It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The False Prophet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Just a theory here while reading some of the UFO stuff on these boards. There are many that believe in multidimensionality and a great awakening that is to occur. Some I have read, claim to have actual contact with inter dimensional beings. Now as a student of the prophecies I can not help but to put two and two together. The false Prophet mentioned in the book of revalations will present himself as an alien being to the world.

"And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke as a dragon. And he exercised all the power of the first beast before him, and causes the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he does great wonders, so that he makes fire come down from heaven to earth in the sight of men. And deceives them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life to the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their, forehead. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

Just seems to make sense huh?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by photobug

"And he does great wonders, so that he makes fire come down from heaven to earth in the sight of men. And deceives them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast,"

Those that dwell on the earth and fire from the sky, does make sense. But doesnt it say somewhere else he will come from the middle east? Also some people think that extraterrestials actual dwell on earth already in disguise.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I believe he comes from within the revised roman empire so if my theory holds any water and the middle east is reconfigured he indeed can come from the middle east. Also consider that Babylon the great city is being rebuilt, possibly to become a financial hub.

Perhaps the aliens are part of the deception.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I actually believe that the so called Apostle Paul fulfilled this prophesy. He was used to lead man into Christianity, which I do not feel was the will or desire of Christ.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So your belief is that the apostle paul was the false prophet? I havn't heard that one before but it actually makes sense. The only issue I have with that is that if that was the case the antichrist should have been on the scene already.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by photobug]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Hi MP.

I actually believe that the so called Apostle Paul fulfilled this prophesy. He was used to lead man into Christianity, which I do not feel was the will or desire of Christ.

I'm afraid this is very possibly the most upside-down statement I have heard in my entire life.

To discover the truth of the matter we merely need to take heed of what Christ Himself said of this man, shortly after He had revealed Himself to him.

The context was that this man had been doing all in his power to destroy Christians and Christianity. So much so that the Lord knew the disciples would think his conversion was just a ruse to gain their trust. Christ therefore appeared to a man of high standing in the church, Ananias, to put beyond doubt the fact that Paul, this blasphemer and murderer, was a true recipient of His grace and forgiveness, and His chosen instrument for the spreading of the Gospel:

"...this man is My chosen instrument to carry My name before Gentiles, kings, and the sons of Israel..."

Acts 9:15b

I trust Christ on this matter. You may trust whom you will...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Excellent point. I wish I possesed those debating skills.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

The only issue I have with that is that if that was the case the antichrist should have been on the scene already.

Well, what makes us think that the Anti-Christ is not already on the scene? I myself believe the Anti-Christ to be the secularists. They hate Christ and everything to do with him. Makes sense?

I really believe that it is a composite group and have been in front of our noses for a long time.

To discover the truth of the matter we merely need to take heed of what Christ Himself said of this man, shortly after He had revealed Himself to him.

Here are some points worth looking at:

1. The story of Ananias is a confusing one. In Chap. 9 he is considered a Christian, but in Chapter 22 is considered a pious Jewish observer of the Law. Since he was well spoken of by all the Jews, he then urges Saul to be baptized. It appeared that he was treading two roads...trying to meet with the Jews approval but not receiving it, in trying to convert Saul over. His story does not completely make sense.

2. The book of Acts was written about 40 years after Paul's letter to the Galatians and a whole lot took place with the Christian movement that Paul started, before then, and many think (myself included) that facts were stretched to achieve a point. Looking to Paul's character - it would not be surprising!. Look to; "Paul the Mind of the Apostle" by A.N. Wilson.

Acts was not written until about A.D. 90 and many scholars believe was quite tainted by Luke who was committed to the Pauline cause.

3. There is so much debate on the synoptic gospels, Luke and his book; Acts, with his possibility of being influenced by Paul, and many questionable aspects of the books that Paul wrote. If you are a Christian, I do not expect you to agree with me on the possibility of my theory. I used to be Christian but not now. Ironically I could never stand Paul! I may do a thread on him in the future.

