It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near-Earth asteroid: a far miss.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I was thinking about how this asteroid hitting the earth has been really hyped up. Could they use this as an excuse to
restart the Star Wars project. I mean i missed the earth by almost a million miles. What do you all think?

Near Miss?

What was reported

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by DaTruth]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The Star Wars project was never stopped.... In fact, it's been up for almost 20 years, and is only being tweaked periodically...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well will they get the public to accpet it more?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Perhaps, but doubtful.... Though an adequete missile defense, I wouldn't think it capable of destroying an inbound asteroid of considerable size (i.e. ELE size or more)---Extinction Level Event.....

It is made specifically to target small, multiple targets, and disable them (not necessarily even destroy them), therefore I don't think it could do this....

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
i heard that the asteriod was about 32 million km away. even if this were to be an excuse to use the star wars project, they would never admit to have this missile defence.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yea but to the average person dosn't know that the missle defence couldn't not knock out a asteroid. He could just lie like he did before.

top topics

join