It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theatrical release - It's time to take it to the Big Screen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
One thing I think this field is in desperate need of, in order to get the public to take a SERIOUS look at UFO's and "Aliens", and to get their attention, is to bring it to the big screen.

Just think about it, people love movies, they loved to be entertained. Most people are lazy and aren't willing and will never do the research on this themselves. Sometimes, putting the information in their faces where it cannot be denied is the best way to go. Just try talking about UFO's/Aliens on the streets to people, you will literally be laughed at. A lot of people aren't even aware that testimonies, from very credible people, such as; former government officials, military personnel, astronauts, pilots, and politicians etc, even exist.

Now, of course, I'm not talking about making another SCI-FI movie like AVP, but an actual documentary that would stick to the facts and evidence available; Which would present to the audience, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that something really is going on in our skies.

There is so much information that's documented, which is available to everyone, that the masses aren't even aware of, like I said.

Remember the movie from Michael Moore, called Sicko? Weather you like Moore or not, you have to acknowledge that his movie played a big part in getting a large portion of the Media, and the citizens of the US themselves, to finally wake up and realize that something was seriously wrong with their health care system.

In my mind, this was the "spark" that actually got people to start talking about healthcare seriously and demanding change. Before that, people carried an "Oh well, that's just the way it is. It sucks, but there's nothing we can do" attitude. Now, I see healthcare being talked about on every major news channel on TV, in an amount that far surpasses any of that which it did before the movie was released. I would go so far as to say that the movie actually did MORE to make people aware of the problem and incite change. More than any politician ever did or could have.

Sometimes, people just need a big shake up to realize what's going on.

The same needs to be done here for UFO's/Aliens, imo. Enough of discussing this in the dark on the internet and being laughed at and ridiculed everywhere else.

I heard talks that Jame Fox's new film, "Beyond the Blue" (the sequel to Out of the Blue) *might* get a theatrical release, I'm not sure.

I sure as hell hope it does, though, because it's exactly what we need.

I've seen a few reports on CNN's Anderson Cooper and some Larry King Live interviews etc, on this subject, within the past year as well. So, it does look like we're on the right track. This phenomena is slowly starting to open up to the masses and creeping it's way into the mainstream news.

Perhaps we can even get the presidential candidates talking about this in the future, too. Who knows, it could even bring about partial disclosure as well.

Anyways, just some food for thought on my part. I'm just trowing ideas out there. What do you guys think about all of this?

[edit on 30-4-2008 by N3V3RM1ND]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I watch UFO "documentaries" when I can and have noticed that many if not most have this underlying message that the UFO issues is bunk. Yes, there has been more discussions in MSM about it, and I guess that is good. But I've noticed that everytime there is a show about it the debunkers are always shown in a more favourable light. It's entertainment, and it seldom pushes us to think beyond the end of our noses. The history channel and the Discovery channel shows ARE entertainment and NOT serious looks into the phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
I watch UFO "documentaries" when I can and have noticed that many if not most have this underlying message that the UFO issues is bunk. Yes, there has been more discussions in MSM about it, and I guess that is good. But I've noticed that everytime there is a show about it the debunkers are always shown in a more favourable light. It's entertainment, and it seldom pushes us to think beyond the end of our noses. The history channel and the Discovery channel shows ARE entertainment and NOT serious looks into the phenomenon.

Yeah, that's very true, too. A lot of these shows that air on TV are entertainment, and not always a serious look into this matter.

Out of the Blue, though, was probably one of the best documentary films ever made on this phenomena that I have ever seen. If Fox can get his sequel to air on the big screen for the masses to see, I can almost guarantee that this matter won't be taken lightly as much as it was anymore.

new topics

join