It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Masonic Secrets?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
reply to post by emsed1

This is a religious belief at best and a cultish position at worst. Religion is always about transcendence in the end while cults tend to offer this perfection perpetually just out of reach of the devotee.

I do note you using reverse psychological approach since I have never met a mason debating masonry against critics take such an amicable tack. Still makes me wonder why some masons insist on invoking the white glove treatment against many innocent people on the word of a wretched brother.

I have to admit the more I find out about 'Light' the more I realize I don't know.

One thing I have discovered in the Masonic journey, at least for me, is that transcendence is available to everyone and Masonry is only one path.

I hope you don't take my amity as an attempt to sway your opinion or lower your guard. All of us must be watchful and careful in our dealings with others and expect nothing less than a detailed scrutiny of my words.

Faith and hope are two of the values that have taken on more meaning to me in the last few years. I am starting to realize that this physical, material world doesn't hold any reward that isn't transitory. I think if everyone focused on attaining the rewards awaiting us beyond the vale we would realize that our squabbles and disagreements have no meaning.

The light is there for anyone who seeks it. There are many paths and some of them can be experienced (I believe) on your own without any help from others. I just think for me it has helped to travel with brothers.

I also think that the degree of pain, anxiety and apprehension we experience in this world is proportional to the reward we receive beyond. It is clear to me that you are suffering and whether or not you are being tormented by a group or the torment is from within it is still mortal pain.

The unfortunate consequence of free will is that we have to see and experience evil. It is a necessary barrier to be overcome. Faith and hope leads me to believe that our temporal pain will go away and that all of us will experience enlightenment and understanding in the world beyond.

I also realize that's easy for me to say while I sit here in a warm room, listening to Guns 'n Roses sing "Knocking on Heaven's Door" (irony? or coincidence?) while millions of others are suffering unspeakable horror and atrocity.

How do I reconcile that? I can't. Maybe someday I will understand but the more I learn the more I realize that I might not even be on the porch yet.

(On a positive note, I received a communication today that says for the low low sum of $1299.00 I can receive Enlightenment AND a snazzy lapel pin!)

[edit on 11/16/08 by emsed1]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Congratulations! Let us know when you get raised - or was this a one day class thing? I think all the Grand Lodges that did those have done away with them, but I can't remember for sure.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The Masons "secret" is a cipher, possibly dug up by the Templars at the end of their tunnel. Wherever they got it, it is THE code book of The Mysteries - detailing a sequence of precise initiations that stand in a lineage of tradition going back to the origins of civilization itself.

Each degree only reveals a piece of this cipher at a time. Every piece is an initiation (the first 3 degrees are depicted at Rosslyn Chapel) & only the 33rd degree gets to "solve" the cipher.

Pieces of this riddle have been deposited by Initiates in the arts & sciences for a very long time. In fact, you'd be surprised how much of it you know already.

But, Masons are bound by oath not to reveal this to non-dues paying members. And as the Lakota saying goes: "Always remember someone who keeps their word & never forget someone who doesn't."

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Yygdrasilian

There are only three degrees in Masonry.
The Scottish Rite is a mostly American Rite, it's not officially recognized in England, though they don't discourage anyone from pursuing the Rite.

It didn't exist until 1801, at which point it was compiled from various other degrees and rites. The present form was written initially by the infamous Albert Pike. Since then they've been edited and changed slightly ever since, and can vary a bit by location.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here's a question for my 32nd deg brothers.

I was looking through a site that sells car emblems. They have two different 32nd emblems, one has the wings 'up' and one has the wings 'down'.

Does that mean Northern or Southern jurisdiction, or something else?

I haven't joined SR yet so if you can't tell me I understand. :-)

I am taking my Council Degrees in York Rite on Wed. so that should be fun.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Here's a question for my 32nd deg brothers.

I was looking through a site that sells car emblems. They have two different 32nd emblems, one has the wings 'up' and one has the wings 'down'.

Does that mean Northern or Southern jurisdiction, or something else?
Not sure. I've seen both, and, in fact, the wings down version is on both the Northern and Southern Jurisdiction websites, so I'm guessing that's not the difference...

From the Southern Jurisdiction site: www.scottishrite.org...
30° - Knight of Kadosh or Knight of the White & Black Eagle

The lesson of this degree is to be true to ourselves, to stand for what is right and to be just in our lives today with a belief in God, country and oneself. There is no apron, but the jewel is a gold Teutonic cross, enameled in red, with a silver double-headed eagle, with wings spread pointing downward, resting upon it.
The 30° is a capitular degree in the Council of Kadosh, one of the 4 bodies of the Scottish Rite.

