It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS.... Guidance would be good......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This is my first post here..... I been a active non-member reader for a while.....
Dont really know how to put this so i will try....

For most of my life for what i can remember, I always had alternative thoughts towards life,god,evolotion.....Maybe because i grew up in a broken family.....Really had no faith in anything......Grew up being physically abused by my alcoholic father........I mean beat down like i was a man at 11 years old......
I had weird things take place through my life mainly when the abuse came about....A bright light would appear above my bed after my dad left the room.... When this bright light appeared i felt a sort of comfort..... Now i must say that i felt like i was insane or programmed myself in some sort of way to feel at ease..... Dont really know.... Maybe i fabricated a sense of comfort in my mind that i convinced myself of something comfortable that came to me as a bright light....Hell i dont know man......

Simple fact is, I have read alot of post on this site that kinda touch me in some way..... But the prob wit me is that i think i am taking too much in or something...... What i feel compared to what some of you are saying is changing my life.......So much info on ET,UFO, And so on in some ways makes me feel like i am going insane..... I cant think rational anymore......All i think about is theories of where we originated from...... This has become a obsession.... It is starting to effect my family..... Im not asking for theories but i am asking for solutions of how some of you have separated this to deal with it.....

To be totally truthful, this stuff has gone to my head......

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

Welcome SKinLaB,

I can empathise with your current situation, however, maybe not quite to the same extent. What i find when i suddenly feel overwhelmed with so much is to focus on my core beliefs. It does not have to be much, just something small and simple that you can focus on for a time to put it all back in perspective.

You will find this to be a wonderful community. Enjoy your time and remember to wear your TinHat and Deny Ignorance.

Here are some helpful links to help get you started on your ATS journey:

Index of Important Website Related Threads *Read First*
The AboveTopSecret.com Handbook

SilentShadow

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hi SkinLaB, this is a good place to talk about what you feel and the experiences you've had. There's alot of good people here that will listen and give advise. I'm glad you are a member now and welcome to ATS.

You should start a thread about what you want to talk about and people will stop in and read your stories and comment. Just try your best to keep an open mind and don't believe everything you read until you do some research and investigation yourself. If you need any help with something feel free to u2u me and I'll try my best to help. Believe me, I'm still searching and looking for the truth about alot of subjects and have learned alot along the way. For an example I know people who have only read the bible and no other religious books and they only believe what they want to believe in that realm without ever researching and stepping outside the box to take a look at all the religions or all stories and personal experiences from others. I just can't let myself be a part of one thing when there is so much out there to learn. Anyway, good luck SKinLaB and I'll see ya around.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Thing is, I have so much to say but i dont know what topic to post it in.......

Ever since i been reading topics here, I relate with some that make me feel like im losing my mind..... Dont know how to deal with the strange happenings with me.........But yet, On the other hand i feel the need to get it out..... And no this isnt a time travel expedition or anything like that.....This is a real feel for explanation i cannot explain....... And it has effected my life.... My wife thinks im going crazy.....And i think she is starting to be afraid of me for my thoughts recently..... I think i am getting obsessed with reality and non reality......

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, and we all at one time or another feel as if we are losing it.
So..WELCOME TO OUR CRAZY PARTY!
Start with the forum that you feel the most connected with and go from there.
If the moderators feel your thread should be moved, they will do it and notify you. No worries, and it does help to get it all out. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
That is why we are all here. Square pegs in a round world.
AccessDenied

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!
I think alot of us here are, or at one time dealing with certain emotions that you may be going through. Inevitably, I believe this is a stage we all must go through in order to make sense out of the confusion we call our existance. Keep searching friend. Hopefully you can find answers to some of the questions that plague you.

Edit: By the way Skinlab rules

[edit on 29-4-2008 by highfreq]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

Hello SKinLaB. Welcome to ATS.

Your name begs me to ask if you have tats. May be just my weirdness but skin and lab makes me think of using skin as a lab. Also may be because I have tats. It's addicting to me.

I do understand what you're saying about wondering about your sanity. About three months ago I was outside enjoying hearing the birds singing and all kind of questions popped into my head concerning what I had been reading here. I went into a panic attack. I then realized I needed to ground myself and understand that we are a group of people discussing the possible, probable and sometimes just about impossible topics.

When I get spooked I jump over to Below Top Secret and relax my mind. You can rant and rave about most any subject in a more relaxed atmosphere.

I might suggest you start with BTS and empty your soul of uneasy thoughts and we will help hash it out with you. After all we all really are human and have normal feelings and fears just as you do.

BTS is also a good way to meet the members and get to know them.

It might interest you to know that really insane folks never think they are crazy and the sane among us wonder if we are insane. You are fine. You've just taken in a lot of information and your mind is trying to assimilate it. It's akin to burn out when a student overloads himself with more courses of study than his mind can handle comfortably.

Relax and enjoy your adventure with the rest of us nuts.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hiyah SkinLab,

ATS is a great site with lots and lots of information and I can understand why you feel overwhelmed...it's a lot to take in if you try to read all the different topics and are experiencing "system overload" of the brain, especially if you try to take in all the conspiracy topics, the UFO/Alien topics etc.

Perhaps you should just limit your intake of new information to a few minutes or an hour every day for awhile until your mind absorbs and sorts all the information...

I had a few hours on here one night, sort of like you're describing, well actually after I found a site that had a list of 25 scientists that died under suspicious circumstances that all worked on the Star Wars-like project in the UK (true story) It was just information/dread/horror overload and it soon passed after I stopped looking at all the conspiracy stuff for a few days....

Anyway, welcome to ATS and tread lightly until the feeling passes is my advice! Take care and see you around!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hi, SKinLaB. Welcome to ATS.

I am pretty new here, myself, and I do understand how you feel overwhelmed. When I first joined, I was on overload, as well. I couldn't believe that there were so many people whose opinions were in line with my beliefs! I was reading as many posts as I could and trying to take it all in, and I was driving myself crazy. My solution was to take a break from the site for a couple of days, and after the breather, I was able to delve back in.

I am sad to hear that you had a rough childhood; I hope adulthood has treated you well.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
You peeps are a godsend! I felt all alone..... It is good to know that i am going through a normal reaction dealing with this...... It goes much deeper than stumbling across this site and reading all the topics..... Been through 2 diff sites that led me to this one..... I am new here... I will keep reading.... When i feel comfortable enough i will post my life...... I know you peeps have open arms but, Kinda got to get to that point.... I got to get it out..... I have tried to tell a small part of my life to peeps i thought were my friends and they said "I wish i had the drugs you were taking"..... It is a insult..... Im not writing a book,Im not making money from my story..... Its a story that has plagued me all my life... I will share i promise.... Gotta have that comfortable feeling first though....
My wife calls this a gift.... I call it a curse..... She is not the one that suffers (well inadvertantely she does) I am......

top topics

join