It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's It!!! This Anti-Obama Propaganda Has Got To Stop

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Thanks for creating this thread, I feel that it highlights a very serious issue facing the USA. That issue is the CONTROL the media is able to exert over the nation. In that list you provided I suppose it is possible for someone to have what they believe is a legitimate concern under normal conditions; however, in todays USA these issues are huge because the MEDIA makes them huge.

I find it especially interesting that here on ATS there still seems to be many who fall into this trap so willingly.

Well said.

It truly makes me wonder how much of this stuff would be a big deal to people if the media hadn't jumped all over it and ran it into the ground. I mean how many different news shows do we need covering nothing but Rev. Wright?

Would people have even noticed some of this stuff if it wasn't pointed out to them? A good example of this is if you listen to the entire speech given by Wright in which he said G-d da-- America. Only when the media plays that one little section of it does it really stand out.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Well actually the pastor's words were taken out of context. If you actually heard his whole sermon then you would understand.

It doesn't matter what his pastor said about America that concerns me...it is his pastor's black panther like attitude and his black liberalism attitude that is just as racist as ANY neo-nazi and KKK man.

And Barrack is very good friends with him...

It is a little worrying being white if you look at it.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
While I agree that most of the anti Obama arguments are just plain silly, one has to bear in mind that this is a race for the Presidency. As such his relationships with people like his pastor will be examined very closely.

His pastor who married him and baptized his children and who Obama has said is his spiritual adviser has some very bad things to say about the US.

Now, Obama has come out strongly against some of the awful comments Mr. Wright is saying...Like Aids could have been produced by the US as a weapon of genocide.

But since there are a great number of conspiracy theorists here on this site, perhaps the Reverend should start posting on ATS.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Bigbert,

I see a lot of posturing and posing on your behalf about attacks on Barack Obama, but I have yet to see you post one shred of evidence to show how any of the criticisms made were false or unfair. If you truly support Obama, stop being intellectually lazy and start citing some sources. Responding to post with simple rhetoric just shows how weak your position truly is. Reverend Wright tries to use the same tactic whenever he's asked a hard question. Bulldozing someone with unfounded opinions is not a legitimate reply.

Also, how you fail to see a person's character as a legitimate topic amazes me. Should we just dismiss all Obamas past ties and associations out of hand? Is it not valid to question Barack's message of "Change" and "Unity", when the majority of his supporters are anti-American and racists? Refer to my previous posting of his closet friends and associates if you doubt the truthfulness of what I'm saying.

The bottom line is Barack Obama is a very shrewd politician, and chose all his past associations for one reason, they were able to advance his political ambitions. They had access to large segments of the black voting base which he needed. They were carefully picked stepping stones in his bid for the US Presidency. Like most politicians, he will say or do whatever is necessary to further his goals. The end justifies the means.

I'm sorry, but anyone who chooses to run for the Most Important job in the World deserves a lot of scrutiny.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Care to show us where he's a racist black-panther-esque "black liberalist"?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Obama is the most twisted, divisive politician I've ever seen in my life. How anyone could stand behind this "man" is really beyond me.

I lost an election because I wasn't black enough so I'll join a radical black church. Now it's backfiring on me years later because my closest confidant and adviser is a bigoted nutjob (who I supported for 20 years) so I'm going to turn on him as if what he preaches is all news to me now.

And don't tell me that Wrights sermons haven't been loaded with this stuff for the last 20 years because they have.

The guy is blatantly lying point blank! He is also throwing his closest friend under the bus. No matter my friends views, if I supported them for 20 years I would never turn on them just to further my agenda. Obama will do anything to get what he wants, even sticking a knife in his Pastors back.

Nothing else needs said! You can either blindly support this charlatan or open your eyes. Facts are facts.....

By the way, Obama, who claims to be a Christian has no problem with live berth abortions let alone abortions in general.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'll be amused if he is the antichrist. I will be amused if he is not.

One thing is for sure, he is one interesting person who somehow gains attention and loved practically by all. Especially if you asked the followers as to why the support him - "He's a good man and really wants to help out everyone and society."

Just by a couple of speeches, hm? I wonder what's up his sleeve, if anything.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

The bottom line is Barack Obama is a very shrewd politician, and chose all his past associations for one reason, they were able to advance his political ambitions. They had access to large segments of the black voting base which he needed. They were carefully picked stepping stones in his bid for the US Presidency. Like most politicians, he will say or do whatever is necessary to further his goals. The end justifies the means.

I Have to agree, one has to wonder then, this being a conspiracy forum, how deep this really goes.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by _Del_

True; however, his votes for 'present' are actually a noted and popular strategy used in the Illinois senate to basically say 'I'd vote for it if it was revised a little'.

Obama did explain that when he voted for 'present', it was because he thought the bills unconstitutional. Shouldn't that be a good thing then?
I Think You Had Better Go Back And Dwell Alittle Deeper into his voteing record my friend . This Clown Is No Better than the rest of the idiots running , With the exception Of Dr.Ron Paul ! He Is A Phoney And People see right through him ! That is The People that dont have Blinders On ! He Could Care Less About The Constitution Or The Bill Of Rights ! Vote Ron Paul 08.......

