It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's It!!! This Anti-Obama Propaganda Has Got To Stop

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe Rev. Wright has an agenda of his own and it might not necessarily sync up with Obama's?

I look at it this way..

1. If Obama wins, alot of what Wright is espousing looks like it was false or at least overstated.

2. If Obama loses, Wright gets to say, see I told you America is a racist country and the black man does not stand a chance in major politics.

just thinking out loud...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

There you go, the American way of thinking /sarcasm

GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION!!! Thank you for proving my point more so as to what it originally was. Look at what his former pastor says and not the real issues.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Really, why don't you tell me why he's the worst.

Why the BS I listed takes precedence in your mind as opposed to REAL issues.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

I came up with something similar concerning Wright and Sharpton after the Obama is "grandstanding for the white people" talk came out. It's in a seperate thread, but it's the same line of thought. Cui Bono? These guys make their substantial wealth in a struggle against "the Man" It's hard to make that arguement when the position personifying the Man is held by Obama. They lose the ability to play the "glass ceiling" card as well. If he loses the election or nomination they get to say "the country isn't ready for a black president" or something similar...

[edit on 29-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

No, thank you for demonstrating just how uneducated some of these people seem to be *cough cough*.

You do realize half of that stuff is false, don't you?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
[edit on 4/29/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Please.

You're going to need more than a reporter's views to have a leg to stand on here. Please give me the examples the reporter is referring to.

And as far as serving, I assume your for McCain. I guess the Generals who work for the president just disappear into thin air, huh? You support a man who supports a perpetual war and torture.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by _Del_

Really, why don't you tell me why he's the worst.

Why the BS I listed takes precedence in your mind as opposed to REAL issues.

Because he is only an empty suit at this point. He doesn't address the REAL issues. And what little I do see of substance is anathema to my personal political bent. When you add that to very shady personal advisors and connections, it doesn't leave me thinking he's a candidate I would vote for. I recognize that other people have other political views. I don't mind. You may like him and vote for him at your pleasure if you think he reflects your values and political bent. I'm just telling you there are VALID concerns about Obama raised by pretty much every end of the political spectrum. Saying they are all BS will not make them go away. In fact, when/if he wins the nomination, the storm will really begin.
I would happily vote for Alan Keyes or even Collin Powell as candidates. It's a shame that Barrack is so shady, because he is extremely charismatic and the country NEEDS that. But we don't need the far left congressman from Illinois whose only act is to simply parrot the word "change" over and again. I'm sorry, but it's true.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

the pastor stood in his pulpit appearantly and asked God to damn america...
to me, that kind of means he hates america enough to allow himself to be damned, as long as the rest of us are along with him......since, he, as well as everyone else in this country....IS AMERICA!!
and, obama just let that one slide, even when the video came out, he was defending him, it wasn't till the pastor kept on talking and saying more damaging stuff that obama decided to distance himself from him....he is just being a politician afterall....they'll be buddies again as soon as the election is over I am sure...

because, well....if obama heard that god damn america sermon and kept on going back to the church, without realizing that hey, this guy is damning everyone in this country! well....he must hate america just as much, or he'd be walking out of the place... he didn't walk, not until the videos came out.....and the voters seen them. after all, God can damn this country much faster with someone with this attitude as president, can't he?

it's like the video that just came out about Fort Brigg....disgusting conditions....all of a sudden, ya the army brass is appalled!!! ya, they're appalled....appalled that the video came out and they've been caught in their negligence again! it's the government, it's politics, don't worry about the truth, just worry about getting enough voters on the right side!!

the dems are between a rock and a hard place now....
I got a feeling we will be having another republican carrying on Bush's agenda for another 4 or 8 years.....unless of course....the crazy pastor gets his way and we find ourselves in our own self created hell before that.

let's try something new....let's elect someone who has experience in going week by week trying to stretch $30 into enough grocery money to feed a family of 5! maybe then, less of us will have to.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Unfortuantely it's all true Bert.

Obama goes to a church for 15-20 years that is anti-American and stirs up racism towards the 'White enemy'.

He doesn't wear the American flag, because it doesn't like America.

He turns everything around and is never to blame. It is your fault America.

He lived his younger year in Indonesia going to a Muslim school. His anti-American views fall in-line with those Muslims that do not like America.

Much of his campaign is being funded by the Trinity Church, a front for Islam.

He has next to no experience as a Senator and should not be President.

He does not put his hand on his heart to respect the American Flag and what it stands for during the National Anthem. He should not be President of America.

He talks nothing about National Security (at all).

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

thought you might like my post...

you wanted to see more examples of things being said about Mr. Obama and i gave you some...it's your job according to your O.P. to debunk them ?...

Ok, this is all I can think of at the moment, so if you think of any I missed, please feel free to mention it. So, what's my point? Look at the above arguments. They're ridiculous, each and every one of them.

show me how ridiculous the statements in my post are ?...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The simple fact that you wrote this post seems to exemplify the blind "cult-like"following this man currently has.

Obama was raised a Muslim. Right or wrong this is an EXTREMELY sore topic with many Americans.

