It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TU-95's over North Dakota?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have a friend of a friend, an engineer who subcontracts on a lot of different avionics and corporate projects and is Stanford educated. I told him about how much I enjoyed ATS and what its about, he asked if I ever had seen anything on ATS about TU-95's buzzing Minot AFB. I later checked ATS and saw nothing. Today, I asked him why he asked that and he said: "just wondering", and inquired further and he said "well you never know," and proceeded to change the subject.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
With all the radars covering the entry points around Alaska, and through Canada, I'd be pretty impressed if they managed to get a TU-95 undetected through them to buzz North Dakota. A Bear is a hell of a large target, and it's not the least bit stealthy.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
are they shown at airshows?? i know here in the uk i have seen russian aircraft including migs and tupolov aircraft at shows

might be something like that ?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Minot would be a great place for a "goodwill" visit by the Bear. I don't know that it has happened, but it wouldn't surprise me. I don't think a Bear managed to penetrate that much airspace unnoticed if that was the question.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The US government has an impressive inventory of "acquired" russian hardware...I wonder if he saw one flying that's owned by us?

new topics

top topics

join