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
why not pick Obama apart?

I wish more of his supporters would,

I really don't understand this Obama phenomenon, I realize people are desperate for change, but sheeese, lets not jump from the frying pan into the fire.

Barack Obama caught in crooked money laundering scheme
'Smoking gun' prompts Andy Martin to say Obama should withdraw as presidential candidate
www.pr-inside.com...

[edit on 013030p://bWednesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

"That hate hadn't gone away"...."white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives." Barack Hussein Obama from Dreams Of My Father

There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out, many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs. . . It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names" Barack Hussein Obama from Dreams of My Father

"I found solice in nursing a pervasive sense of grievancee and animosity against my mother's race" Barack Hussein Obama from Dreams of My Father

Or Maybe he believes everything Wright preaches.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
(I didn't read the whole thread, I'm sorry if someone has said this already)...

On the subject of Obama and Rev. Wright:
You cannot judge a person by their frequentations. Judas, for example had Irreproachable friends.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MostlyHarmless
(I didn't read the whole thread, I'm sorry if someone has said this already)...

On the subject of Obama and Rev. Wright:
You cannot judge a person by their frequentations. Judas, for example had Irreproachable friends.

Sure you can, it also depends on how many despicable friends one surrounds onesself with.

Lie down with dogs you get up with fleas

[edit on 023030p://bWednesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Obama knows he is being judged by the company he keeps, ok why is he dumping on his most ardent supporter, his pastor?

What does this say about Obama's character and sense of loyalty ?

Democratic White House hopeful Barack Obama is giving $2,300 in presidential campaign contributions to charity -- money he got from Aiham Alsammarae, a dual U.S.-Iraqi citizen who posted more than $2.7 million in property to help spring Tony Rezko from jail.

www.suntimes.com...

Obama does not ever recall meeting Alsammarae, LaBolt said.

He doesn't recall, lol

LOL just like he doesn't remember,

Presidential candiate and his wife do not remember attending the party

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama was again drawn into Tony Rezko's corruption trial on Monday, when the prosecution's star witness placed Obama at a party for an Iraqi-born billionaire who was later barred entry to the United States.
Obama spokesman Ben LaBolt said Monday that the senator "does not recall meeting Nadhmi Auchi at any time or on any occasion," and that Obama and his wife do not remember attending the party.Rezko, 52, was a major fundraiser for Obama CHICAGO - The government's star witness at the fraud trial of Antoin "Tony" Rezko testified Monday that Sen. Barack Obama and his wife attended a party four years ago at the home of the indicted political fundraiser.

Stuart Levine said the party took place in April 2004 and was held to honor Iraqi-born Nadhmi Auchi, a London-based billionaire who was visiting the United States at the time.

He is in so deep.

www.suntimes.com...

WHY?

Auchi -- who lives in London -- had been convicted of fraud in France in 2003. After visiting Chicago and Detroit in 2004, he wasn't allowed back into this country in 2005, according to a prosecution filing in the Rezko case. Gov. Blagojevich hosted a separate dinner party for Auchi two days earlier, at the Four Seasons hotel in downtown Chicago, the Sun-Times has reported.

Our politicians host parties for corrupt business men who have been banned from our country?

What Is GOING ON?

Rezko trial: Obama's name kept hush

This morning at the Tony Rezko trial, before jurors entered the courtroom, lawyers discuss the expected testimony of Elie Maloof. Though Maloof is accused of making a straw donation to Barack Obama's campaign, lawyers and the judge this morning tiptoed around Obama's name, never mentioning it.

It appears when Maloof takes the stand in Rezko's trial, Obama will be kept out of the picture. Maloof is testifying with a grant of immunity from prosecution.

Why is that?

Maloof is a Rezko associate who allegedly made a straw donation to Obama's Senatorial campaign at Rezko's behest. That allegation was outlined in the government's proffer of evidence before the trial. Obama wasn't named in the proffer, he was just referred to as a political candidate. But the Chicago Sun-Times, citing a source, reported Obama was that candidate. Obama was not accused of wrongdoing and subsequently donated Maloof's money (and other Rezko-related cash) to charity.

Who is really running this country?

[edit on 033030p://bWednesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That is a lot to address, so I guess this is a good method.

Barack Obama has good oratory skills, just like Hitler.

Obama is a charismatic speaker and so was Hitler. It does not mean anything else though, so I'm not sure why you included it?

Barack Obama has been uniting people, is he the antichrist?

Total nonsense.

Barack Obama's middle name is Hussein...Like Saddam's last name.

Nothing there.

Barack Obama is muslim.

Ridiculous lie.

Barack Obama's former preacher is saying things I disagree with.

I have seen tapes of this stuff in context. Wright is what they are saying he is and I'm troubled Obama associated with him for 20 years. I'm also troubled by the double speak dance Obama is doing around that issue. It is a valid concern considering what he is running for.

