It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo Children, true or not? what do you think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Came across this topic awhile ago (2-3 years ago) and thought it was pretty interesting as well.

The Indigo Children

According to Tappe,

The Indigo phenomenon has been recognized as one of the most exciting changes in human nature ever documented in society. The Indigo label describes the energy pattern of human behavior which exists in over 95% of the children born in the last 10 years … This phenomena is happening globally and eventually the Indigos will replace all other colors. As small children, Indigo’s are easy to recognize by their unusually large, clear eyes. Extremely bright, precocious children with an amazing memory and a strong desire to live instinctively, these children of the next millennium are sensitive, gifted souls with an evolved consciousness who have come here to help change the vibrations of our lives and create one land, one globe and one species. They are our bridge to the future.*

also another interesting site that i found
INDIGO CHILDREN - HOME

Also Wikipedia gives a good description of Indigo Children as well.
Wikipedia - Indigo Children

I thought this was pretty interesting and i came across if this is true or hold any water some young children that would seem to be indigo children.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Everyone wants to be special. If labeling yourself with a title such as Indigo Child makes you feel like you are special then so be it.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Exactly. I think I fit the label, was born in '89, share a lot of those traits and even suffer from OCD. I don't think they're any different from anyone else. It just sounds like it's describing the majority of people with a fairly open mind.

I think a lot of people would love to fit the definition, too. I mean, a lot of people (individually) like to feel like they're something special because it gives them a sense of purpose in life.

Still, though. I reckon there's no such thing. Everyone has the same gifts, but whether or not people want to endeavour in such esoteric activites means the difference between having a fairly good range of psychic skills, and a rather poor set of them. All you need to do is use the power that is YOURSELF.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Potato

Well said Angry Potato. We all have gifts. It's what you do with them that counts. It seems all "Indigo Children" want to do is talk about how enlightened they are rather than actually doing something with out the need for recognition on a conspiracy forum.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
do quick searches here before posting, this subject has gone around multiple times to no end for along time

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ive personally never heard about this children before...but i must say they sound very interesting and some how inspiring.
Good Find!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Don't be fooled by it...

Yes, clever children are born and adapt quickly.....

But the whole indigo children thing is nothing more than new age hoo-ha, created to make pseudo-spiritual author's quite rich, whilst making people feel slightly better about things.

There's only one thing i detest more than religious people spouting nonsense, and that's new age, wannabe hippies regurgitating all the things from the 60's and 70's, lost in their own ego-fuelled pseudo-spiritual melo-drama.

Sorry to be so negative, but that's the way it is...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I agree.... yes people have gifts and i believe in some weird stuff but this is just tooooo hard for me to believe. its just some old hippies trying to make some money off of all the acid they dropped in the 60's

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ...and justice for some
reply to post by mr-lizard

I agree.... yes people have gifts and i believe in some weird stuff but this is just tooooo hard for me to believe. its just some old hippies trying to make some money off of all the acid they dropped in the 60's

absolutely... I'm quite open minded with most things, but there's just something about the whole indigo thing that doesn't wash with me ... know what i mean?

But, i'm humble enough to hold my hands up high and admit i may be wrong. (but i'm probably right) - lol

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

Everyone has some ESP abilities of some type. They are just never developed. I think the indigo children is another attempt to sell books. As one gets older, society has ingrained in us what is real and what is not, leaving imagination and creative thinking running out the door.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Damn! You could have got James Randi's $1m prize for showing off your ESP abilities!

Seriously, I'm sure it's great thinking that everyone has ESP just under the surface, but until there's any evidence for it (which there isn't), believing so is pretty silly. Believing in the possibility is perfectly fine, but to believe it's true, without evidence, is irrational thinking.

DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
All I can say is that the first time I read about what an Indigo Child is and read about how people think they fit into the group, I just laughed. And I still laugh when I come across such pieces of nonsenses.

Excuse my ignorance but I believe that anybody who thinks they have super uber powers and have the ability to be better than everyone else because they can paint a picture better than you can at the age of three and have the abilty to tell other people over the internet that they can read years into the future in order to save 'less special' people need to grow up and take a step back into the real world.

Rant over. These people just annoy me.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Indigo Children, i can tell you about someone who got suckered into this, and now we have someone so ugly inside, you would be hardpressed to find an ounce of good intentions anywhere near her, and all because of a supposed psychic called well can't name names, would be unfair, but begins with hawk, and ends in shadow, the mystical cherokee woman, who came to live in the UK spreading her goods, but failed to see immigration looking for her in her third eye, and thats after she had a few letters asking her to leave the contry.

Ok anyhow, my Wife and I had a friend, a dear caring loving friend, she went to see the Psychic, and during the session, the Psychic told her she was an Indigo Child, our friend turned into a monster, using her friends to get what she wanted, sharing secrets with everyone and anyone trying to cause trouble, and now has gone onto having herself altered, with subdermal piercings, scarification, tattoos and that is just the start.

She treats everyone around her like garbage, and passes from man to man on a weekly basis, or until the men discover what she has become, she weekly cleanses her kids, saying they are under attack from the supernatural world, or other Witches have sent out entities to hurt her kids.

Our friendship with her ended when she accused my Wife of Hexing them, that was it for me, only can go so far before you want her to see an urgent dentist if you catch my drift?

So if that is Indigo Children for you, then you can keep them, im not saying everyone is like her, but their own self importance becomes much bigger with every day, so far we have 3 friends who are Indigo Children, and only 1 is still on the world we live in, as for the Psychic, well she seems to have lost her Psychic powers, but we think that is only because she is back with her Family in NM.

I'm sure once she is out of sight of them and back here, the bumping will start again, only this time we have a treat for her..

top topics

join