It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelations from the Holy Spirit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well I feel the Holy Spirit revealed two things to me today.

1. Man is a Trinity, just as God is a Trinity.
Man is Body, Soul, Spirit (or body mind and soul, depends on what souls is translated to).
This is another way in which we resemble God and further evidence of a Trinity.

In this fashoin, Yeshua would be the physical embodiement of Elohim God:

John 1:1&14
"1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
"14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory,
the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

The Holy Spirit would be the Soul embodiement of Elohim God:
The Holy spirit intercedes for us between our flesh (or flesh part of the mind) and Elohim God:

1Corinthians 2:10-14
"10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things,
yea, the deep things of God.
11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him?
even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God;
that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth,
but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him:
neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

Translated into American it basicly says that the carnal mind of man cannot know the eternal will of God and does not understand it and
this is one of the reasons why we have the Holy Spirit, as an intermediary between the two.
The soul though it the catalyst or intermediary between our body (or fleshly mind) and spirit, it is in a sense our conscience.

Adonia/Eloah would be the Spirit embodiement of Elohim God:
A spirit is an eternal entity. The Bible says that God Himself is a spirit:

John 4:24
"24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth"

And that is why I believe that this is one more way in which we are created in the image of God.

2. Praise and worship music.
"Are we praising and worshiping the music, or are we praising and worshiping with the music?"
I think this is a personal question of idolatry in our own lives, if we are caught up in the euphoria
of the music and long for the music it's self, then we are worshiping the music, but it we long to
show our appreciation, love and respect for Elohim God and use music to express it, than I believe
we are truely worshiping Him.
Remember:

John 4:24
"24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth"

We don't worship Him in the flesh, but we use the flesh to express what is bursting from our spirit
and we do it, not for show, not for self exaltation, not because everyone else is doing it, or because we feel that
"since everyone else is doing it we have to do it or we aren't good Christians", but we do it because it is in us, the joy of the Lord
is in our inner most beings, it is like a bomb exploding from deep in our spirits and souls, we should worship Him in truth, not a lie,
not because we think He won't bless us, not because we think He will get mad at us and smite us, but because we know
He loves us despite our flaws, because He loves us more than we could ever know.
So when we worship Him, really worship Him, it is in spirit and in truth.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Interesting stuff. The part about human trinities feels right, I'll look that up later.

The worship part is perfect. Way too often we just sing a song instead of actually worshipping, falling into God's arms, crying out in praise. Sing to the Lord a new song.
Man, it's been too long since I've praised God deeply.

God bless.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If God is trinity why did Jesus pray, why did Jesus call God his own father, why did he say this

For I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of him whom has sent me?? Jesus is the perfect manifestion of God. But that does'nt make Jesus God. Jesus is the son of God.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm atheist but not of the Abrahamic Faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I'm not a scientific/medical/legal expert in any field.

Explanation: 1stly I agree ,but only to a point which we can debate! Which is if the Abrahamic GOD can be a multiplicity (i.e the trinity) why can it not be an even bigger multiplicity (i.e the divided entirety of existence) due to the scriptural fact of Omnipresence (I can provide scriptures if asked). If Jesus is GOD and so is the Holy Spirit and the Father then why are we not GOD also? Are we not a part of Omnipresent GOD??? What part of the Omnipresence is NOT GOD?

Personal Disclosure: I believe and live in an Omnipresent GOD/DESS called Achlys and to me she is everything including You all! I Love her big time
Discover her here!

P.S. Become Totally disillusioned and finally see everything for real. Think Globally, Act Locally and Feel Internally.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Well you are dealing in ones and zeros.
What you guys do is try to put God in a box, you try to conform Him to fit what you can understand, if He doesn't fit, then you call Him a fake.
I'm not sure about what you are trying to say, but to me it sounds like your misdefining Omnipresence. Omnipresence does not mean that God is devided up into so many parts that He is everywhere, it means He is everywher, meaning His whole self is everywhere, in every place at the exact same time. God created time and space, that means He is beyond the confines of time and space.
We are confined to the confines of time and space (well our bodies at least). We are made in the image of God meaning we carry some of His characteristics, it does not mean that we ourselves are Gods though, we have limits, God doesn't. God is not a God of our own design, who would want the God that I believe in? A God that says to do what is right and not what you think is right or what feels good. God often goes contrary to what we want simpply because we are fallen because of our sin and this corruption we have in us longs for pleasuring ourselves which leads to death. But if we strive to do what God wants for us then we end up having a much more full and purposful life.

As far as you having the last word though (just noticed your screen name), I'm afraid your wrong, God has the last word my friend.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
did you read my thread about the trintiy being implanted on our bodies?

we are walking triinities JJB..

peace.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
If God is trinity why did Jesus pray, why did Jesus call God his own father, why did he say this

For I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of him whom has sent me?? Jesus is the perfect manifestion of God. But that does'nt make Jesus God. Jesus is the son of God.

He came to show us how to live right and then to die for us. As a part of the trinity, he was a spiritual being, he came to earth as a baby and he took on a body of flesh. When he refers to not doing his own will, he refers to his form of humanity. He did struggle with the flesh that is why he knows our pain.

Jesus said in John 10:30 "I and the Father are one."

[edit on 5/14/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

No, sorry, I didn't, this is something the Holy Spirit revealed to me while I was working and a song came on and sparked my mind, then the Holy Spirit showed me something that helped me understand the nature of the Trinity.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Man is Body, Soul, Spirit (or body mind and soul, depends on what souls is translated to)

Can you elaborate more on what is the soul and what is the spirit.
What is the different between the two?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Hmm... Thought I explained it, well I'll give you the short version.
The soul is what I believe to be meta-physical, or a part that is a catalyst between the physical and spiritual, two seperate deminsions, a connection between the two, an intermediary.
What it does is translate between what your mind and body are doing to your spirit and vice verca. It is the connection between body and spirit, your spirit being eternal and your body being carnal (temporary).

