It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were You Born Lucky ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

A psychologist is to carry out a massive study in Edinburgh to find out if some people are born lucky. Parapsychologist Richard Wiseman will ask thousands of people to fill in a website questionnaire asking when they were born and whether they think they are lucky. He aims to discover whether there is a link between the month you were born and how lucky you feel. Professor Wiseman, of Hertfordshire University, hopes his findings will be compared with other research about how the month you are born in affects your health and how likely you are to become depressed. It will also add to the debate about how much our thoughts and behaviour are determined by our genes and how much by our environment. The data will be collected during the Edinburgh Science Festival, with the findings published on the last day of the event. Prof Wiseman said: "Psychology of luck has looked at what sort of people are extremely lucky and unlucky, their personalities and how they make opportunities in their lives. "What this study will be looking at is whether these personalities or the way these people think and behave is shaped by the month in which they are born. "There is some evidence that certain types of behaviour and personality are shaped by the month of birth, but no-one has looked at luck in that capacity."

Prof Wiseman will build on research into links between seasons of birth and health. Existing studies suggest good health is linked to being born in the summer, and poorer health in the winter. People born at certain times of the year are also more prone to depression than others and the results of the luck study will be compared with this research to see if patterns emerge.

Article
edinburghnews.scotsman.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Not that I believe in luck, but it always seems that things break even for me. For every negative thing that happens something positive occurs which balances things out.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
i hope to hell they take more into consideration than the month that you were born in!!! i am certain that they will no doubt get some definative results, although if all they go by is the month that a person is born they will miss out on the bigger picture. they should atleast take into account ......... screw it

peace

new topics

join