It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at yourself.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
You know, when you are posting here on ATS, you could be making the world a better place and making a difference in the world. Did the government really make all of you so afraid of speaking out against it that you resort to posting here on ATS because you're afraid to do so in real life because all of these bills against speaking out against the government? People are allowed to petition and assemble and protest against the government. The first amendment guarentees us these rights. What I'm saying, is, that all of you could make a difference in the world. Posting on ATS is one way of making our voice heard, but, if we want to do more than just talk, we have to do something else outside of ATS so that we can make sure that we get credibility and so our voice gets heard so we can make a difference and change something that we feel is bad with the government.

We are the people. Only we can solve the corruption of the government. The government isn't going to change by themselves if we don't do anything. If we just sit here and do nothing but typing on our computers they will continue to do whatever they want. We have a right to speak out against the government's policies if we want to. Why don't we? Are we afraid of these secret societies that may try to silence us? These secret societies wouldn't do anything to stop us. They wouldn't dare try to expose them to us now.

I'm not an activist or a recruiter for any group against the government. I'm just asking (for those that do) why you spend your time talking about politics here on ATS and not in real life. We aren't going to get much done if all of us just remain tied to an internet site because no one would hear our opinions except those that go to this site.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Because when I eat my enchiladas outside flies get on them... But I agree with you completely that I could spend less time here.

*The idea you are supporting has happened in the bike industry, and music industry as well. Check out this video where Charles Leadbeater describes how a group of amateur bikers in California created mountain bikes and how garage musicians created rap music. Put's it in perspective that it will in fact HAVE TO BE US that makes the change. www.youtube.com...

[edit on 29-4-2008 by beaverg]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I agree. I am participating in an activist activity this weekend, in KY and OH. Hopefully, a lot of other people will show up at the rallies to support the cause, and hopefully the politicians will listen. I feel like at least I am out here DOING something about a cause I am passionate for!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
You know, when you are posting here on ATS, you could be making the world a better place and making a difference in the world. Did the government really make all of you so afraid of speaking out against it that you resort to posting here on ATS because you're afraid to do so in real life because all of these bills against speaking out against the government?

Absolutely not. Not only do I email information out to my poor, abused friends and family, I write to the congresscritters. But trying to get the picture across is difficult. What do you do when you show somebody how we pay taxes to the IMF and they don't even know what the IMF is?

Have no handle on the money of the Universe.

Without that, there is no picture they can see. They look at Monsanto, and say, Oh those rotten people!, but never say, Oh my GOG, this affects ME!

They learn of the Codex Alimentarius and claim it's just for liability purposes...

They refuse to process the idea that 900+ pages does not come, neat, tidy and agreed upon by the writers in three weeks, meaning the "Patriot" Act was begun in its creation LONG before 9/11. And they just can't buy the fact that men who are merely HOPING (with a bit of encouragement, but still hoping) someone would attack us, would NOT spend that much writing, editing, changing, revising, and so on such a document. Only ones who are IN CONTROL of the precipitous event would do so.

They don't see the empty prison camps...

I could go on.

People are allowed to petition and assemble and protest against the government. The first amendment guarentees us these rights.

In the world as it was meant to be, you're right. But...

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

We see the government messing around with religion. I have been at a relatively small pagan gathering which was broken up - we were doing nothing disruptive. Car rallies and other events of no threat have been invaded by police. Free speech is being trounced on, and when soldiers are experimented on without their knowledge and cannot seek redress as a citizen for their treatment in the military, you know that last is slipping.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

With an example of why we need to keep armed (the main one was as protection from tyranny), this one says, in no uncertain terms, we have the right to bear arms of whatever variety we want. This shall not be infringed. Gun licenses infringe. Limiting the variety infringes. All such laws are unconstitutional.

Amendment III

No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

So far, we're good on this one...

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Oh dear. With the institution of the War on Drugs, this one went out the window. Today, Federally and in many other locations, any property belonging to anyone accused of drug involvement may have their property seized ON THE SPOT. 80% of people who have lost property this way are never even charged with a crime! Less than 5% get their property back, and then only after long and expensive battles.

With the joint Fed/State/Local police "sweeping" neighborhoods and tearing up shops, "looking for crime," this is most surely dead. (See www.abovetopsecret.com... )

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

...deprived of ... property, without due process of law (again, War on Drugs). Many of the agencies currently involved with this are complaining about moves to end the practice because they use the sale of property to fund a large portion of what they do. They seize the property and sell it. Do they offer just compensation? No.

(more next post)

[edit on 4/30/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

ALL criminal prosecutions. In other words... The "enemy combatant" clause in the "Patriot" Act is unconstitutional. But which is being used...? You got it. Bush has taken citizens and held them for years, denying them a speedy trial, an impartial jury, to be informed of the charges, to confront anybody, no process whatsoever to gain witnesses for the defense.

So this one is dead.

Amendment VII

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Well, you may note the phrase "common law." Common law asserts that anything not prohibited is permissible. But we are moving towards a Napoleonic law, which says that that which is not permissible is prohibited.

I will say that so far, we more or less still have this...

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Is 10 years in prison cruel and unusual punishment when it is bestowed upon somebody who had an ounce of pot? It's happened. The fact that pot is arguably the most benign and beneficial drug we have suggests to me that this is WAY out of line.

