Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ron Paul Hits it out of the Park on CNN American Morning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while.
Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?"

And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say: "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever,
because this is just a ride." ... and we kill those people.

Ha ha, "Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as ONE.

Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defense each year, and instead spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we can explore space together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
~~~~Bill Hicks~~~~~

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
dang
The video is NO LONGER available...............

I voted for RP in the Utah primaries.

I WANT to write him in, but I am SCARED TO DEATH that if I do that the demo who is running will NOT get enough votes, and we will wind up with
'OMG McCain' as the new little shrub/president..........

............seriously I am VERY afraid of this.

I'm scared to death that you want Hillary or Obama in the White House. "OMG" I don't want any of those Republicrats as President, but I will take McCain over those two bumbling idiots any day.

I really like Ron Paul too, but as some have said, he won't make it to the Top this year. I hope I'm wrong and he does, but it's not the votes that win elections, it's the people counting them.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I am almost ashamed to say this, but I don't think any one person is up to the challenge of taking on the behemoth 'corporate-party' syndicate that has positioned itself between the American citizens and the government we had established for our benefit.

Can someone find a link describing the 'write-in' process and what we as voters can expect at the ballot? Frankly I have voted quite a few times, and I can't recall ever seeing anywhere where I had option to write in a name.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Thank you for the information about comments to CNN. My e-mail is on the way.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

The same continuing bullsh#t agenda will be carried out by any of the remaining "Top Three" candidates if elected.

To me, Ron Paul represents a choice Americans haven't had in a long, long time.

I wouldn't worry about McCain, he'll soon blurt out something like ..."We know Saddam has been smuggling Scuds into Turkey"...and even the most conditioned of the populace will see he's a little off.

Starred/Flagged

[edit on 30-4-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sobolwolf
4.03 in that movie clip - hear satan sigh?

Sounded to me like a belch, just as the host said "global food prices".

Satan? Hunger? Indigestion? I dunno.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It's so refreshing to hear that mainstream media is covering him!
Yay!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Ron Paul is going to be at IPFW in Fort Wayne, Indiana on Monday May 5th!!!! If anyone is in or around the area please come and show your support for the revolution! It starts at 7. If anyone has any question's about it U2U me.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I recommend his new book. I managed to get a hold of one last week, and I've just about finished it. It's at #1 on Amazon right now, and it just came out officially today. Hopefully it can make it to the national best seller list to really get the Revolution going.

Also, the MOST effective thing you can do, personally, is to get involved in the political process by becoming a delegate. If you aren't already, it's too late this time around, but hopefully there's a next time. It is open to anyone who is willing to show up. I attended my district's convention last week, and will be going to state (Georgia) next weekend. Hopefully we'll get some Paul supporters into the national convention.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I love Ron Paul.

But, the one thing that will prevent me from voting for him is his stance on a woman's right to choose.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

" Please don't laugh at me for this question, but I thought Ron Paul had dropped out?? "

It is the easiest way the enemy can destroy someone is to not talk about them.

It was the reason for PAYOLA, [ a scandal in early rock n roll history ] to promote artists to give them exposure. So the formula is easy, do the opposite of promotion, to get people to forget him, they omit him.

I'm gonna write RON PAUL in, if he's not on the ballot.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by scooler1

Try not to let yourself be polarized by a single issue.

And I don't intend to get into a debate, as I'm sure you've probably heard the arguments... but try to think of it more than just a woman's rights, there is another human's rights that need to be protected as well. If the child had a voice of it's own, it be a lot harder to simply argue it as a woman's rights issue.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cutbothways
Ron Paul is a freemason.

Anyone on this forum should be alarmed.

Why does it not surprise me that this info
has been surpressed?

Well then apparently Freemason's aren't the Boogeymen you'll be lead to believe they are if you wade into the Secret Society Forum. The powers that be do not want this guy around.

Just watch this video, it's a pretty succinct primer into what he believes.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I didn't read through everyones reply, so if I say something that has already been said, sorry.

Ron Paul is so on the ball. For this interview, he gets a total
. Every question he was asked, he answered without missing a beat, very informative, and was the absolute truth. Such a refreshing change to hear him speak besides what we hear from the other candidates. If the MSM would cover this guy more often, I think the citizens of the United States of America would learn the truth.

I for one, would love to see him in office, but I think we all know how that will turn out.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
He sounds too much like a whackjob to me. Abolish taxes? Dismantle the fedreal reserve? Wow I've never heard anything so ridiculous and asinine. Does he want to make our country bankrupt? Where do you suppose the government get their money from? Selling drugs? Well it seems some of the stances that he's pushing that it looks that way.

So he wants to let the US and turn a blind eye on Iran and most suicide bomber arab countries in the middle east? Who's going to stop them when they achieved nuclear capability? The UN? All the UN do is talk talk talk and no action. So we cut off our involvement with the rest of the world, close our borders, and turn a blind eye to the evil in this world.

Haven't you heard the things that these middle east arabs do to their wives and children in the name of Allah? Can you imagine the terror if these same animals acquire nuclear capability? And at the same time we want to cut taxes, dismantle the federal reserve and go bankrupt?

HE'S INSANE.

Wake up Edit Ron Paul is a nut job.

HE'S INSANE.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Macrotus]

[Mod Edit]
Courtesy Is Mandatory
Mod Note Please Review: Courtesy Is Mandatory
To engage in stimulating, topical discussion we must minimize the disruption caused by off-topic digressions

