection: Successful In Lab

www.sciencedaily.com

ScienceDaily (Apr. 29, 2008) — A research group supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) has uncovered a new route for attacking the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that may offer a way to circumvent problems with drug resistance. In findings published April 28 in the online edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, the researchers report that they have blocked HIV infection in the test tube by inactivating a human protein expressed in key immune cells.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
If true this would be great news... At most recent count, if I recall correctly that is, something like 13 million people have died world wide because of AIDS.

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hey, Grover, thanks for posting this. My best friend was diagnosed with AIDS about 2 years ago and I keep hoping that a cure will be found soon. This gives my friend and myself some hope.
Thanks!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by christiansoldier

you're welcome.... its interesting research and what I found fascinating is that it's not based of a heavy drug routine like current treatments are.

As with cancer and chemotherapy... there just has to be a better way.

new topics

top topics

join