Obama has done little of substance both in Illinois and the Senate of which he has not even completed his first term. Those of you who hate Bush can't have it both ways. Lack of experience can't count for Bush and not count for Obama.

The man has close relations with three virilantly Anti-American people, Wright, Ames and Michele his wife. If you want to say that Bush is surrounded with NWO, pro-Israeli, war mongers so that shows who he is then say Obama hangs with these people but they don't show who he is then you are simply Kool-Aid drinkers and not the thinkers that this site wants to have.

Stop getting angry at those who disagree with your man.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well, I was trying to stay out of any political discussions while'st I am in here, but this one keeps popping on the top of the list and I keep reading and my fire gets bigger and bigger and bigger.

While I'll agree that some of the things being said about Obama may have some Merit, I think everything else is utter hogwash.

First of all, what an ignorant statement to say that Obama is a terrorist because his middle name is Hussien. Trust me, I have received the same SPAM email about this time after time after TIME... the funniest thing of it all is the my mother in law sends it to me and her niece's last name is Hussein... my cousin in law has got to be one of the nicest and most compassionate person that I have ever met. And let's just say some of you are the 9/11 conspirators that claim there were no terrorists, the govt did it... so, saying that the possibility that Barry Obama is muslim and a potential terrorist doesn't make a lickin of sense.

I also saw somewhere that because Barry Obama didn't serve in the military, um, did Hilary Clinton? I have mad respect for Mr. McCain because he was a POW other than that.. I know not much else other than he is the typical republican jolly old teddy bear that gets into the white house because of all those afraid of change....

Alas, this is why we, in the good ol U.S.of.A. have the right to vote and the freedom to voice our opinions... I just wish it wouldn't be in such a cruel manor. Which I guess is the name of the game but all the negative surrounding Obama just makes him all the more intriging to me. I guess the biggest thing is the fact that he is automatically ruled out based on his name... that would be like saying that I should be the head of the PTA because my name is spelled with a C and not a K... doesn't make any sense, especially in a land of the FREE.. freedom of religion, speech.. whatever else... I also, hate when people say that this is one nation under 'god' not one nation under 'allah' (sp?)... allah (sp?) means God...

Anyways, enough of my ramblings.. carry on.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

As I've already stated, even though I don't like to concede to the whole 'Change' slogan, he truly does stand for FAR more change than his competitors.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Alxandro

And this is another thing, I'm going to snap the next time I hear the phrase 'Obama goggles'. This is another bull argument people have been using that fits along the same bull lines as cultist or glossy-eyed.

And I know some of the things are true and some are not. The point is that these pale in comparison to the stuff people SHOULD be looking at.

Gee, I certainly hope you don't plan on rioting if he doesn't get the nomination.
I don't know about all y'all but I am presparing myself for this very situation, I really think it's possible we might see rioting on a National scale.

These issues may "pale in comparison" but they still must be addressed and can't be swept under the rug.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
bigbert, I commend you on doing what I just couldn't be bothered and starting this thread to point out the silliness of it all

If you ask me, people who spew the kind of rhetoric I've seen on this board, who are proudly showing off how they have been brainwashed by the media and just repeating what they have heard, deserve someone like McCain.

They will probably get him now too, looks like the MSM has done it's job, again ... and very well

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

No, thank you for demonstrating just how uneducated some of these people seem to be *cough cough*.

You do realize half of that stuff is false, don't you?

So half lies and half truths is "CHANGE" ???

Obama needs to toughen up his skin if he wishes to be President.

There are many legitimate issues surround Obama. Just wait till the fall if you think the heat in the kitchen is hot now.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

When do these questions and issues become more important than a candidate who has a VERY strong record of lying for the past 35+ years, wants to force everybody to pay for health care under risks of penalties, flip-flops on issues to gain more votes, therefore proving to be even more phony, and has demonstrated that she'll not only lie and CHEAT, but mislead the public?

Well this is the government we have had for many years... why change now?

Do you really think America is ready to seat a black muslim or a woman in the presidency? Nice dream... but I doubt it will happen

:shk:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

And unfortunately, you haven't done your research.

Obama goes to a church for 15-20 years that is anti-American and stirs up racism towards the 'White enemy'.

I can see why you would think this, so I'm not going to bother, even though you're judging it off of a few minutes of sermons you've heard and a website creedance.

He doesn't wear the American flag, because it doesn't like America.

Do you know what ASSUMING does? Makes an @$$ yada yada.

He turns everything around and is never to blame. It is your fault America.

Really? Please provide some examples.

He lived his younger year in Indonesia going to a Muslim school. His anti-American views fall in-line with those Muslims that do not like America.

Wow. We're going to judge a man based off of your predjudical views and where he went to school when he was 6. Good thinking.

Much of his campaign is being funded by the Trinity Church, a front for Islam.

Where did you get THIS information from? Funny that he's gotten most of his money from small donations, avg. of $96 each.

He has next to no experience as a Senator and should not be President.

Yeah, I guess those past 12 years equate to 'no experience'. Not to mention the massive amount of more legislative experience than Hillary.

He does not put his hand on his heart to respect the American Flag and what it stands for during the National Anthem. He should not be President of America.

Yes, this is what we should base a man's qualifications on, hands down.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join