[edit on 1/5/2008 by Sauron]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macrotus
He sounds too much like a whackjob to me. Abolish taxes?

The truth sounds crazy to the ignorant. He wants to abolish INCOME tax which is but a small portion of all taxes the government levies. The government still has their trade duties, corporate taxes, and fines and fees.

Dismantle the fedreal reserve? Wow I've never heard anything so ridiculous and asinine. Does he want to make our country bankrupt? Where do you suppose the government get their money from?

Why? Do you even know what the federal reserve's function is? The whole point of the federal reserve is to let the government borrow money from corporations (banks) within the USA instead of having to go to foreign countries for the cash.

When a country borrows money from another country they form an agreement as peers. Both parties answer to their people and both parties can use the threat of war to insure their investment or debt. This is a good thing because it helps to keep one party from abusing the other. A country can always say, "We ain't paying those crazy interest rates anymore. What are you going to do about it?"

When a country borrows money from a corporation it borrows money from a subordinate. A corporation answers only to their corporate shareholders. At the same time, a corporation is provided protections and safeguards by the very government that owes it money.

This creates a problem. While the government has granted the power to manage all public debt to a private corporation, the government has not granted themselves the power to default on that debt at any time with threat of force - the government can't go to war with a private corporation.

Selling drugs? Well it seems some of the stances that he's pushing that it looks that way.

I am pretty sure that Ron Paul wants to get the USA out of the British global drug trade of which the USA has been a principle member of, unlawfully, since the war of 1812.

Jon

[edit on 5.1.2008 by Voxel]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm no expert in politics. I voted for Bush(was it in 2000?), can't remember.
As far as I know, he wants to ONLY abolish income taxes. There are PLENTY more to support government federal, sales, gas, property, state, death tax.?????????
He NEVER says 'turn a blind eye to Iran'.
He just doesn't want war. Many in Iran are moderate.
Have you ever seen MODERN Iran society?
It's not as palestinian-like as media would have you believe. All the women don't wear hajibs and the men don't all wear turbans. They go to Universities. They speak out against Amadenijad WITHOUT machine gun fire!

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

He sounds too much like a whackjob to me. Abolish taxes? Dismantle the fedreal reserve? Wow I've never heard anything so ridiculous and asinine. Does he want to make our country bankrupt? Where do you suppose the government get their money from? Selling drugs? Well it seems some of the stances that he's pushing that it looks that way.

So he wants to let the US and turn a blind eye on Iran and most suicide bomber arab countries in the middle east? Who's going to stop them when they achieved nuclear capability? The UN? All the UN do is talk talk talk and no action. So we cut off our involvement with the rest of the world, close our borders, and turn a blind eye to the evil in this world.

Haven't you heard the things that these middle east arabs do to their wives and children in the name of Allah? Can you imagine the terror if these same animals acquire nuclear capability? And at the same time we want to cut taxes, dismantle the federal reserve and go bankrupt?

HE'S INSANE.

Wake up Paultards, Ron Paul is a nut job.

HE'S INSANE.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Macrotus]

you ate that propaganda right up didn't ya. yes you would go bankrupt if you keep running the behemoth of a government that you do now, spending most of it overseas on illegal wars.

if you actually knew what his stances were and could speak with some knowledge on the subject it would help your position, first of all yes his end result would be to get rid of all taxes and go back to smaller sized government where they didn't need taxes to finance the behemoth it has become, in the phase in between this change he would try to implement some sort of fairer tax system that puts more money into the peoples hands, he wouldn't just shut down everything he dislikes all in one go, it would take time to implement this change, which he also admits would take a consensus of change with the people and the politicians in washington for this to happen.

the federal reserve is a privately owned bank run by private bankers that can create money out of thin air whenever they want, with little or no oversight what so ever, explain to me why this is a good idea in anyway? America existed for years before the FR came into being and could easily exist without it, probably with better stability too as the FR is the one who create the bubbles and crashes by over inflating the currency and giving too much credit.

he wants to stop policing the world and getting involved in affairs that aren't your own, if your even a little bit knowledgeable on the subject and dont just get all your news from fox news you will know that the USA has been interfering in middle eastern affairs for decades now (installing dictators, messing with elections, bombing countries, occupying land etc..) and all it has done is create strife in the area and hatred towards the USA. ron paul wants to bring the troops home and defend their own country, if the USA is ever attacked then he will happily go to war with whoever did it, he just doesn't see any right in the government using the peoples money to go police the world, nation build and start illegal wars.

you seem to be under the notion that the middle east is full of animals that want to destroy America, as i said ...ate that propaganda right up, America causes the hatred in the first place by being over there, YOUR THE BEST RECRUITING TOOL AL QUEDA HAS, when you accidentally bomb someones house killing his whole family the hatred rises out of that, when you occupy someones country the hatred rises, when you occupy holy land, when you mess with internal politics, the hate rises. if you stay out of there and just trade and talk with people they have no reason to hate you and the extremists will just be laughed at by the majority of normal hard working citizens who just want to live life as normal.

how would you feel if china came and occupied america would you fight back in anyway possible? im sure you would

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

I totally disagree...

if McCain gets voted in then you can guarantee more War in Iran etc.
that means the same problems we went through in the bush election, but even more serious.

Worrying about voting for Ron Paul but opening the doors for McCain to win is definitely a legit concern

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

this is a totally legit concern RiverGoddess... in fact, one that I had not thought of before.
I mean, people are already worrying that that will happen with just Hilary and Obama, let alone if people start voting for Ron Paul as well.

oh, and the video is available for me, so maybe they put it back up if they took it down. so check it out when u get the chance!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join