It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have noticed stores are not replenishing cigarrette stocks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
vitamin B3 = niacin = nicotinic acid
look it up if you don't believe me......

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rfk1959
vitamin B3 = niacin = nicotinic acid
look it up if you don't believe me......

Oh yeah, Nicain, isn't that the vitamin that turns you red?

My dad did this once at work, to get out of it. Took the vitamin, turned red, and told them he was not feeling well, and they sent him home,lol

Ama

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Several years ago, when tobacco taxes were raised AGAIN , in silent protest I started buying my smokes on a reservation - no taxes!!! Since then, tobacco taxes have been raised at least a couple times, and I've noticed more and more and more people also getting their smokes at the reservation. In fact, it's gotten so busy there that I won't even go at certain times: morning commute, lunch, and afternoon commute. I suspect this is happening wherever people have this option, so maybe mainstream stores are selling less and therefore purchasing less. Just a thought.

I also know that while Target stopped selling tobacco years ago, the KMarts and WalMarts have recently done the same, but gave no notice to their customers. They just sold out their stock, so the pickings were rather slim towards the end.

It's also a given that as tobacco taxes continue to increase, more and more people will do what they can to avoid paying those taxes, and more and more people will be happy to do what they can to pocket the profit themselves... hence, a black market. Not all smuggling is related to terrorism.

On a side note, one of the great things I found at the rez was the variety of cigarettes - including organic tobacco. I've tried American Spirit tobacco with no additives, and enjoyed it, but I prefer Dreams All Natural Vanilla (imported from Belgium). I actually spend less on these at the rez than I would spend on Marlboros at the AM/PM. A lot of nonsmokers actually enjoy the scent of my smokes now.

I'm considering growing and harvesting my own tobacco... altho that will probably be illegal soon also - can't cut into the govt revenue!

And as another poster has mentioned, nicotine is Vit B3, and nicotine does have medicinal qualities, and it is not the "killer" so many people want us to believe it is... The Cato Institute has some interesting information on this as well. (www.cato.org...)

(Wow - my first post here!)

PSP

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen_span
I see more and more people are moving over to the new electronic cigarettes ... can be smoked anywhere ... eve in aeroplanes and cinemas ... check this item on ebay ... item number 330231084438

Still, there is no rules for the new electronic smoker, but it tried it and it's totally crap, no support for those things, always hanging on the adapter to load up the accu of that thing.
There is a weird kind of parfum kinda smell from that thing and irritats me, so it can to to others as well.

my 2 cents.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

(potentially very) high tax revenue products that have been banned? marijuana, for starters.

PSP

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Then i'm lucky, marijuana is still avaible in the Netherlands and totally legal.
When people visit the netherlands, first what they do is getting to a coffeeshop to smoke some weed.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have to chime in on this thread. THIS SHORTAGE MIGHT BE AN INTERNATIONAL AGENDA.

I saw the thread some days ago when it came up, and I almost chimed in because for two days then, here in Thailand I hadn't been able to get my usual (international) brand. There's a handful of international brands widely aviable here, with Marlboro on the top (and far most expensive), but my prefered brand "More" I just can't find anywhere.

Just been around a dozen stores in a ten miles radius and NONE aviable. Again I'm stock with that crap brand of L&M, another Philip Morris product.

I think they are enforcing a WORLDWIDE monopoly.

Yes, there are alternative smokes, but...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join