It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Blames Congress for Economic Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Bush Blames Congress for Economic Problems

www.npr.org

"I've repeatedly submitted proposals to help address these problems," the president said. "Yet time after time, Congress chose to block them."

Bush said the lawmakers had not acted on "critical legislation that would modernize the Federal Housing Administration, reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and allow state housing agencies to issue tax-free bonds to refinance subprime loans."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
edition.cnn.com
money.cnn.com

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Calling the kettle black.
This must be his grand strategy before leaving office, everything is the congress' fault.
And of course all of his republican followers will nod to him and point to the congress and say, "Yes, yes, the president is right, this is all your fault."

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Just some interesting statistics in reference to this thread...

In just one year. Remember the election in 2006? Thought you might like to read the following:

A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:
1) Consumer confidence plummet;
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;
6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!
Re member, it's Congress that makes law not the President.
He has to work with what's handed to him.

Taxes under Clinton
Single making 30K - tax $8,400
Single making 50K - tax $14,000
Single making 75K - tax $23,250
Married making 60K - tax $16,800
Married making 75K - tax $21,000
Married making 125K - tax $38,750

Taxes under Bush 2008
Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K- tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $31,250

Just some interesting reading...
All figures available via Google

Enjoy

Semper

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Actually, if you get right down to the Constitution, It's specified:

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 5:
To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

And the fact that no branch of the government has the authority to "re-delegate" any of their duties & obligations (especially to any privately-owned & operated corporate concern), it was the fault of Congress! But it was the government of the past that committed that Felony Crime...By enacting the Federal Reserve Act.

There are several threads that already address this topic & you can find them by performing an ATS Search using "Federal Reserve" as keywords...There's too many of them to link them all here (& the fact that I'm a bit too lazy to list them contributes a small factor too
)

But, it can also be noted that, ever since that infamous day that the government sold us all down the river, every Federal Office Holder can be blamed for acting as accomplices for not repealing the Fed Res & setting everything back within Constitutional parameters...This also includes our current President too!

So, Mr. President...Your obvious smokescreen has no effect on those who have their eyes already opened!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
This whole damn Gov't thru history can surely be blamed. All the current ying-yangs just happen to be the ones in the hot seat...

Why The U.S. Economy Is Tanking

There are at least 4 links thru that small write up:

Wolfowitz: Iraq War Was About Oil

Oil was the main reason for military action against Iraq, a leading White House hawk has claimed, confirming the worst fears of those opposed to the US-led war.
The US deputy defence secretary, Paul Wolfowitz - who has already undermined Tony Blair's position over weapons of mass destruction (WMD) by describing them as a "bureaucratic" excuse for war - has now gone further by claiming the real motive was that Iraq is "swimming" in oil.

Greenspan admits Iraq was about oil, as deaths put at 1.2m

The man once regarded as the world's most powerful banker has bluntly declared that the Iraq war was 'largely' about oil.

IRAQ: War Launched to Protect Israel - Bush Adviser

Zelikow's casting of the attack on Iraq as one launched to protect Israel appears at odds with the public position of President George W. Bush and his administration, which has never overtly drawn the link between its war on the regime of former president Hussein and its concern for Israel's security.
The administration has instead insisted it launched the war to liberate the Iraqi people, destroy Iraq's weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and to protect the United States.

Iraq war hits U.S. economy: Nobel winner

Stiglitz and Bilmes argue the true costs are at least $3 trillion under what they call an ultraconservative estimate, and could surpass the cost of World War Two, which they put at $5 trillion after adjusting for inflation.

The direct costs exclude interest on the debt raised to fund the war, health care costs for veterans coming home, and replacing the destroyed hardware and degraded operational capacity caused by the war.

And then we can add this little history lesson and current view concerning The Federal Reserve, for good measure...

A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER

I received the following from an extremely well informed person. This explains the situation the Federal Reserve and its member banks are in at this exact time...
It explains how we got here and what needs to be done to free ourselves of the bankers who have illegally run our money system for most of the last century.
This is the most important article you will read. I ask that you send it to everyone you know.

And this from the body of the letter of the "well informed person" noted above...

I posit that the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CORPORATION, a private organization continuously with shareholders, officers and directors since inception, has illegally been, with the collusion of the Federal Reserve Bank (another corporation, public but operated until this last year as a private organization), in complete control of the financial life of this you know, the CORPORATION is now in bankruptcy.

I wish to see the United States to return to a precious metal basis for its money and I know how that can happen. But we have some rough water ahead, and unless we wish to experience hyperinflation depression or any part of it, we must act immediately to have something in place to replace the Fed notes we now use as currency.

[edit on 4/30/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

yes, but the key components of that economic downfall was already in full swing when the dems took the congress...I think they inherited the mess. and well, bush had a few years before that with all his yes-men in the congress....how did the use that time? definately weren't trying to unscrew any of this mess.
by the way, tax cuts are great......sane spending cuts are much, much better!! I would be insane to go from a full time job to a part time job cutting my paycheck in half and then turn around and rent out a luxury apartment at three times the cost of what I was barely managing to pay for rent on a full time job....
this government is just as insane!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Before this, Bush Jr always has the upbeat look on the economy, denial basically. Suddenly after he can't deny it anymore, he tries to find a scapegoat, and basically throwing his arms in the air and said, I don't have anything to do with this at all.

The congress is not superior to the executive. Seeking to blame others when he's also part of the problem, shows how much quality that he has as a leader, and also as a commander in chief.

[edit on Thu, 1 May 08 by Jazzyguy]

join