Barack Obama's supporters are glossy-eyed and zombie-like.

All celebrities, including politicians, have groupies. Does not mean anything though.

Barack Obama's supporters are like a cult.

Maybe? Has no bearing on him though. I've never seen any mention of it.

Barack Obama preaches 'Change', yet people can't name anything he'd be changing.

That is a fact. The only things he has said are pretty much identical to what Clinton has said. I know he is going to raise taxes on things that will hurt or maybe destroy some small businesses and capital gains taxes will hurt anyone with retirement investments. That is a really dumb move considering the state of the economy. This is the number one thing that has me not wanting to vote for him.

People are voting for Barack Obama because he's black.

That is probably a fact in some cases. It is not a negative comment about Obama, so why is that on this list?

Barack Obama's wife said 'For once in my adult life, I'm proud of my country'.

I watched a tape of that speech. Very troubling. Black Pantherish in fact.

Barack Obama hasn't been wearing a lapel pin.

Refusing to wear the American Flag when you are running for President is at the very least stupid.

Barack Obama is too inexperienced.

Might be true. His voting history would indicate that as well.

Barack Obama grew up overseas.

Yes, he did spend part of his childhood elsewhere, but I don't see that as an issue.

Barack Obama doesn't put his hand over his heart.

A candidate for President who does this is troubling also. Dumb move at the very least.

Barack Obama said 'Cling to guns and religion'.

That was a genuine insult and the fact he did a dance around it won't help him get my vote or anyone else's. I've watched that over and over and he meant it. He clearly considers himself a member of an elite class superior to the masses. Sets off my alarm bells. You are aware that he was speaking to a White Collar, high income crowd?

I'm still on the fence about Obama. I don't see how denying the truthful statements about him helps anyone. No candidate will ever be in 100% agreement with everyones views. I'm not even sure of the point of this thread beyond acting as an agent of the Democratic Party.

I don't subscribe to any Party and I like to consider every candidate on their own merit. If that is dumb, I'd rather be dumb than follow a Party Line blindly.

My question to you is; why are you voting for him? Which stances on which issues make you back him?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I'm still on the fence about Obama. I don't see how denying the truthful statements about him helps anyone

Sounds like you are leaning over and landing on the right side of the fence. The side that says Obama is a hyprocritical, lieing, Muslim Communist trying to get into the highest office of the free world.

Blaine, your contesting of the repeated facts in this thread about Obama's bad character are nothing but wishing that away. How can you look at these detailed posts with substance that clearly show Obama is not the good man his supporters say he is, and not think differently?

Do you just push all that aside because you like the way he talks or what he says? They say actions speak louder than words and yet you only judge his character by what he says and not what he does or has done?

Do you support Communism and Islam?

[edit on 30-4-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Care to show us where he's a racist black-panther-esque "black liberalist"?

I don't know if he is part of the black panthers who black liberalist, I said he acts like one. And he sure talks like a racist and has a lot of pent up anger against white people. And I will not vote for someone who is really good friends with a white racist (since I am white) and who has admitted that he had problems coping with white people because he was mixed.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Could it be possible that Obama brings some of this on himself?

Obama Lies

Obama Lies Again

Just some interesting video....

Semper

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well I starred this thread, and think it has been a pretty good discussion, even if it is going against the original poster.

As a liberal, I can say I am extremely frustrated by Obama and what he has done in this election cycle. Originally I supported Obama. I always felt his policies were a bit too liberal for me, but I like his ideas, and still like his idea to make banks start following a fair set of rules in exchange for the government charter that allows them to exist. Since learning more about the man, I have completely changed my mind about him. The only real accomplishment that Obama might achieve, will to keep Hillary from winning. Obama does not have a chance in the general election.

The reality is that the press has given Obama a free ride throughout the primary, and my money says that as soon as Obama wins the nomination, big media will turn on Obama like a rabid dog, and you are just now getting a taste of what the negative publicity will be like. This Wright matter is a light summer storm compared to the downpour of negative news that will hit Obama should he get the nom.

I think you should judge a politician on their competency, ideology, and how well you think you can trust them. Honest politicians are extremely rare, and getting harder and harder to find with the ways that media warps every thing possible. I would say all three candidates are competent, that is not a problem. As far as ideology, McCain is too conservative for me, although he is the most moderate repub to get the nom with a chance to win since Ike. Hillary fall rights in the middle, and that is what I like best about her, and Obama is too liberal.

Then it comes down to trust. After having done my homework, I would trust McCain or Hillary, but never Obama. I doubt if even Obama knows who he really is. I have to wonder, how did Obama go to Harvard Law school? Wouldn't this take a lot of money? It is not like Obama is some top notch scholar who went there on scholarship, like Clinton attended Oxford. There is enough dirt on Obama to bury the whole democratic party.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Good points Poet and seems to come down to the same conclusion for those having done their research. Obama is dishonest in many if not serious ways and not fit to run the country.

His White Grandma has buku money and helped pave the way to Harvard financially. She pays for it and he still call her that "Typical White person". How shrewd.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join