This one's dead.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Ah, but like I said, we are regulating ourselves to the point that we have few other rights, and even have lost most of the enumerated ones.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

And this one.... Hahaha! Yeah. Right. Med MJ bills have passed in a number of states, and the Feds, with nothing more than an authority to regulate interstate commerce, bust Med MJ grows, fully legal ones, with no evidence that the stuff will make it across county lines, let alone state lines.

They have usurped power they don't constitutionally have.

So that's what...? Two that are hanging in there...sort of...

We have a right to speak out against the government's policies if we want to. Why don't we? Are we afraid of these secret societies that may try to silence us? These secret societies wouldn't do anything to stop us. They wouldn't dare try to expose them to us now.

I'm sorry, but I think you're a bit naive. These secret societies WILL kill us if our message gets taken to heart by enough people. I lost my fear and stand up. They absolutely WOULD dare, and have many times dared.

I'm just asking (for those that do) why you spend your time talking about politics here on ATS and not in real life.

Because there are many people, in real life, that read what I write. And since the pen is mightier than the sword, I weild it for all it's worth. ATS, as an information base, IS real life if it is passing on information.

We aren't going to get much done if all of us just remain tied to an internet site because no one would hear our opinions except those that go to this site.

I'm led to believe that a tremendous traffic number is seen at this site. For that reason, I have to believe that the information is flowing. I have even been contacted via my site (which is linked here and there) from people who have read my writing here but are not ATS members.

[edit on 5/1/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I can see why your posting this, but there is an explaination for all for this. I am very sure that a majority of us on ATS acually try to do somthing, but nothing really happens. It is called cover up.

I am very glad that I saw this when I logged on tonight. I was going to start a thread, but this seems appropriate. On the topic of what we are really doing in real life.

I wanted to share this experiance I had this morning with a couple of buddies, that I'm not quite sure if we are still good friends. It was all about this incident about guns. The experiance goes something like this:

So I walk into my first lecture of the day, bright and early. I walk over and set down my book bag, and a few of my friends come over like usal and we start to talk.... I don't know how we got on the topic of gun control, but we did. We started talking, "Oh, gun control is great! Half of those idiots in Washington are doing something right"
I cut it, "Are you serious man! Gun Control! It is a violation of our second ammendment, and also an attempt by the goverment to have more control over our lives, (I vaugly said something about it *could* be a NWO?)"
They are like, "Who needs the second ammendment, I mean people could just carry around loaded desert eagles and shoot people"
I'm like, "Good point, but what about people who have a feeling for the need for personal safety, hunting, at home.."
I get cut off in mid-section,"Stop the conspiracy crap anyways man, good thing your not involved (I have not told them about ATS), cut the bull **** on it"

I sit there stunned, never really got a reaction like that. Then the conversation went along like I was stupid/retarded and I felt really awkawrd. I thought these guys were good friends and was a door slam in the face.

Anyone else have a similar experiance?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
We have a right to speak out against the government's policies if we want to. Why don't we?

I have tried, but it does not seem like people want to listen. Maybe I am going about it the wrong way, but they still want to believe that the government has their best interests at heart.

Originally posted by wilmiester

I have not had an experience quite as bad as that, but I was talking to one person about 9/11. I told her about the many conspiracy theories sourroundng that day, so she said to me, "Oh you don't know what you are talking about. Our government had nothing to do with it."

Now, I don't know if they did or not, but some people just refuse to open their eyes to other possibilities.

What's a person to do?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wilmiester

My bet... They have a good idea you're right based on something they know and are vested in the Lie. That kind of heavy-handedness is not the reaction of someone who "just thinks it's silly!" That is how people, whether it's people who are involved or people who are desperate to hold the shredding fabric of their reality, behave.

I have had laughter, exasperation, worry about me, "yeah, right!" and so on. But none so brutal.

Originally posted by mustangshelby
I have not had an experience quite as bad as that, but I was talking to one person about 9/11. I told her about the many conspiracy theories sourroundng that day, so she said to me, "Oh you don't know what you are talking about. Our government had nothing to do with it."

Now, I don't know if they did or not, but some people just refuse to open their eyes to other possibilities.

What's a person to do?

Well, I know they did it. And I'll give you one key piece of evidence - and there are plenty more:

When 9/11 happened, I thought it was an inside job, but, hope springing eternal as it does, I said to myself, If it's an inside job, there will be a document that slays the Constitution/Bill of Rights. One that gives Fuhrer power to the Pres...

And then I hoped I would never see it.

Three weeks after 9/11 came a piece of legislation, 900+ pages slapped on the congresscritters' desks, with admonishments to sign it NOW because if you don't the TERRORISTS will GET us!

900+ pages. Three weeks after the attack.

Now, I know many who say that we just "didn't stop it." But I want to point out that 900+ pages, neat, tidy and with all contributors agreeing on the final package DOES NOT HAPPEN anywhere, any time, in 3 weeks from scratch.

Not only that, but 900+ pages, on things discussing what the laws of a nation should be, and ESPECIALLY things that radically change what exists, does not happen in less than 2 years - five or more might be expected from people concerned about the freedoms of the citizens.. (Well, maybe this was written in a shorter time, because the contributors were few and had the same agenda.)

But my point is, 900+ pages of this nature are not written if one is HOPING to provoke an attack. This is what you see produced by men in control of the precipitating event.

Seriously. It would not look the way it does if it was not an inside job.

top topics

join