A book that I recommend reading for a different light on Paul is;
"Paul and the Invention of Christianity" by Hyam Maccoby

As far as Paul saying he had an experience with the resurrected Jesus, we only have Paul's word on this. Satan can transform himself into an angel of light (a verse or testimony by Paul later...which brings up, how would he know?). How can we be sure that who he actually saw was Jesus? I personally don't think so!

I believe Paul was used to become a false prophet who would create Christianity that would be based more on his beliefs than Jesus', that would be prophesied in Revelation. It would be a hidden mystery or sacred secret that was written afore time but is being revealed now. If you care to read my thread on the Bible being part of a great conspiracy you can do so here; www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't know why you are trying to figure out what you will never know... You won't know who he or it is until he or it reveals himself... Only then will we know who the true false prophets and the anti-christ are... Only will we know the meaning of life when Jesus returns... We are not meant to know and will never figure it out... I'm sure someone has guessed the right answer, but will we know if he or she is right? Nope... I say spend more energy getting to know the lord instead of trying to figure out who and when and all this... peace..

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Except the Bible does indicate that there would be "enlightened ones" in the last days who would be given the knowledge. It also says that many things written before would be sealed up until the end, and then would be revealed.

Not all would be privy to God's knowledge or new light, but there would be some who would know and then would dispense it to those who would be interested. Of course this is nothing new in Biblical history. God always used prophets, why would he stop now?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You are trying to confuse people who do not know the Bible. There are very clear predictions of false teachers and prophets in the last times who will try to undermine God's sacred Word, which is precisely what you are engaged in here.

The way you take upon yourself such an ostentatious title as an 'enlightened one', and proclaim you know the truth about the Scriptures while at the same time actually trying to undermine them exposes the nature of your teaching very clearly indeed!

I am all too familiar with this type of vendetta against the apostle Paul. It invariably comes from certain adherents of the Muslim faith, and it does their religion no credit. However I am not so uninformed as to tar all Muslims with the same brush, and so am able to continue to hold many in high regard.

Rest assured: Christians will hold no truck with the confused, false message you are peddling here.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I am all too familiar with this type of vendetta against the apostle Paul. It invariably comes from certain adherents of the Muslim faith, and it does their religion no credit. However I am not so uninformed as to tar all Muslims with the same brush, and so am able to continue to hold many in high regard.

This sounds like prejudice disguised as open mindedness!!

Muslim? I am not Muslim nor are all the scholars that I have read regarding Paul. If you are threatened by this - I am sorry. But not enough to stop sharing what I have learned, and what others may be interested in, even if you are not.

Read your Bible about enlightened ones;

1. "To you it is granted to understand the Sacred Secrets of the kingdom of the heavens, but to those people it is not granted."

2. "But we speak God's wisdom in a Sacred Secret, the hidden wisdom."

3...."to the revelation of the Sacred Secret which has been kept in silence for long-lasting times."

4. "This he caused to abound toward us in all wisdom and good sense, in that he made known to us the Sacred Secret of his will..."

5. "He said: 'To you it is granted to understand the Sacred Secrets of the kingdom of God, but for the rest it is in illustrations, in order that, though looking, they may look in vain and, though hearing, they may not get the meaning."

Well, so be it. If you want to call me, and others like me, a false prophet - it will be no surprise. But I for one, won't stop questioning and looking for possible new light.

It is okay if you don't believe that Paul could be the ultimate false prophet, but I find that after all the research I have done, that it is a strong possibility.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Do you see the Enlightened ones as the same as the prophets?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I suppose it would depend on whether a person keeps enlightened information to themselves or not. I have no fear in expressing what my views are, but I also have met some who have "sensed" things, but did not feel as comfortable speaking out loud, until they are around someone who speaks up first.

It has been surprising to me how many individuals have come forward with astounding information that corresponds with information I have received! Sometimes the information varies but the basics are the same.

I always say; question - question everything, and if something rings true, then it probably is. If there is not a ring of truth, then throw it away. Many times I have had to sit on something until I was ready to accept it, or until I receive more evidence before I can make it part of my belief system.

Does this answer your question?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

If you are threatened by this - I am sorry.

I am not in the slightest threatened, nor are any whose faith is firmly grounded in what God revealed through His true prophets, such as the Apostle Paul. Those who are not familiar with Christ's warnings such as:

...many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.

