It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you " pro-USA" or "anti-USA or even neutral ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Finally, this topic was a good idea. I can see many differents POV, over the usuals remarks.

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Why do you think so many people are willing to risk their very lives just to come here?

While no nation on Earth is "perfect", the USA is about the closest we're likely to come. And that's from someone who's grown up all over this strange world of ours...

The USA has helped more nations, and is also quick to step in when rogue nations get antsy (other than WWII where we sat on our arses...but that's an exception to the rule). Anyways, I think this nation is a great example of how Muslims, Jews, Christians, Blacks, Whites, etc. can live and work together. Heck, all of the above work at my rather small company, and we all get along fine, so why the heck is everyone else trying to kill another?

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Pro USA!

There is not another place I would want to live.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I tend to agree with Estragon.What exactly do you mean by USA?I love the people(generally)and it has lovely countryside,Its nouveux culture is either inspiring or tacky according to ones tastes.I strongly disagree with its current administration because it lacks the one thing that any peaceful person wants from the only superpower.Consistancy.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I don't think I need to explain why I'm Pro-USA all the way....

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 02:32 PM
link   
For Americans, pathological patriotism is leading us down the path of discord in our own land and 'anti' on the world stage.
Reasonable discussions on what truly matters are supplanted by jingoistic tests of being for or against.
I love my country and don't fancy the way we're coming out in polls like this one:

Which country poses the greatest threat to world peace? Iraq; North Korea; USA
Poll results, thus far Iraq: 13%, North Korea: 14%, USA: 73%.

www.thisislondon.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Stands to reason that I love my country. If I didn't, I'd find my way to another one.
The wide variety in landscape is awesome. Whatever terrain and climate you prefer, you can find in the U.S.

I do have issues with the people and I certainly have issues with the government, and I fear neither will ever be corrected. I'll take one at a time.

One can blame the denegration on the media, the social engineering of the left wing of the "Agenda", or you might even say that it is natural for a society to devolve once it's struggle for existence is passed and it finds itself in times of comfort and plenty, but for whatever reason, our society is losing its cultural identity, its sense of morality and basic etiquette that keeps people from wanting to do harm to one another. You can see examples of this displayed from profanity in public (often times by women as well as men) to simple rules of courtesy on the highway.

The ones in ultimate power have seen to it that the public has become stupid in regards to the basics of our form of government, altered the history and re-defined terms to have a totally different meaning than that of what was intended by the founding fathers. The ultimate responsibility still remains on the shoulders of the citizenry, as they are the ones that should seek the truth. The fact that the inconsistencies are glaring is enough to make the most casual observer to understand that there has been many lies told and should make the ones that are truly concerned with their country to dig after the truth.

As far as the current administration is concerned, I do not see true attempts of pursuing the conservative (note, conservative, not right-wing) issues that Mr. Bush led many to believe he would pursue. Instead, he seems to be willing to spend money at the same rate as anybody else and compromise with the democrats to a point that makes one wonder what is true intent is.
Conservative values is not necessarily the same thing as right-wing, and I'm waiting for those old-fashoined, traditional conservative values that made the country strong be taken into consideration by the president, both socially and fiscally.

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You can better ask "what do you think of America and American government" just a thought.

There are a lot of Pro Americans who don't agree with current developments. Or I can better say lot of Anti-USA people are only against the current government policy and not against the American people. Maybe you didn't know but lot of Americans doesn't agree with Bush, only think of the vote results, not every American voted for Bush.

I only watch Americans movies, crazy for Hot Dogs, I listen to American music and many many more. If I could I would like to spent some time of the year in America. So you bet I am Pro-USA.

But I for example would like to see a Real President leading the United States. One who has a real sense of responsability and knows how to lead the world.

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I love America!

For all her faults she's the land of my birth and still my home (even though I'm currently in England) and I miss living there.

Now that I've travelled a bit and seen other countries, I value America more than ever. I was in Johannesburg last June - they have the highest AIDS rate on earth and it's called the "Murder Capitol" of the world. People there literally get murdered for their mobile phone.

I served during the Viet Nam conflict and would gladly fight right now to protect the freedoms that Americans have, and often take for granted.

There's a good 9/11 Memorial page at my website, you might want to check it out: 149849284.home.icq.com...

I am privileged to be an American,
Deep

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I don't think that pro or con is a question.

If you live in the United States then you are obligated to do what is best for your country. Ever since 1776, we have been growing, making this place better for our children. Today, we need to continue that work. We have a country where over 10 000 people are being killed by guns each year, children graduate from high school not able to read, and there is little help for those that are not able to get their feet on the ground. I am PRO U.S., I love this country, its freedoms (what we have left of them) and its diversity. I want it to become the best country on Earth, but it's not quite there yet, not by my standards.

You are a privileged bunch to be U.S. citizens. Take advantage of the opportunity you have here to implement CHANGE. From your position, you can work to make this country what you want it to be. I say, speak up for those that can not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join