[edit on 11/17/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

I am taking my Council Degrees in York Rite on Wed. so that should be fun.

Congratulations. Pay special attention to the opening on the Select Master degree, especially if you are interested in esoterica.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I am a 32nd degree and a master craftsman and well studied in masonry and just want to remind the Brother in this post to rember his very first charge about zeal and the instution. thank you Y A N T S Y Z F T In T L Y I A W T W T I M R I

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cutbothways

Could it be a masonic secret...

that '' maybe '' freemasons, would infiltrate, conspiracy forums,
to control informations about freemasonry, secret conspiracies
and to derail investigations and to avoid, all the truth about masonry
to be expose.

Do you think, it could be possible...

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthDefender

LOL, yes I imagine it's true.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthDefender
reply to post by cutbothways

Could it be a masonic secret...

that '' maybe '' freemasons, would infiltrate, conspiracy forums,
to control informations about freemasonry, secret conspiracies
and to derail investigations and to avoid, all the truth about masonry
to be expose.

Do you think, it could be possible...

i don't know but, it could explain, all those strange behiaviors,
against those, who dare to investigate or expose, hidden... , masonic secrets!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthDefender

There could be, ATS members, who decided to hide they are Masons
to inflence ATS threads but,do you think there is freemasons,
who became Moderators or any other Role of power at ATS, which can influence,
investigations, in threads, about masonic secrets..?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
There could be ATS member who think are being really, really clever and are acting like kids.
And are pushing their particular point of view and ignoring truth.
Just sayin'.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
you said, we are ignoring the truth...

your Masonic ''VISION OF LIFE'' is not necessarily THE TRUTH, because you are following,
the Light of the great architect of the universe.

THE TRUTH, should not be afraid of investigation, i'am not saying i know the Truth
but we are here, in a conspiracy forum and at least, we are investigating, to find it.

and hmmmm... please freemasons, stay civilize in reaction of my post, insults will only prove you
are afraid of investigations. tks

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

your Masonic ''VISION OF LIFE'' is not necessarily THE TRUTH, because you are following,

THE TRUTH, should not be afraid of investigation, i'am not saying i know the Truth
but we are here, in a conspiracy forum and at least, we are investigating, to find it.

and hmmmm... please freemasons, stay civilize in reaction of my post, insults will only prove you

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by eventHorizon

i'm puzzled by deletion of prior posts in this thread.
who is the mod that deleted these posts?

there is no paranoia here, we only want to know why posts got
removed and by whom.

i dont know, if they were coverup, but a lot more posts, are being erased,
in the secret society section, about freemasonry, then in any other threads in above top secret.

maybe, not all masonic secrets, are as wonderful...as freemasons says..!

12.21.12 said he could imagine, TruthDefender's question is true, i can imagine it is possible to.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by openmindresearch

very well said, maybe we should all, use this line once in a while, to avoid
bullying against non-mason for those of sometimes, forget good manners.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The TRUTH isn't afraid of investigation, because upon investigation one soon finds that there are many TRUTHS, and what's TRUE for me may not be what's TRUE for you. At least, that's how I have come to interpret things since I began studying Masonic teachings. But, again, that's MY TRUTH. Another Mason would probably say that Masonry teaches no such thing. And he'd be right as well...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoMoreTyranny

very well said, maybe we should all, use this line once in a while, to avoid
bullying against non-mason for those of sometimes, forget good manners.

For the love of Pete... how many names and identities are you going to use?

If you are going to use a bunch of meat puppet sock identities at least learn to spell or grammaticize differently.

Everyone knows it's you. :-D

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
what masons are crazy, i'm sorry if i'm being closed minded or proving
"false info" but comon no one talks about sharing brotherly love, like what. You're telling me at meetings you guys sit around, and talk. Maybe play some games drink beer blah blah blah, kk that's pretty believable, but the fact that you need a lodge naw i'm sure you have weekly meetings and i'm sure they aren't all about how great your day is going or how good your job is or how well your family is because you can do that whenever you like, you can go out go hunting go fishing drink piss eat do all that without a lodge. What does joining a masonic lodge give you over everyone else except a exclusive club robe and nametag and degree? there is something more to it but what?

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join