It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thes Governments at it again invading our privacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Microsoft has developed a small plug-in device that investigators can use to quickly extract forensic data from computers that may have been used in crimes.

Source

Not that I'm really doing anything wrong for the government to come and plug this little thing into my computer but the thought that this technology is available scares the bed bugs out of me. If they can do this with a little device they are probably already doing it online. I wonder what inforamtion they are collecting.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
hmmmm thought there would be a greater response on this issue. It seems that everywhere we turn our freedoms are being taken away from us and the governmetn is taking more control in the ability to gain our confidential and private information. For the government to have the ability to plug in a device that ectracts your computer information in a matter of minutes is pretty scary stuff. Sure like everything else it is promoted as a tool to extract evidence of crimes but what happens when there is no evidence of a crime and the Gov is exercising their rights under the patriot act and assumes you are an enemy combatant and thus has the right to extract your computer information more easily. If it is that quick and easy what prevents them from sneaking into your home or your business while you are away and going to town on extracting confidential data without a warrant.

join