It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Hits it out of the Park on CNN American Morning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This video speaks for itself.

for anyone who has never listened to Ron Paul or know much about him, like me, well, watch this video... it may just rock your world

Ron Paul sounds like an ATSer

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Ron Paul is my hero. he is the truth. I wish I had 4 hands, so I could give him 4 thumbs up.

In so many other threads people talk about the "real" issues, and how noone wants to talk about them. Well Ron Paul addresses them with real tactics, and real plans to help the market, not just temporary fixes.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
God bless Ron Paul.

He scares the living hell out of the old guard, he represents the people and he is a champion for the Constitution and the rights of the American citizen. The GOP and the Democrats know that if elected Ron Paul would clean out the lazy, blood sucking, do nothing politicians in Washington who have stolen from the people and served for the interests of corporations and foreign governments.

They try and derail his message every chance they get because ultimately they know that his platform represents REAL change, the type of change that would hold them accountable for their actions. The liars and the tyrants and the self servers fear this man because he has the balls to be honest to the people and he has the conviction to see this house of cards knocked down and rebuilt the way it was supposed to be built, by the people and for the people.

If Americans out there want to take back your country, if you truly are sick and tired of these vultures in D.C. robbing you blind, if you want to end this stupid war and stop policing the globe, if you want our fighting men returned home to protect AMERICA, if you want to abolish the evil empire that is the Federal Reserve and the IRS, if you are honestly ready to make this country great again and ready to work to implement real and lasting change for the better, here is your answer.

It is hard for me to say but I honestly believe that Dr. Paul is our last real hope, if we as Americans do not act now and say enough is enough, we may not have a country left to worry about. Another 4-8 years in the direction that we have been heading and it will be over and done for life as we all know it.

The word is revolution, the time is now.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Great thread! I love this guy, I really hope Ron Paul becomes our President.
The other three are the same.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Great video, thanks for sharing! I'm glad that Ron Paul is not completely blacked out in the media. He was pretty much ignored in the debates, and is not given ANY attention by the Republican party.

Somehow McCain has pretty much locked up the nomination without competition. Even though Ron Paul has little to no media coverage, he managed to receive about 10% of the Ohio primary vote. That's amazing considering his predicament.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
thanks all for the replies.

like I said earlier, the video truly speaks for itself.

my favorite part is the idea of "Republicats"

He seems to know that we need to come together as a people. A revolution really is needed. I truly hope that his word spreads through this next 4 years, enough so that he has a shot at the next presidency after this one... because as much I like him, it just wont happen this time around.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
my favorite part is the idea of "Republicats"

Republicats? Democats?

I can't watch the video right now, but that sounds like taken right out of "Mouseland". It's really a great piece of Canadian history put into a short, but very educational, cartoon.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about "Mouseland":

The Story of Mouseland was a story told first by Clarence Gillis, and later and most famously by Tommy Douglas, leader of the Saskatchewan Co-operative Commonwealth Federation and, later, the New Democratic Party of Canada, both social democratic parties. It was a political fable expressing the CCF's view that the Canadian political system was flawed in offering voters a false dilemma: the choice of two parties, neither of which represented their interests.

The mice voted in black cats, which represented the Progressive Conservative Party, and then they found out how hard life was. Then they voted in the white cats, which symbolized the Liberal Party. The story goes on, and a mouse gets an idea that mice should run their government, not the cats. This mouse was accused of being a Bolshevik, and imprisoned. However, the speech concludes by saying you can lock up a mouse or a person, but you can't lock up an idea.

The story is almost exactly repeated in Douglas Adams' novel So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish, representing a similar situation in a human world ruled by lizards.

Source

And here's the actual cartoon:
www.workingtv.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Great job Nevada! Though it is disappointing that the party walked out on you. It sounds like you would have gotten many many delegates.

Ron Paul is my hero as well. I'm just glad I got to know him and his vision: a free society and what that means.

apc

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
I truly hope that his word spreads through this next 4 years, enough so that he has a shot at the next presidency after this one...

I think I remember him saying this was his last go at it. He's a year older than McCain after all. One can only hope Songbird McCain has a coronary and drops dead before the convention, but Paul looks to have taken a bit better care of himself. Otherwise who knows... maybe he'll be up to it when he's 78.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Amen, brothers & sisters!
It looks to me like Ron Paul is the only one in the running (& perhaps the only one in the entire political system) that possesses such an impeccable record of adhering to his Constitutional Oath (Article 6, Clause 3)!

I'm sick & tired of Clinton, Obama & McCain hogging all of the MSM time when the "other party" on the whole has been getting mostly ignored. The very document (The Constitution) that gives these a-holes the authority to occupy their Offices is the very same thing they violate the most.

Correct me if I'm wrong (but I doubt if anyone can prove me wrong) on the idea that the Constitution is supposed to be the same thing as an employment contract: That is, the People being the employers, the Constitution being the contract & the Office Holders being the employees. As such, what would any "company" do if it's been proven that the employees have been violating the terms of the contract so pervasively?

