It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's It!!! This Anti-Obama Propaganda Has Got To Stop

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Oh God, I'm so worn out of all this anti-Obama BS that's going on currently.

Let's take a look at some of the arguments made by people who oppose Barack Obama, but don't happen to weigh-in THEIR presidential candidates:

Barack Obama has good oratory skills, just like Hitler.

Barack Obama has been uniting people, is he the antichrist?

Barack Obama's middle name is Hussein...Like Saddam's last name.

Barack Obama is muslim.

Barack Obama's former preacher is saying things I disagree with.

Barack Obama's supporters are glossy-eyed and zombie-like.

Barack Obama's supporters are like a cult.

Barack Obama preaches 'Change', yet people can't name anything he'd be changing.

People are voting for Barack Obama because he's black.

Barack Obama's wife said 'For once in my adult life, I'm proud of my country'.

Barack Obama hasn't been wearing a lapel pin.

Barack Obama is too inexperienced.

Barack Obama grew up overseas.

Barack Obama doesn't put his hand over his heart.

Barack Obama said 'Cling to guns and religion'.

Ok, this is all I can think of at the moment, so if you think of any I missed, please feel free to mention it. So, what's my point? Look at the above arguments. They're ridiculous, each and every one of them.

When do these questions and issues become more important than a candidate who has a VERY strong record of lying for the past 35+ years, wants to force everybody to pay for health care under risks of penalties, flip-flops on issues to gain more votes, therefore proving to be even more phony, and has demonstrated that she'll not only lie and CHEAT, but mislead the public?

Or when do these issues gain more precedence than a candidate who's voting record is the most similar to Bush's policies as any other senator? Someone who also flip-flops constantly and lies, and is supporting a 100 year war? Someone who votes AGAINST medical treatment for children or medical assistance to Katrina victims. Someone who would continue, almost exactly the same 8 years we've already had to deal with.

When do the above anti-Obama arguments become more important than the other things I've mentioned? This is getting ridiculous. Do people not care about the issues or honesty of the candidates, and now just whether someone has good oratory skills or wears a lapel pin?

WAKE UP PEOPLE AND THINK ABOUT WHY YOU THINK WHAT YOU THINK!!!

[edit on 4/29/2008 by bigbert81]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/10/2008 by Gools]

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
But most of the things you listed happen to be true so why is this anti-Obama?

Some of these issues he must address because the his relationship with Wright is certainly hurting him.

I don't think you are thinking objectively because you seem to be wearing Obama goggles if you expect people to ignore everything.
Obama needs to be toughened up if he wants to be Prez.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
In my opinion, I believe some of your bolded ARE causes for concern.

It concerns me that Barack has up to now been supportive of the pastor, but now is attacking him and greatly disconnecting from the man. Why now? The pastor seems pretty controversial, it SHOULD be pause for thought.

And his lack of experience when compared to both Clinton and McCain makes a good reason to look into his ability to lead our country very closely.

I have a lot of concerns about Obama. Who is anyone else to say mjy concerns are merely propaganda? No they are not!

[edit on 29-4-2008 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If Obama wasn't a relative unknown, perhaps this wouldn't be an issue. But he hasn't done anything to really define himself other than saying he's going to "change" things. Well, that's super, but he's yet to publicly define his position on several important issues. One can't question his voting record on controversial issues because he chose not to vote on them. He essentially abstained from voting on MANY major issues. And because his character is relatively unknown people use the actions/words of his closest associates like his "spiritual mentor" of twenty years and wife to help define his character. Unfortunately, none of this looks good for the candidate.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
if you think obama's being hit hard now, wait till the republican swiftboaters start...unless of course, his pastor is part of the swiftboat agenda!

if he wins the primary, I have my doubts he can hold out against the republicans. so, I am starting to look at McCain as not such a bad choice afterall.

and well.....you bring up the 30 or so years of lies from clinton. but, isn't obama's sudden flip flop as far as his close ties with his pastor a lie in reality? did the pastor suddenly go insane recently and this is what change obama's opinion of him, or is he expressing the same views as he always had, and obama is just now noticing that they are a little concerning to some of the american people, so, well.....time to cut the guy loose...just for awhile, till the election is over...then they can be buddies again..

the crazy pastor said it best, he's being what he is....a religious leader, obama is being what he is...a politician...and we all know the politicians will say what the people want to hear, lie or not!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

And this is another thing, I'm going to snap the next time I hear the phrase 'Obama goggles'. This is another bull argument people have been using that fits along the same bull lines as cultist or glossy-eyed.

And I know some of the things are true and some are not. The point is that these pale in comparison to the stuff people SHOULD be looking at.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The most blatant/obvious sign that people should be anti-obama is the way he denounced his longtime preacher for saying things that more people in the country really need to understand right now. He treats the guy like he's just some whacko because heshared his opinion on some facts.

