It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Spider Kills its owner, what a way to go!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Just goes to show you that insects are not really your pet.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Eh, there is no worse way to die - dieing in general sucks (unless you're old, or it's done with honor). But, being skinned alive and put on a cross to be baked by the sun and eaten by insects (mind you, you are still alive) isn't the greatest way to go. Where did I think that up? I didn't -the Vietnamese did it to Americans in Vietnam.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Wow what a way to go out eh? A black widow spider killed him? He must of had a weak immune system, or it was a smaller baby widow with a more lethal venom. I know a few people that have been bit before. They said it hurt like a bitch but didn't kill them.

I couldn't imagine the smell coming off that guys body after all that time drooped over the sofa. The smell of rotten flesh? Maybe something worse.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Urgh!
Thats terrible!

First being killed by insects then eaten by them

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
ehhh, to each his own. although im terrified of bugs i find myself extremely amused by spiders and some other bugs. some people take this amusement and love to levels others think crazy, but to that person seem absolutely ok. although i could agree he probably made some poor choices the reason the spider got out was probably an accident and in no way reflected this mans ability to care for these creatures. but thats just my perception.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You got this from Fark.com, didn't you?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoktek

How about being eaten by an anaconda.They squeeze you uintill your bones break, leaving you paralyzed. Then they swallow you whole so that you slowly suffocate in there stomaches.
PAINFUL

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
this is why i generally hate people. selfish bastards. and why you should always spy on weird people. im sure someone in that building new something. or maybe not. oh well. good riddance. freaking idiot. i hope they got that whole building cleared out properly. i fcking hate insects and reptiles. they are not your friends. if a human being will back stab you, wtf do you think an animal, insect, fish, or reptile will do? people are so dumb. where are the aliens from august 18th to rid us of so many useless souls.

im hungry by the way

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
i wonder if pictures of this will show up on the net somewhere... would be gross as hell to see though.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well this totally gets my vote for the creepiest Thread! And creepist way to die!!
I mean really, those little buggers do not make good pets, and takes alot of work to keep up with that many critters..

My friend has spiders, and Im like thats not a pet you can put on your pillow and cuddle with!!!

A waste of a pet IMO.. I dont want a pet if it can kill me!! And I sertinly dont want a pet I cant cuddle with!!

But, Im the type of guy who sees a spider in my room, ill catch it, and let it go outside.. I dont belive in killing bugs just becasue they are in the house. Im not affriad of them, and hold them with due resect.. And not keep them as pets...

thanks for sharing the story with us here..
And thanks for creeping me out!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow really wow ,what a way to die .coming out of the nose..there they should be looking for some sacs ..esp of arachnids.

I have been bitten by spiders ,enough to count on my hands in 35 yrs of life,number 3 on my list was a Brown Widow that bit me in 2005 on my lower arm ..the pain of the bite was not that bad but the side-affects was really bad/crappy & the Brown only carries quarter the strength of poison than the Black Widow and they usually don't even inject all poison in to you as the Black Widow would.

Why oh why did he not run & seek medical attention? ..he would have been alive ..all i can think of is he really loved his creatures so much and knew he would lose them and face some fines/legal issues ..or a death wish,or heart problem ..i cannot see anyone when the neurotoxic poison kicks in sitting it out ..i just can't.

Well it's a wow for me.

Originally posted by dangermouse
I was under the impression that Black Widow venom was usually NOT fatal to humans unless the person is allergic to it, excluding of course small children and the elderly. If I remember correctly, the toxin causes intense muscular contraction for several days, very painful.

Hi DM ,actually the widow carries a neurotoxic poison which any human have no need to be allergic to ..all you explained as symptoms happens and much more ..the worst is the struggling to breathe ,chest pain,back pain..then convulsions which if no medical attention is seeked would kill you in an hour or so.

I have read about people who have survived Black Widow or so bites from snakes who carries the neurotoxic venom without medical help..but that is all up to if the spider only gave the person a soft "punch" and not full on ..Black Widows are full on ladies when they bite .they are not aggressive but when they attack you will be heading for a full on..suppose even they have their bad days.

As it comes to allergies ..we write of numerous spiders as harmless ,each and every real spider have fangs and a venom sack and people can react differently on various types of bites.Take a bee sting ..some use them as pain relievers and others only need one sting to die.

Allergic reactions differ in individuals so better to know what is "real spiders" (Real Spiders are those who can bite & have venom glands) ,so all numerous insects from ants to the ugly, even if claimed to be harmless and do allergy tests ..that is how i learned...there is a person for every poison out there.

