It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Structures on MARS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
pretty neat layout of mars.... but I have to tell you .... If I took a picture of the wall I was painting today ... (old plaster)... with mud in the cracks to smoothen part of it out.. Im sure I could find some amazing structures in that too..

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Both images are small, so pixelation is a real problem.

They also lack enough contrast, and that, creating less shades of grey, may make the image loose detail.

Both these images are from the IMG files, just cropped, level adjusted and had the "destripe" filter from The Gimp applied.

It may really be some squarish structure or just a crater with whiter ejecta making it look like that.

Unfortunately, we do not have any real good data to work with.

Good find, none the less.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

They are from Mars, my alien buddies told me their race is called Mudkips. They come in peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is all there is folks, without using resampling. This is a crop from M0401900 @ 1,200%

Link to photo.

What you see in this is all the information on the original image. Anything else would be interpolated via resampling in software. It could be anything.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zero7

It is only a rock formation. It looks symmetrical because there are pixelation.
The image is low in detail. Low Res.

ROCK. ROCK. ROCKS. ROCK. ROCK. ROCKS. ROCK. ROCK. ROCKS.

How many threads are there about random rock formations here in ATS and how many of them being regurgitated over and over and over and over again that it now becomes a putrified soup of fantasy paranoia delusional tales?

MILIONS of them.

If there was a huge earth spanning conspiracy by the oooo-sscawy big bad brother observing your every move wouldn't be dumb for them to just leave a picture of a 'city complex' for all to see that would rattle cages and threaten this shadowy oooo-so-scawy all-knowing gubbermint?

Have you people think of that. NO!

These are just rocks people. NOTHING TO SEE HERE. MOVE ALONG.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zero7

Looking at these things reminds me of the massive Pump Stations on the Yarra River North of melbourne, AU.

The fact that they are close to several deep craters might suggest something similar once stood there..

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
it definitely does not look like rocks to me, it doesn't look like something natural .

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Hmmm i too have learnt of life on Mars - not first hand - read of Boriska the Indigo Child... and "Cosmic Voyage" [Courtney Brown, Ph. D].
Boriska claims to have previously lived on Mars and Courtney did his research through remote viewing with astounding results.

Both tell of how Mars lost its atmosphere among other details and both stories give the same version of events - information which i've never come across any where else or in any other text...

Extremely interesting...

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Certainly looks like it could actually be some kind of structure, perhaps two levels with the upper one being smaller, but still digital artefacts combined with square shaped natural structures is a probable cause.

Still a good find, though you can't prove its anything you can't totally dispel its potential either.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mix_Blender

Interesting image, useless post. It would help if you had posted something more than just a link.

Also, it is not directly related to the photo posted on the opening post of the thread, you could at least say that.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Sorry, should've clarified. I don't post often

Mainly, I displayed this photo to give a more realistic counterpoint to the idea that these ideas of 'structured' landforms such as was displayed at first do not exist often in nature.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It looks like a middle eastern building. I don't know, It's a common fact that the brain tries to look for a solution and makes an illusion of something (like the man on mars).

But very convincing. Hmm...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
STARRED AND FLAGGED.

Very interesting photo. I'm currently in the process of doing some photoshop work to lend credit one way or another. I'm at work now, so it may take a little time before I'm able to devote an ample amount of time to it.

I've always been interested in Mars anomalies as other may attest to if they've seen some of my work on the Cydonia/Giza threads.

At first glance it would appear have every indication of being a square-like structure. However, given that there appears to be several anomalies, however small they may be, around the given area that appear square as well, I'm skeptical about this being such a structure. Also, there doesn't appear to be much shadow being cast from the "structure" that is obviously apparent in the craters surrounding the anomaly.

I'll continue with my photo analysis in a bit and post up my opinion with photos.

Excellent thread!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by zero7
enlarge bottom side of image

image link: www.msss.com...

[edit on 30-4-2008 by zero7]

Hi zero7, the geometric figure or structure looks to be designed by intelligent beings. I figured if one structure was in the photo there would be other structures near by. Look to the bottom of photo you will notice a crater to the left and on the right hand side rim of that crater you will notice a white in color intelligently designed structure.

When you first view the crater it will take a minute for your eyes to lock onto the structure and it also helps viewing within a totally dark room with contrast and brightness at a lower level. To further enhance your view of the structure on the rim of crater cup your hand and look thru your fingers like a tunnel. This does 2 things it keeps the excess light from reflecting back into your retina and blinding you and helps you focus on a particular object. You heard the term tunnel vision well this is the next best thing.

To further enhance your vision without enlarging photo in many cases use a high quality magnifying glass preferably German, French or Russian optics to view anomalies. Plastic optics I have found show to many scratches eventually on the lens when viewing the surface or objects on Mars, Phobos, or the Earth's Moon.

One more step to enhance your viewing take your high quality rectangular magnifying glass and bend or stretch the object you are looking at on the surface of Mars by holding your magnifier at an angle in any direction in other words you can rotate your magnifier 360 degrees. This will give you a different perspective of what you are viewing and often times if you do not stretch the image you will not see the anomalies at first.

The last step in getting the best views is do not take your eyes off the anomaly you are looking at and it may take your eyes a few minutes to lock on to what you are viewing but it will pay off in the long run if you have the patience.

It is just how the eye and brain combination works to assimilate the light spectrum wavelengths of information being reflected into the optic nerve by way of the cones of the eye. Everyone has there own technique and these are some of my secrets to better viewing anomalies. Rik Riley

[edit on 31-5-2008 by rikriley]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join