It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troop Deaths Hit 7 Month High In Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

U.S. Troop Deaths Hit 7 Month High In Iraq

www.rawstory.com

The killings of three U.S. soldiers in separate attacks in Baghdad pushed the American death toll for April up to 47, making it the deadliest month since September.

One soldier died when his vehicle was struck by a roadside bomb. The other died of wounds sustained when he was attacked by small-arms fire, the military said Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I felt this would be an important news item to include today, as I see our chicken-hawk, war-mongering liars are stepping up their plans to start up the next disaster in IRAN that we'll all be suffering for...And I see our usual bunch of war-mongers here at ATS are cheerleading away for it as well.

In the mean time, we're still neck deep in the total disaster that is IRAQ, and our guys are dying at RECORD NUMBERS again, to carry on THIS disastrous debacle.

So quit cheerleading for ANOTHER WAR, when we can't even get anywhere with the nightmare one we're stuck in now, and our men are losing their lives non-stop!

In all, at least 4,059 members of the U.S. military have died since the Iraq war started in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count.

Here's the problem, this is not a war in any sense of the word, but a country trying to expel foreign invaders and occupiers...

Such street battles — in tight confines and amid frightened civilians — are increasingly becoming a hallmark of the drive into Sadr City and recall the type of head-on clashes last seen in large numbers during last year's U.S. troop buildup in Baghdad and surrounding areas.

The Sadr City violence continued overnight with the destruction of a school in the district. AP Television News footage showed that parts of the two-floor Baghdad Girls' School had pancaked as the result of an explosion. Desks were hanging down from the slanting classrooms where the outer walls were blown out by the blast.

Local officials said the school was the target of an airstrike on Tuesday evening.

And you wonder why these people are fighting so furiously to get us out? Bombing a GIRL'S SCHOOL?

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
You have seen that lately the news from Iraq has been on a stand still, I guess bad news are not good for election year.

Is just despicable how this so call war/invasion has been allowed to go this far.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Indeed...And as we can see, these maniacs are beating the propaganda war drums in overtime, literally foaming at the mouth to start up their next profiteering debacle with Iran and Syria. The financial burrying of this nation and thousands of lives being extinguished are non-relevent in their megalomaniacal agendas.

But we as a nation cannot take any more of this beat down from them. And I for one am TIRED of this bloodshed and aggression to keep further lining their pockets.

join