It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

real id act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

real id act

www.ncsl.org

On January 11, 2008, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released the final regulations to implement the requirements of the Real ID. The release of the final regulations is a mere 120 days prior to the implementation deadline established in the Real ID Act. DHS estimates the costs for states to implement the Real ID will not exceed $3.9 billion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Real ID act is here guys starts in 10 days.

So looks like you will need to give a fingerprint a retnal scan. To continue driving.

www.ncsl.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Altho its a huge invasion of privacy and rights it does protect from identy fraud quite well. a birth certificate will no longer cut it

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm renewing my DL before May 11, so that gives me another 8 years or so before I have to do it again.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Last time that I had my DL renewed, had to impatiently wait while the camera person tried to make a non english speaking person try to understand the procedure for taking his picture. He just stood in the wrong area with a stupid grin on his face and didnt understand. Maybe this law will help on cutting down on illegals.

top topics

join