Matthew 24:11

might be, though, and I am challenging your attack on the Bible for their sakes.

Trying to give your false doctrine a ring of respectability by referring to it as the fruit of 'research' or trying to make it sound spiritual by referring to a search for 'new light' will, I trust, fool no-one here. It is the fruit of false teaching from false teachers. And it is not 'new light', but old heresy.

Christ Himself warned that such falsehood will deceive many. So come on people, protect yourselves from those who would mislead your precious soul, and set aside some time to familiarise yourselves with the words of those He truly enlightened, the Bible.

If you read through the New Testament you will see that the Apostle Paul faced up to many challenges against His Apostleship, and His response was always that he was a servant of Christ through the grace of Christ, who both forgave his past and ordained that he should be counted among the founding messengers of the Christian faith.

Peter, chief among the apostles, if you wish, said this of Paul's writings:

...our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures

2 Peter 3:15b&16

1) Paul's epistles are part of Scripture, God's revelation to man

2) Certain people mess with them, and receive dire warning

3) Paul is held in highest esteem by Christ's true disciples: he is a beloved brother

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
We will have to agree to disagree.

For others I have a thread that may be of interest; Is the Bible Part of a Great Conspiracy? Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Matrix,

I am curious as to your religious backround and your current status of religious memberships if any. I only ask from the standpoint to understand your point of view better.

Electric,

I agree with your statment of getting to know the lord, but in studies such as this I believe that is exactly what we are doing. By discussing possibilities as well as engaging in intellectual studies of various religious viewpoints, doctrines, and beliefs I believe that one can become closer than god becasue of the insights one has learned. I also think that it is our resonsibility to learn of, and about the deceptions that are out there so that we may better be able to fight them. The order of the end times is unclear, many study and present various theories, but what is clear is that god will come as a thief in the night and no man will now the hour. We also Know of the false prophets as well as the antichrist. What we do not know is in what form will they come. So in my perspective discussing possibilities and theories is a learning process that allows you to achieve a closer walk with God becasue of the understanding and knowledge you have gained from doing so. Is it not wise to know of the deceptions of your enemy? One must only be strong enough to spererate lies from truth.

Is it not wise to prepare yourself for any and all possibilities? This is one of the problems I have with main stream religion. They mostly follow ritualistic services and teach primarily feel good type stuff and teach to be nice to your neighbor and dont covet they neighbors hot looking wife, which is all good and fine but what I see is almost as if it's part of the mass media campaign. Many churches to me seem like an expression of that mass media that dumbs down the population.... go to church on sunday, pay your 10%, work 9-5 monday through friday be a good role model for your kids, take care of your wife, etc. etc. Yes while all those things are true why don't they teach us about the deceptions and allow us to grow as free men rather than the slaves of the elite. I know I am way off track here but what the heck.... Don't you think that the church is not a building but the outreach of a group of people. We have lost that somewhere and now it appears that many churches are nothing but appeasers of people and an income source for many.

Why do the churches not teach about the deceptions and fight satan rather than allow their fellowship to continue their sheepish behaviors?

Hey if I dint make any sense kepp in mind its 3:30 in the morning

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

The problem with this is that Peter endorses Paul, its wishful thinking by the Gnostic's

IMHO

David

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Hello There

thanks for the post, great comment!

I fully agree Paul is a great disciple of Christ and example to us all. The gnostics would love to topple him.

all the best

david

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Matrix, Hello

A Christian needs NO other book to expound anything from the bible, with prayer and a genuine heart the holy spirit guides us. The Bible interprets itself and when the holy spirit reveals its awesome and powerful.

looking for light in another corner other than Christ is the very essence of Antichrist itself. Looking for "illumination" is what the luciferians aim for,

the revealing of truth on the return of Christ is completely different.

Our selfishness and greed and a desire for "higher" learning is a human leaning to be like the most high. This takes us away from the lord, nothing else. We are formed from the dust of the earth, There is no other plain to "ascend" to

Christians should serve God in the best of their capacity. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom!

All the best

David

top topics

<<   2 >>

join