He's basically saying the truth is bad, and that's bad.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The thing is, thats his own party saying that stuff right now.

Just wait till he actually wins the nomination and the Republicans start calling him names

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Falling into the experience stuff I see...

Please explain to me what we have gotten with this 'experience'. McCain, the most experienced of them all is just like Bush.

Hillary is a liar, with a strong 35 year record of lying.

Now, please tell me, with regard to the difference between years of experience, what advantages there are. As much as I hate to concede Obama's 'Change' slogan, he truly does come across as the candidate who can provide that the most, and God knows we need it.

DEFINE the difference in experience and what benefits it brings. Don't just say 'experience is good' without analyzing that statement.

Plus, it depends on the experience mentioned. Let's look at legislative, which does bring about much, much change. Who's more experienced there?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

He had to do what he had to do.

He made the right move, and I commend him for trying to stick by his side for so long. That is loyalty in his character.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Well actually the pastor's words were taken out of context. If you actually heard his whole sermon then you would understand. Fox news just wanted to get a lot of viewers so they make things up as they play along. Go to youtube and find that sermon and just listen to it. I did and I noticed the meaning changed by a whole lot.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

From several interviews on the news, don't you think it's funny that everyone seems to say the same thing?

Being that the Wright the American people have gotten to know is quite different than the Wright they became familiar with while attending his church.

Remember, that's not just Obama or his campaign saying this.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
And I know some of the things are true and some are not. The point is that these pale in comparison to the stuff people SHOULD be looking at.

We shouldn't be looking at the fact that the junior congressman doesn't have a voting record on major issues? He's an empty suit! We are forced to look at what we do know. We do know he has been close friends with and mentored by an apparent rabble-rouser. Said rabble-rouser embraces Farrakhan. When questioned about Obama, Wright says "Well of course Obama distances himself. He wouldn't get elected if he didn't" He doesn't say "Well, Obama and I don't agree all the time. We disagree about alot of things -- this is one of them." Instead he accuses Obama of selling out to get votes. This doesn't inspire confidence in any politician, I'm sorry.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

True; however, his votes for 'present' are actually a noted and popular strategy used in the Illinois senate to basically say 'I'd vote for it if it was revised a little'.

Obama did explain that when he voted for 'present', it was because he thought the bills unconstitutional. Shouldn't that be a good thing then?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Really, I mean less confidence than either of his 2 oppositions who have been caught lying over and over again...RECENTLY?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

Well actually the pastor's words were taken out of context. If you actually heard his whole sermon then you would understand. Fox news just wanted to get a lot of viewers so they make things up as they play along.

This would be super if Fox News were the ones that broke the story (I believe it was ABC). It'd also make sense if only Fox News was running the story, but it isn't...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

when the have video of the man saying the stuff.....it's kind of hard not to accept that the guy said the words....isn't it?

the guy, from what I've seen, seems to have stood in his pulpit and asked God to damn america.....
seemingly not realizing that he, just as you and me, and everyone else in this country IS AMERICA.....so, well, the only way I know of interpreting that one is that he hates america so much, he's willing to be damned himself if only he can get the rest of us damned with him.

now, it seems that he's just gone off the deep end, and he's saying stuff that is really damaging obama's chances....
why?? I'm halfway expecting this church to get a nice big donation from the republican party soon......for services rendered....

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by _Del_

Really, I mean less confidence than either of his 2 oppositions who have been caught lying over and over again...RECENTLY?

Listen, I don't like ANY of the candidates. Obama has lied just as recently. I'm telling you that people have VALID concerns about Obama. In my opinion he's the worst available candidate. It's not all republican propaganda like you are implying in the original post.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Thanks ..this post is a good factual reference as to the poor dishonest character of Mr. Obama.

After knowing this, how can you like this guy for President?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

how about...

Obama did not serve in the military...do we want him in charge of our troops ?

and some more dirt since your asking for it...

WHEN WILL WE ADMIT THE TRUTH ABOUT BARACK OBAMA?

He is a bad man.

Good men don’t turn a blind eye to unrepentant ex-terrorists; support vile, anti-American bigots; lie about their core beliefs; and look down on traditional Americans. Most significantly, good men don’t allow beautiful babies – the least among us – to be discarded like refuse and die miserable, lonely deaths in dark utility rooms. In fact, if we cannot call Obama a bad man, there is no such thing as a bad man. And calling him a good man doesn’t just strain credulity, it puts it in the hospital in traction.

Ah, yes, hope, change, unity, infanticide, bigotry, terrorism, Obama . . . good? We all know what is wrong with this picture.

www.newswithviews.com...
Selwyn Duke -- When Will We Admit the Truth About Barack Obama?

[edit on 29-4-2008 by easynow]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join