It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Hits it out of the Park on CNN American Morning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
River Goddess...If your only disagreement with Ron Paul is his position about the "Right of Choice" for women, I don't think it should be a cause for concern. After all, whatever his personal opinion may be, it wouldn't be up to government interference to decide the issue.

Consider Dr. Paul's record of strong adherence to the Constitution...If in Office, he'd probably leave such a decision to the individual people involved & leave the government out of it. He's at least smart enough to know the difference between what the government should do & what it should not do.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

I don't know for sure but this is one area where Paul would see it a States Right issue.

Roper

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Roper

I am inclined to agree with you.

My take is that Dr. Paul has an evident predilection for the notion that allowing our employee 'the federal government' too much authoritarian control leads to the States becoming weak by virtue of dependence. That can only lead to the States becoming a superfluous entity between the people and the National. If you are going to submit your State to that kind of control, you're no longer really a State are you? After all, you're relinquishing your State sovereignty.

Contrary to 'apparent partisan paradigm' I think we should all be citizens of our State BEFORE we are citizens of our Nation. Did I just blaspheme?

Any way, that's my $.02

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1
I love Ron Paul.

But, the one thing that will prevent me from voting for him is his stance on a woman's right to choose.

Ron Paul believes abortion is a States Rights issue, meaning each state should choose for itself. The constitutional way. Just clearing that up for you, he's personally against it, but doesn't want to decide for everyone.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Macrotus

Listen to what is being said about the Federal Reserve and exactly what they cause. The power they hold over the country, a private institution. Also, the country did fine for a long time without income tax. We will do just as fine without it again.

All our income taxes are going to right now is meddling in other people's countries. It's time to come home and take care of ourselves for a while. I am sorry the world is a bad place in some areas, but what makes that America's business?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
...Paul would see it a States Right issue.

Possibly, but since Dr. Paul has proven his strict adherence to the Constitution so well, let's see how that particular issue might actually be handled by the Constitution. From what I see in the Constitution, there's probably two places that seem to come so close to such a personal level.

At first, we'd have to see who would actually have "jurisdiction" in this case:

Amendment 10:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Taken literally (which is the way that the Constitution is meant to be taken), the Feds were not specifically granted such a Power...The States were not specifically denied the Power. Yet, since the true sovereignty is reserved to the People, they may be able to persuade (through political activism) the State whichever way the People want it to go. But still, using this particular clause, the decision should be left to the States.

However, when we look elsewhere in the Constitution:

Preamble:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Hold on, what's that phrase? "secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves & our posterity" & this whole paragraph has been declared by "We the People!" So this means that it's the People who are forming their States into a Union! This is what declares that the true Sovereignty of the People is above any level of Government.
So it seems to me (& possibly Ron Paul, if he strictly sticks to the Constitution as a "whole unit") that this should be an issue left to the decision of the individual Citizen. Of course, Ron Paul may not agree with the reasons to leave the issue to individual choice, but I think such Constitutional logic would prevail with him. In either case & at the very least, that would still mean leaving "the damn Feds" out of it.

Originally posted by Maxmars
Contrary to 'apparent partisan paradigm' I think we should all be citizens of our State BEFORE we are citizens of our Nation. Did I just blaspheme?

Actually, no you didn't blaspheme...There are two kinds of Citizenship! At the Supreme Law website, they look at the various laws (& particularly the Constituion above any other law) & have determined that you are automatically a State Citizen according to where you are born...In that case, you really are a State Citizen before you can become a federal citizen; At the linked site, there really is a reason to use capital letters in "State Citizen" & lowercase letters in "federal citizen" so that's why I do it here too!

You are not "automatically" a federal citizen, unless you were born in, or naturalized in a Federal Zone (which includes US Territories/Possesions & other Zones within State boundaries, such Military Bases & even the Federal Building in the downtown area of your city): You would also be a federal citizen if you're a foreign immigrant who has become Naturalized under the Immigration Laws. There are a few other ways to become a federal citizen, but the point is...You were right the first time!

I've already discussed this over on page 8 of another thread...Lots of good info there, so check out the whole thread.

Originally posted by Aaron_Justin
Listen to what is being said about the Federal Reserve and exactly what they cause.

Exactly! There's already been a lot of detailed discussion about the Fed Res & how bad it really is...Rather than spend a lot of time & space here just to list a lot of links, I suggest using the ATS Search & use "Federal Reserve" as keywords in the thread title. Be warned that if you also use those same keywords to search the text within the posts, you'll get overwhelmed!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just wanted to thank you all for your comments.

I never expected the this thread to become as popular as it did.
It makes me feel good about my fellow ATSers and the hope for a brighter tomorrow.

Even if RP wont win the election, perhaps one of us can carry his message to another election.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by morthn1waytoskinacat

Hardly.
Although Mr. Paul is a genuine and decent man, he is dreaming in technicolour if he thinks America can withdraw cold turkey from cheap credit.
As to your wish to have him here, and the cheap shot at Harper, no thanks. Trudeau, Chretien, Turner and Martin ruined our country. Harper and his team are the only hope to bring it back from the brink of bakruptcy and chaos.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Good stuff, thank you for posting this, I had not gotten a chance to watch it, and am glad some one posted it here.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't fully agree with him but I think he does really speak truthfully
which I really admire and like. That's what I think is great about Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The reasons why Ron Paul wants to dismantle the Federal Reserve:

1. Federal Reserve came into effect in 1913. Before 1913 there was no such thing as inflation or a national debt. Also, the government had the ability to make its own money and the money made was backed by gold. In the Federal Reserve Banks, money is created out of thin air.

2. The people running the Federal Reserve, namely (Rockerfeller) wants to see several things happen: A National ID Card (Bio-chip Implants) which is part of a plant to control and enslave the world, the same secret agenda of the New World Order, an age old plan created by a secret society group known as the Illuminati.

3. Have you ever asked that question to yourself? Why Is there a National Debt? Why doesn't our government create its own money? Why do we have a need to borrow money from the Federal Reserve Banks? Did you ever ask yourself what happened to the degree that we all of a sudden needed the Federal Reserve's help? The Federal Reserve is unconstutional. It is not what our founding fathers had in mind for our nation. The federal reserve is responsible for turning this country from a free country to a fascist country. Perhaps you don't know this.

4. The Federal Reserve Bank under Rockerfeller wants to see the Americas unite the same way Europe did when the "Euro" was established. In the Americas, it will be called the "Amero". By the time this happens, (and it eventually will as long as the Federal Reserve exists) Bio chips may already be issued. Keep in mind that you won't be able to buy or sale without this chip, with the possibly of your chip being disabled if you don't comply with the government.

Believe me and everyone else who wants to see Ron Paul as president. He may be the ONLY chance we've got. Ron Paul doesn't want to see our nation go further into the dark tunnel. He is for the American People. He understands which direction this country SHOULD be headed in. He sees the direction we're already headed in, and he wants to turn us around before its too late. So if you still don't understand how important Ron Paul is by now, I'm afraid you may never understand.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Haha, you gotta love this guy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join