Eg: Black Widow /Sac Spider /Violin (Brown Recluse) / All Tarantulas are "real Spiders"
Daddy Longlegs is not ..no fangs ,no venom glands..

[edit on 8/26/2007 by qonone]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jezebel

Reptiles and insects have pretty slow metabolisms. He was going to be a snack for the next six months or so...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm just wondering how they know it was the BW that killed him?

I mean, couldn't he have died of some other cause and then the zoo started to clean up the mess?

I just don't see how they would know without a full autopsy.

Wait a minute! The Sun? Isn't that a tabloid? I'm calling shenanigans! I don't know what it means but I'm calling it!

[edit on 27-8-2007 by jbondo]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Wow.A bizare end to a bizare life.Why would anyone play with a deadly black widow anyway??

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I live in an older house that is INFESTED with black widows, I have been here for about 6 years and neither I or my family have been bitten. They are actually pretty docile insects, when I turn on the light in the garage they pretty much try to hide, I just wander what provoked the attack.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
How were these bugs contained in his apartment for weeks? Would they not have gotten into the walls and started bothering neighbors?

I have to be a little skeptical, but if it's true, I feel awful for the police that responded to the call. How do you clean up a mess like that? I would have slammed the door, thrown up, and called animal/ pest control. And what about the poor mortician doing the autopsy? It's hard to imagine what could have happened in there...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
thats scary see i told you spiders could eat us and wrap us up poor man and you said he was wrapped up yuck im going to have nightmares and thank good i am not in america

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoktek

as scary and sick it is its his fault how about being eaten alive by a shark that must be worse way to die or eaten by a squid ripped to pieces yuck

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Fake.

I took a bug class in college and my professor brought in this article to basically see how long it would take us to figure out it was fake. I can't remember exactly, but I remember this was one line..."Larger pieces of flesh torn off by the lizards were scooped up and taken back to the webs of tarantulas and other bird-eating spider." I just remember that tarantulas would not carry bits of dead flesh to their webs as I believe they eat their victims alive. They simply wouldn't exhibit this behavior. Sorry people

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I call this story bunk on the fact that many people each year are bitten by widows. I recall a Venom ER episode with a young girl bitten twice on her abdomen by a widow. She suffered in pain and fever for hours before getting attention medically. Due to her age and size they feared that helping her might actually kill her, she lived.

Here are some more Venom ER situations with widows and kids who also live.
www.tv.com... ry.html?tag=ep_list;ep_title;6

www.tv.com... mmary.html?tag=ep_list;ep_title;10

Also here is a little more widow information so that we may expand our knowledge and not continue with folklore.

Prior to antivenom
availability, black widow spiders killed approximately 5% of human
bite victims1. Now, reports indicate human mortality rates to be less
than 1% from black widow spider bites. Deaths from black widow
bites among healthy adults are relatively rare in terms of the number
of bites per thousand people. Only 63 deaths were reported in the US
between 1950 and 19892.

health.state.ga.us...

Though I will admit that having such animals running around your home freely is stupid, I will say that owning a venomous animal in its self is not. Venomous creatures are very interesting to keep and study as long as caution is maintained throughout the time you keep them. In other words don’t go around trying to pet or cuddle with a venomous creature or you will most likely be bitten.

The article also mentioned poisonous frogs; this seems to be a greater concern as far as death goes. I think of the poison arrow frogs when I hear about this in this case he only need touch one and he would be at serious risk of death. These things are far more deadly than a widow ever would be.

Widow bites are normally not deadly though. Either this was not a black widow that bite him (perhaps it was the Red Back spider which is related) or he was already ill or very out of shape or old. Maybe he had heart disease or some other medical condition.

What are the symptoms of a bite?
A black widow spider bite gives the appearance of a target, with a pale area surrounded by a red ring. Severe muscle pain and cramps may develop in the first two hours. Severe cramps are usually first felt in the back, shoulders, abdomen and thighs. Other symptoms include weakness, sweating, headache, anxiety, itching, nausea, vomiting, difficult breathing and increased blood pressure. Young children, the elderly and those with high blood pressure are at highest risk of developing symptoms from a black widow spider bite.

www.calpoison.org...

Mortality/Morbidity: More than 13,000 spider bites were reported to the American Association of Poison Control Centers in 1997, with no deaths; more than 1,300 of the bites were described as moderate or severe. The reported death rate from documented bites occurs in less than 1% of reported cases. Young children appear to be at highest risk for a lethal bite.

www.emedicine.com...

Again there are much greater dangers than a widow bite. You risk death much more by stepping outside of you home than by the bite of a widow.

Raist

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join