It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins of the Bush Regime in Hitler's Third Reich

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
And you fall right into the category of people I urge to read up on world history!

Like I said, spit definitions at the problem all day doesn't change it for what it is.

KNOW the actual government, know the systems in place, know that there are more powerful people than Bush and finally, above all, know that this is a capitalistic Republic. Something that is far more lethal than a fascist state.

And no, I don't consider that 1 million innocent iraqi's killed part of the genocide, 1)They aren't living in the US 2)I highly doubt that's an accurate statistic.

I've seen that number thrown around hopelessly yet most people who use the number don't actually understand the conditions.

I'm done here, it's obvious that people here are merely sniping.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

That wasn't directed at you ape.

Most people think Bush=Hitler cause he's the only fascist they really know about.

My point was that whether or not Bush is fascist should not be based on Hitler alone. So just because he's not killing Americans and trying to establish an Aryan Race doesn't mean he's not fascist, as Shattered stated.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Any attempt to compare G.W. Bush with Hitler is an epic fail.

There has been no genocide. Americans are not sitting in concentration camps. Americans aren't pulled from their homes in drove in the dead of night to be interrogated and imprisoned. There is no push towards nationalism in this country by the government whatsoever. In fact, there's the opposite... a movement of supporting individuallity rather than uniformity in schools. I'd even go so far as to say government encouraged patriotism was far greater in the 80's when I remember every student was expected to stand and say the pledge of allegience every morning before class.

For example, take John Walker Lindh. Some of you are so in love with the idea that Bush is destroying the Constitution to build a fascist regime. If he wanted fascism, he could have had it while still working well within the guidelines of that same document. According to the US Constitution, Lindh should have been charged with treason and recieved the punishment of death. Did this happen? Nope, the federal government chose to charge him with lesser charges and he'll see the light of day in another decade or so. Would a fascist dictator show any mercy whatsoever to a piece of crap that took up arms against his motherland? I wouldn't... and neither would George Bush if the man was even a fraction as bad as you believe he is.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
I URGE all of you to honestly study history, study the cold war, study American history and world history.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by ShatteredSkies]

Who writes the history? The Victors. Slanted you think?

Do you tend to believe the "history" that fits your ideology?

History doesn't equal TRUTH. Except to those that worship and
kiss the garments of their authoritarian GODS.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i find it humorous to see all the people that hate bush for no apparent reason...wait, that reason was because they hear the news talking about it all the time...all about how bush is such an awful person and he is threatening democracy and all this media crap.....its sad when people cant even think for themselves anymore....im not afraid of Bush destroying America, i'm afraid of how the media has turned nearly everyone into their own sheep, prime for the slaughter...THAT is what is going to destroy our country

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by the_butler23

and I find it humorous that anyone would still use the MSN as a whipping boy

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

parroting back Rush is kinda lame here

Welcome to ATS

[edit on 30-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I watched Hitler spouting his propaganda on the Military Channel awhile back, and Bush says exactly the same things that Hilter did back then. When Bush is at a news conference or talking about "The State of the Union" he always says how important it is for other countries to enjoy the same "freedoms" we, in the USA have. I want to know where our "freedoms" are now after he's shredded and stomped on our Constitution?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by paisley101
I watched Hitler spouting his propaganda on the Military Channel awhile back, and Bush says exactly the same things that Hilter did back then. When Bush is at a news conference or talking about "The State of the Union" he always says how important it is for other countries to enjoy the same "freedoms" we, in the USA have. I want to know where our "freedoms" are now after he's shredded and stomped on our Constitution?

