It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria compares American sourced reactor evidence to Iraq W.M.D intel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Syria compares American sourced reactor evidence to Iraq W.M.D intel

afp.google.com

"When you look at these pictures... a single image comes to mind -- that of US Secretary of State Colin Powell accusing Iraq of hiding weapons of mass destruction and presenting as proof a dossier of photographs," Al-Baath said.

"Of course Mr Powell later acknowledged that he had been fooled by the US intelligence services and by conservatives within the administration.

"The new US campaign of lies should surprise nobody -- it's a continuation of the same policy of US pressure against Syri"Does it make sense that we would build a nuclear facility in the desert and not protect it with anti-aircraft defences?" he asked. "A nuclear site exposed to (spy) satellites, in the heart of Syria and in an open space?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Syria is afraid folks. To me this sounds like a plea for international attention to the situation, which the Syrians fear could turn ugly (for them). The comparison's nature seems to carry a sense of urgency and fear. I'd be afraid too if the American/Israeli's caught me building a nuclear facility with the potential to produce nukes.

afp.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Pretty bad when nations can accuse the US of being that unethical and honest as to warrant this sort of hype.

Georgie boy REALLY thought that he'd parade into Iraq as a king, gain the oil and kill some baddies with everyone sticking behind him.

Its scary how OUT of touch with reality this man is.. especially big theres some big issues coming out of the ground, REAL quick!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I dont think that George Bush ever expected to be King of Iraq. It looked like a good move at the time, so he made it. The invasion went well, perfect even. The occupation on the other hand was another matter, but it isn't fair to accuse George Bush alone for how things in Iraq turned out, theres too many variables. You can't predict the future, but you can be prepared for the worst. I don't think ground level commanders in Iraq were ready for the worst, and it took a long time for proper strategies to be developed for that kind of war. If NATO (I'm mainly refering to U.S, British and Canadian troops right now) can fight in Afghanistan and Iraq (Canada is not in Iraq) they can fight anywhere. The conditions fighting in, I dont know, Europe or North America (Conspiracy theorists go hard :roll
would be easy after that kind of war.

new topics

top topics

join