Fire 'em, that's what! Even the current contract laws would be enough ammo to indict all of those violators for "breech of legally-binding contract"...On top of each & every one of the individual charges that resulted in those breeches! Even if none of the individual charges are successfully prosecuted, there still remains the fact that they've been fired (Impeached) and permanently disqualified from holding any Office ever again (as per Article 1, Section 3, Clause 7).

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Please don't laugh at me for this question, but I thought Ron Paul had dropped out??

I live in Kentucky and we have not had our primary. Will he be on my ballot?

And his ideas are so great!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
He never dropped out. Only the mainstream media is saying that.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Exactly. And even dbates has said Ron Paul dropped out, which is not true.

He had to focus on his congressional bid, so he cut back on the Presidential primary for the time being. He never dropped out.

What's interesting is that I can't find any mainstream articles as they seemed to all been deleted.

The Texas congressman wrote on his Web site Friday that he is making cuts to his national campaign staff and that he must also stay focused on not losing the primary for his House seat.

Source

Paul vows to press on

Only 1 mainstream media article that hasn't been removed. Pretty ridiculous and definitely a suppression of the truth.

Despite single digit showings in the Wisconsin and Washington State primaries Tuesday night, Ron Paul told CNN Wednesday he has no plans to drop his presidential bid.

"I will stay in as long as my supporters want me to," the Texas congressman said on American Morning Wednesday. "I was very reluctant to enter the race, didn't think it would last more than a month or two, but to my amazement, we literally got hundreds of thousands of supporters and millions of dollars, and they are still very enthusiastic. And I say as long as the number of volunteers continues to grow, and the money comes in, and there are primaries out there, and they want me to be involved, I am going to stay involved."

But here is the man himself, quote him if you want:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If I could be an American for just one day I'd vote for him. Maybe we can talk him into coming up here and being our Prime Minister. Anything would be better than that baby eating vampire we have now. Harper is a bilderberg piece of # like all your presidents are

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I really hope that he spends the 4 mil on tv ads.
Most think he withdrew already.
He really got railroaded.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ron Paul has no chance for the 08 election... that is that sad state of affairs...

He, however, has started an idea going on.

He has deeply effected me... my eyes have opened to the anals of history, and the founding documents.

The seeds have been planeted, and in the elections, and years to come, the Ron Paul Revolution will live on, long after Ron Paul is RIP, this revolution that he has started will succed...

... The country is not desperate enough...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That's a good man.

It is a shame we have such a biased media controlling people's thinking, and sheltering them from real info such as this.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Good points, but I will disagree on one aspect of your post.

I believe that people in the U.S. in fact ARE desperate for change. But when your options are not clearly presented, and when the best candidates are overwhelmed by a media snow job designed to make the disappear, it is sort of difficult to get the message out there to the masses.

Just think, the people here on ATS are likely some of the most informed voters out here in society and most of us probably follow politics closer than the average folks out here who are preparing to vote. And from the looks of things around here it suggests that most had no idea that Dr. Paul was still even in the race.

How do you combat the crooked media machine and the devious efforts made by the Republican party to undermine a candidate? If we are ever going to get anywhere then the playing field needs to be level for all participants, not just the ones that the MSM and the political talking heads want you to see. It has been an uphill battle for Ron Paul since the campaign began, and in my opinion an organized effort to have him buried. Most voters believe what their idiot box tells them, and unfortunately Dr. Paul is not one of the MSM's golden ticket candidates.

Think democracy still works, even for the little guy? Paul will be lucky to even make it on to the ballot if the PTB have anything to say about it.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Please don't laugh at me for this question, but I thought Ron Paul had dropped out??

Even if he did drop out, you can still vote for him as a "write-in" ballot!

Also, if you're concerned about the controversies surrounding the whole process of "paperless voting machines" you can request an Absentee Ballot in advance...That way it will be on paper!

Originally posted by TKainZero
He has deeply effected me... my eyes have opened to the anals of history, and the founding documents.

Hopefully that also includes opening your eyes to the "anals" currently in government...Oh! Sorry! You meant "annals," didn't you?

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Think democracy still works, even for the little guy?

Democracy doesn't work & it never has. Democracy has been proven by history to always devolve into tyranny or facism; I cite the fall of the Classic Greek democracy & pre-WW 2 Germany for examples.
The USA was established (& intended to remain) as a Constitutional Republic (as per Article 4, Section 4)...A far cry from democracy.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
While I'll for change, such as the stupidity over not drilling for oil in the US, new types of power, people getting a clue.

While I honestly know nothing about RP, the truth is the man can't win. That is why the media doesn't do anything with him. He simple doesn't have the numbers that say a Perot had. If RP could do what Perot did, then he might have a chance.

Sorry but the truth hurts. I'd still like to see a third party candidate win just to shake things. up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join