It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you " pro-USA" or "anti-USA or even neutral ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 06:32 PM
link   
May be you can use this topic to explain your "pro" or " anti" position.

I do this topic cuz I don't understand why so many peoples are anti-USA and allways ready to be "pro" " something" when this " something" is against the USA.

I'll not expalin why I'm pro USA ( I did it already in many posts before, but I can do it one more time if necesary )

So,I would like to know it. Why are " pro" or " anti " ?

Thanks.

[Edited on 28-12-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well, I'm Pro-USA, for many reasons

1.) The USA has made many wise choices i.e. the bombing of Japan. Well, we have made a few bad ones too i.e. electing Clinton.

But I think in my other posts I have expressed my reasons.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 08:36 PM
link   
pro usa
the world wud be a messed up place without the usa(granted it is messed but it'd be even more messed up)

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Pro USA... but anti some of the inane policies. I think we'd have done better with Powell as president.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'll drink to that Jedi! Clinton, well - don't get me started.

Of course I am pro-USA. Sure, the US has its problems like everyone else, though I think we're for the most part - as history has shown - a self-correcting society. The US is generally one of the youngest countries with about the oldest government. That alone says a lot. In my opinion our forefathers had tremendous wisdom. People could come to the US and can be Americans which I think is unique.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I would say Im Pro-USA but I disagree with a lot of the stuff the government does. I think the US still has a LONG way to go as a country, and there are a lot of things that need improving.

[Edited on 28-12-2002 by Ocelot]

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

and there are a lot of things that need improving.

What kind of things ?

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Why forcfe someone into being pro or anti USA...

Some people are neutral.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Why forcfe someone into being pro or anti USA...

Some people are neutral.

Check the topic title. Happy ?

So, are you " pro", " anti" or "neutral" ?

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 09:27 PM
link   
the usa is a heck of a lot better than canada

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 09:44 PM
link   
We have also instigated wars as well, we are instigators who creat wars, not all
wars. We fund terrorist who is killing us today.

We are lazy, violent country and are falling fast.

I am pro (freedom).

peace.

[Edited on 29-12-2002 by Truth]

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 09:48 PM
link   
yes that is true but at least the pres believes in god

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Dont be so fooled about someone who says in public they believe in god.

remember this is the same man who said " islam is a religion of peace "

which god does he believe?

When martiaal law comes, will he truly stand up for god?

lets hope.

peace.

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I'm not sure that (whatever "USA" means, here), one could logically avoid between one of the three. Not entirely sure about the "even", though -why should "neutral" alone attract this?
The real problem, as we've said so many times, when such threads are resuscitated is to establish what one means by "USA".

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Pro America but anti-racism (an inherent American problem) which needs to be addressed. No other country in the world can feed its own and primarily (this is because) that those in charge listened to its people/masses.

A society, which responds as this one has to its masses, is something to pay attention to? As well there is the fact that this society with recources flourishes and is able to exceed any expectation

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Estragon, normally,it should be easy.

The idea is clear : You are pro, anti, or neutral.

I didn't write : " Do you like GWB, or not." Or : " Are you allways agree with the USA Gov". I speak about the USA, the nation and her values. Freedom, Justice, the peoples...etc. I wasn't speaking about the policy makers, the policies,etc.... Basicly, the USA are the land of the free. That was my meaning.

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Quite so, U-P: it is a difficult question, even to the point where it is hard to be precise about any of the terms involved.
America still baffles many of us. It was, I think, de Toqueville who observed that America was the greatest gift ever offered to Europeans (he may have said "the white man" -but let us not be distracted along liberal "racist" culs de sac) and what I think he meant was that there was a sense among Europeans that somehow, all the things we'd got wrong we could somehow get right in America.
An unreal wish, ultimately, perhaps; but I sometimes feel that we Europeans tend to nurse a certain resentment towards America for not being perfect, for being too much like us.
America is still at times mythical and the reality hurts the European consciousness in ways that would not matter were it any other country.
As such, America gets a rough deal: and by America I mean the whole parcel: leaders, administrations, peole, culture, values. We have had ample cause to thank kind Uncle Sam and cause to fear the Uncle when he becomes Big Brother.
We have had half a century of Good and Bad: Yanks and Reds -and suddenly the Reds have disappeared and we are a little lost as how to regard America now. We're not quite sure whom or what we're being protected from, and America's ostensible enemies are no longer clearly ours.
Such is the current power of America - and so important is the potentially catastrophic state of her economy -that it is hard to see how anyone other than a hermit in Bhutan can be "neutral".
I think we Europeans (and may I include ANZAC's and canadians) are fundamentally "pro" America and Americans at their best (because they're so like us -or how we wish we were -at our best) and "anti" all things American because they're so much like us at our worst.
It is not entirely our fault: the Americans promulgated a hollow dream long after Arthur Miller and the like exposed it. And it is not entirely the Americans' fault because we have expectations -rooted in history - that no nation could match.

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I believe the principles on which the USA was founded are superlative.

Unfortunately, the very freedoms we enjoy will destroy us. In a mere two generations, we have become a country of Jerry Springer guests.

We don't value intelligence, articulation, morality, or a thousand other ethics. Instead, we esteem selfishness, narcissism, greed - because they're easy. Somehow, the concept of "freedom" got twisted into "entitled".

We will fall, just as Rome fell.

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Ahh but the thing we have that Rome did not. Freemasonry
among many other groups too, that still breeds comradery and decency.

I feel the same way about Falling like Rome, but I should just constantly remind myself that the way America acts on TV is not reality. In reality it is still very decent and even honorable.

All that innercity plight and gangs, is probably only 5 million of 300 million people. So its not that much of a problem, TV just makes it seem that way.

Actually I have my Soc book somewhere the numbers on TV vs. reality is hillarious. Like in reality there are what 12% blacks of US population. But on TV they make up some 5% or something, or maybe it was 50% I can't remember, but that sort of stuff.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I guess I'll have to say I'm anti. I love my country and what it stands for, but I hate my
government. The ideals America were founded on no longer exist. It's all about the money
now. Every day our elected officials wake up and figure out new ways to make my
business government business. I am no longer free to speak my mind without fear of
persecution. I cannot own property in America. (We lease it from the government.)

I can not afford medical care because the medical establishment is intent on raping me.
The drugs I need to maintain health cost more here that in other countries. I am forced by
law to purchase auto insurance but the government does nothing to regulate the insurance
industry.

I lose more freedoms in the name of the "War on Drugs" each and every day. (Every time
I am forced to piss in a cup, I am presumed guilty and must provide the evidence of my
innocence.

I wonder why in the land of the free, our prisons are filled to overflowing with people who
did not rob, rape, or kill anyone. Hey, I can go on for days.

America has become a police state. Freedom has become a memory. A good friend of
mine once said, "We are just cogs in the machine." I think we have reached the point
where I can go one step further. We are nothing but grease for the gears.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join