It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney lawyer claims Congress has no authority over vice-president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Cheney lawyer claims Congress has no authority over vice-president

www.guardian.co.uk

The lawyer for US vice-president Dick Cheney claimed today that the Congress lacks any authority to examine his behaviour on the job.

The exception claimed by Cheney's counsel came in response to requests from congressional Democrats that David Addington, the vice-president's chief of staff, testify about his involvement in the approval of interrogation tactics used at Guantanamo Bay.

Ruling out voluntary cooperation by Addington, Cheney lawyer Kathryn Wheelbarger said Cheney's conduct is "not within the [congressional] committee's power of inquiry".

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I should say that I'm not exactly shocked by this news given the number of similar examples in the past.

I realize that the present administration will soon be gone (barring martial law) but does this not set a precident for future administrations? Is there nothing this man can be held accountable for?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I was under the impression that any politician is accountable to the people, or representatives of the people.
In essence,Cheney,his monkey,and the rest are dictators.The lawyer should be tried for treason along with the rest of them.
"We the People" really need to wake up to what is going on and act.
If this happened in Canada, the ones involved would have a riot on their hands.

Can someone PLEASE drop a house on all of them before January!?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Bloody disgusting,
Arrgh, this just makes my blood boil..

This man activley throws mud in your face ,and you sit there doing nothing.

Jesus America, you really have become the scared pathetic little boys that the VP portrays you to be.

Your fathers would never of stood for this in the 40's... what a let down today american society is becoming for its past generations.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Bloody disgusting,
Arrgh, this just makes my blood boil..

This man activley throws mud in your face ,and you sit there doing nothing.

Jesus America, you really have become the scared pathetic little boys that the VP portrays you to be.

Your fathers would never of stood for this in the 40's... what a let down today american society is becoming for its past generations.

Oh our founding fathers would be rolling over in their graves if they knew the freedoms and lack of accountability we have given up. The problem is the MSM propaganda machine keeps 40% of the people pacified. The other 40% is just to stupid to understand what is going on....and the other 20% of real intelligent people are to busy fighting over what stupid party they want to win...this is our problem

top topics

join