It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is just a fashion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Religion is nothing more than fashion. Over the coarse of humanity we have had thousands of religions and we keep gaining and losing them. Eventually in humanity we learned that we could spread our religions at the barrel of a gun or the tip of a sword, hence the spread of Judaism, Islam, and Christianity. It is only a matter of time before we lose these religions and start to worship new idols gods animals ect. My favorite part about this topic is that we continue to bend religions to our advantage in the form of different denominations the for example the church of England was started just so the king could get divorced. So why do we persist in "making up" answers to our existence and just live with what we can explain with proof? My answer is people feel more comfortable thinking there is some divine being watching over them inducing love amongst the people of the world and are O.K. with just pretending that they are right. But if there was some divine being who loved us why wouldn't he make his presence known in order to save humanity for eternal damnation and allow us to live in peace and harmony? If you can prove to me otherwise I would like to know your religion and why it is the correct "faith" so to speak.

new topics

join