I hope that explains it a little better. Do I have direct scientific evidence? Nope, the closest I can get to that is the nanotubes in the brain, which I'm not even sure if it would qualify.

Thanks for the question though,

-Jimmy

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Thanks jim, so let me get this right. The spirit is the eternal one, the soul is not, right?

Jesus is the body of God, therefore not eternal, the holy spirit is the soul of God, also not eternal. Or is it a different case between God and humans? Meaning God's body and soul is eternal, man's body and soul is not eternal.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

The latter is correct, we are made in His image, we are not an exact replica of Him. God's body and soul are eternal. Plus, God exists outside of time and space, but He can and does interact within it.
One thing I find interesting is that anytime in when people the Bible go to Heaven, they view the past present and future, it happened to Enoch and it happened to John, just a little bit of something I found interesting. I think what I have here is sound doctrine though, it doesn't contradict scripture and makes a lot of sense, plus this is what the Holy Spirit gave me. The pastor from my parents church actually ended up preaching this, it was very much like a sermon he was working on at the same time, I had no clue, but this did confirm what he believed the Holy Spirit was telling him too.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I actually can agree with what the Holy Spirit has revealed to you.

Is it possible that we are the body of God too, not just Christ? I mean since the Holy Spirit talks to us also, it is parallel like our soul talking to our own body.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
John 1:1&14
"1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
"14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory,
the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

if you look into ancient greek, this scripture means something much different.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Then why did Jesus claim God as his own God? why did Jesus pray? why did Jesus Say that his father is greater than him. Jesus said that he does do his own will but the will of God plane and simple. Jesus says he has a father. Jesus does have divinity and he is the closest thing to God the perfect manifestion of God. But that does mean he is God. Jesus would never have pray. Nor would he ask God to take thing yok away from him IF THAT WAS WHAT GOD WANT NOT JESUS. No one debateing that God can brake himself up in three froms if that was God will so be it. The question is if that acually happen. Jesus said that he is the SON OF GOD. The son can not be the father if he is the son, nor can the father be the son if he is the father. Jesus is a creaton of God there for a son of god.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Yeshua was the prototype of what all Christians are supposed to be.
We are suppose to do the Father's will, and pray to Him.
One thing you forgot is that God called Yeshua God too.
THIS WEBSITE gets a bit more in depth, I couldn't readily find the passage I was talking about, but what this guy says I can agree with.

miriam0566, you might wanna read the above linked site too.

The main thing you gotta understand about Yeshua is that He is God, who stepped down into the form of a man, to be tempted and tried as we are everyday, but not sin and become a pure and spotless sacrifice for sin. God sacraficed Himself for us. He was 100% God and 100% man, yes it can be a bit tough to get ones mind around that, took me a while, but I finally understood.

Jazzyguy, what I tried to show in the OP is the parrallel, since we are the body or Christ, I guess it's possible, we are created in His image, in both spiritual and physical components.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by the jiminator
He was 100% God and 100% man, yes it can be a bit tough to get ones mind around that, took me a while, but I finally understood.

That is a difficult one. But the biggest thing is that the Bible claims the Son created all things not only in John 1:1 but read Colossians 1:15-17

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

On his humanity in Hebrews we read:

Jesus was made a little lower than the angels and is now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone (2:9).

Made a little lower than the Angels implies he started out above that state - does it not? Also in Hebrews:

We do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin (4:15).

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

read the OP on the mystery of he trinity thread. just way too much info to repost here.

john 1:1 is a product of a misunderstanding of elementary greek.

even if you look up the interlinear, the words used for god are even different.

the correct translation would be, ¨the word was with THE God, and the word was A god.

the problem with the trinity is that there is a mountain of scriptures that write as if the trinity wasnt even a thought.

- jesus praying to God (multiple times)
- god talking to jesus on three different occasions
- jesus saying that god is greater than him
- jesus being call the ¨firstborn¨of all creation
- God having no beginning (inconflict with the point above if they are the same person)
- jesus talking about doing god´s will, not his own
- jesus saying that god sent him
- jesus saying that he didnt not send himself in the same verse
- jesus being called god´s son
- the god of the OT (same as the god of the NT) being only ¨one¨
- jesus being tempted (do you honestly believe God can be tempted?)
- jesus´response to being tempted (to worship himself?)
- satan tempting jesus (why would satan even try)
- the death of jesus (can god die?)
- the resurrection of jesus (if god was dead, how did he resurrect himself?)
- jesus correcting the jews of thinking that he called himself god (why would he correct them if it was true?)
- jesus is depicted in revelation as a lamb before god.
- bible says that no man has seen god ecept the son. (yet men have seen jesus)
- the hebrew temple depicts god in the most holy, while jesus is depicted as the high priest (separate entities)
- jesus offering his blood as a sacrifice for mankinds sins (to god)

now contrast this with the trinity ¨proof¨ scriptures.

john 1:1 simple mistranslation
1 john 5:7 added sometime around the 4th century
john 10:30 where jesus himself clarifies a few verses later.

the trinity is a doctrine where the scriptures are twisted to fit the doctrine, not the other way around.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

But you forgot the part where god calls jesus god.
Plus there is a mention of the trinity, but it does not say trinity, it just names the components of the trinity.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Is there an un-Holy Spirit? Sort of like Satan is to God or Christ is to the alledged "anti-Christ."

There must be an un-Holy Spirit, right? I mean it only fits the pattern and it's all about patterns. Everything is about patterns.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join