It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Same Old Consciousness Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It's funny. I do search engine marketing for a living but can't ever come up with a decent title for my topics. Maybe i'm in the wrong line of work.

Awareness of our consciousness is brought about by the senses our bodies were given. If, when we die, we merely transition to a different reality, this assumes the consciousness isn't a product of the body.

I guess that's the big question we keep running into. Is consciousness a product of the body, or is reality the product of consciousness? I personally lean toward the idea that awareness of consciousness came first, and reality followed, driven by a super subsconscious desire for definition.

Definition. It is consistent with everything that makes up reality. Everything is the way it is for a reason, because every piece belongs where it lives.

So my consciousness can't be mine alone, can it? Doesn't it have to be just a cog in a greater machine? Is it part of some greater consciousness that delegates the responsibilities of experience to its own subconscious, that being humans?

If that's God, then i believe in God. But how will i ever know? The senses my body gives me will always fail me when i try to look at the greater picture. If i do pass on to a different level of consciousness, how could i go with trust that i could trust those new senses?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Yes, consciousness is a product of the body –

If it’s the other way round what created consciousness, a random event that by chance produced thought just as a random event that by chance produced life…..

Are we talking about self-aware consciousness? If so in that case it would be a step by step process over the course of billions of years through evolution where life develops and becomes smarter due to increased memory development and thought processes.

new topics

join