Great question! I do believe you are enjoying one of them right now. The freedom to complain about percieved stolen freedoms on a message board! We haven't lost any freedoms at all. I believe you (and to be fair many others) have confused conveniences with freedoms, and believe me, the two are not interchangeable. No one is being prosecuted for using their freedom of speech. The war against gun that the liberals started years ago has improved dramatically over the last 7 years. American citizens aren't being held without charges (I believe it's very important to remember that fact... the hostiles held at Guantanimo are foreign nationals not legally on US soil and, therefore, not protected under the American Constitution.) To be sure we've lost some conveniences thanks to the terrorists, like the convenience to quickly get from the curb to your plane, or the convenience of crossing the US border without a passport. But try as I have, I haven't found anything in the Bill of Rights that guarantees we can keep our shoes on when we pass through airport security. Wiretapping you say? Well, considering that the Supreme Court long ago stated that the expectation of privacy generally ends when you are outside of your residence or other repository containing your personal belongings, and the airwaves, phone lines, and internet are all basically open channels on which anyone with the proper tools can intercept data, you really have no right to an expectation of privacy over those channels. Bye-bye to that argument against Bush.

I have yet to see anyone who, aside from committing criminal acts, can claim that their lives have been worse from a Constitutional standpoint under George Bush.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The Bush = Hitler meme is so intellectually lazy and trite that anyone who even entertains the idea should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves.

It's like winning the Special Olympics if you're not retarded. It's so simple and ridiculously boring that it's completely meaningless.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You can shoot definitions at me all you want and take the literal context of what you want, but that will never change the fact that we are not in a fascist government, millions of people in the US are not being killed off in favor of a single "Aryan race", I don't think Bush has a heavy connection to the occult.

it seems you are very confused with the difference between Fascism, and the Nazi philosophy. A square IS a rectangle, a rectangle is not necessarily a square.

I'm sure you understand this, yet are being difficult because of the political undertones.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

What gives them the right to access the personal data? If it wasnt private data why is it encrypted? Just because you have the tools it doesnt mean you have the right to use them. Just because I have a gun it doesnt give me the right to kill people.

Main Entry: geno·cide
Pronunciation: \ˈje-nə-ˌsīd\
Function: noun
Date: 1944
: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group

www.webster.com

I don't think Bush has to kill his own people to commit genocide.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by BluByWho]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

This is... this is horrifying?! Who are the millions of people that Bush is slaughtering?

Try saying the same thing to innocent Afghan and Iraqi civillians and see what response you'll get.

That's not to mention the US troops that Bush is slaughtering by placing them in combat. Then again, they chose to become 'soldiers', so they can only blame themselves for choosing a career where you're likely to be killed on active duty.

Here's a tip to any wanna-be-soldiers; if you don't want to die doing your job, then don't sign-up. We need less of you, not more. Less war, not more.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BluByWho

By that definition every war ever fought in which lives were lost was genocide. Think realistically here for a moment. War is one viewpoint (political or cultural) against an opposing viewpoint (again, political or cultural). That means Abraham Lincoln was a fascist. Try getting that concept to hold water.

Oh, and nice redirect and distraction technique. You've gone from talking about all the rights you've lost to now questioning the government's rights when you were called out on exactly what rights and freedoms you no longer enjoy. Once again, I present you the ultimate connundrum: discussing how all our freedom to dissent is being stripped from us on a bastion of free speech, an internet message board and suffering no repercussions from it. Don't you think at the very least the first step a fascist government would take is burrying sites like this under an avalanche of traffic until denials of service reigned supreme?

[edit on 30-4-2008 by burdman30ott6]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Bush doesnt control this country..... MONEY controls this country.... and the world for that fact.

Link bush to hitler only does one thing, confuses people. Bush is a man who decided he wanted to be in a position that would yeild him abilities to control matters of the USA, Every step of his life was geared for becomming prez,

Now if you really think about it, Who pays for Bush's Wars, His Actions, not to mention congress an Laws..... The People witht he Money an Need to have levrage on someone.

This Isnt a Personality problem, Its a Money problem that lead to a personality problem. Not just in Bush but in almost every member of our congress. Hell I wouldnt be surprised if 80% of washington was governed by big Corps. They Pay the bills of the Law makers an Decision decideders, so they can have their interests met when a situation comes along.

MONEY remember MONEY is in many reguards is the root of all EVIL.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Did we not go to war with Iraq on the pretext of WMD, with the purpose of removing a dictator who was a "threat"? All while freeing the people and creating a form of government we see fit? Sounds like political genocide to me there budski, especially based on the fact that Iraq was never a threat to begin with.

I'm not trying to link bush=hitler, I disagree with that statement. I will contend that America is fast becoming a fascist nation.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BluByWho

Did we not go to war with Iraq on the pretext of WMD, with the purpose of removing a dictator who was a "threat"? All while freeing the people and creating a form of government we see fit? Sounds like political genocide to me there budski, especially based on the fact that Iraq was never a threat to begin with.

I'm not trying to link bush=hitler, I disagree with that statement. I will contend that America is fast becoming a fascist nation.

I don't believe budski has posted in this thread.

Anyway, I get that as being you're contention. My contention is that we're nowhere near a fascist regime. I also am harping on the fact that you made a widesweeping comment about YOU losing your freedoms as Bush shreds the Constitution, and I still have yet to see you name one freedom you personally have lost. C'mon, you made it sound like you were living in a Bush induced gulag of freedomless hell where the Constitution is used as toilet paper in front of your very eyes, yet you can't name one freedom you personally have lost? Hmmmm....

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

I don't believe budski has posted in this thread.

Anyway, I get that as being you're contention. My contention is that we're nowhere near a fascist regime. I also am harping on the fact that you made a widesweeping comment about YOU losing your freedoms as Bush shreds the Constitution, and I still have yet to see you name one freedom you personally have lost. C'mon, you made it sound like you were living in a Bush induced gulag of freedomless hell where the Constitution is used as toilet paper in front of your very eyes, yet you can't name one freedom you personally have lost? Hmmmm....

I'd like to know where I made it sound like I was living in a freedomless hell, I'm pretty sure I said we are fast becoming a fascist nation.

- Sub Machine gun toting police in NY Subways
- 13,500 Chicago cops being armed with M4 Carbines
- Border Authorities Have the right to search laptops and personal electronic devices for no reason.
- LAPD 320 cases of racial profiling, none had merit
- Officials monitor thousands of letter without warrants
- warrantless wiretapping
- Police set to search for guns at homes

That should be a good starting point

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
THE Comparison was being made between Hitler and Bush.

I insinuated this was ridiculous. Then people started attacking me saying that we live in a fascist state...

Ok, do we live on Hitler people, do we?

By the way whaaa, the victors do write history... unfortunately you weren't there to tell us what happened differently. I still can't believe you shot that argument to me "a little bit slanted" of course it's slanted, people are writing it! But what else do we have to go by? We use the knowledge available to us.

Alright, how about this... the comparison between President Bush and Hitler holds very little merit based upon the history we are aware of and all that we have witnessed.

As for the comment regarding the "innocent" Iraqi's and Africans killed, I was unaware Bush was killing these "innocent" individuals as their sitting in their homes when there isn't a war going on... oh wait a minute, there is a war going on and the definition "innocent"... well lets just say it depends who you're asking about it. It's war and collateral will happen. That is the sad and unfortunate fact.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

It's war and collateral will happen. That is the sad and unfortunate fact.

well it may be a huge difference for you, but "collateral damage" is just semantics to me. Fact is, we allow it, because they are seen as subhuman - neither american, nor christian, or rich. In other words, SOL.

Perhaps not genocide by design, but genocide all the same.

Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group.

If our main targets are extremist muslims, and we intend to kill them all.. that's genocide.

Same applies to "national group," seeing how we treat "terrorists" as a political party now.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

What exactly is collateral damage semantics for? What else would you call it?

Our soldiers are dieing out there too it's not just "civilians".

The same thing would happen in the states in the event of an invasion, what's changed?

Who said we needed to "kill" all extremist muslims? Seems like we're more willing to degrade their humanity before that happens.

Collateral damage DOES NOT translate into genocide. You'd be doing true murderous sociopaths a disfavor by labeling it as such.

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 30-4-2008 by ShatteredSkies]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join