It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have noticed stores are not replenishing cigarrette stocks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just an observation, i am a smoker, and i stop here and there for cigarrettes.
During the past two weeks, there are very slim pickins.

Rite Aid,
CVS
Stop & Shop all seem to be bare- I asked the lady at S&S and she didnt answer me really.

Anyone else noticing this elsewhere? Am i just going to the wrong places?
If i go to the liquor store to buy cigs, i notice the alcohol supply is PLENTIFUL.

Whats going on?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I haven't noticed anything like that..and we just bought new packs yesterday. I'll keep an eye open and tell my husband to do the same. Thanks for the info. I just might start stocking up on those if thats the case.

Its almost cheaper to smoke then get a gallon of gas. That's scary to me.

Tela

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Aha! see this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The trrrrrrrists are shipping in all the cheap ones. The shops can't compete and have given up

link   
havent noticed but will keep my eyes open this week

link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Well i went into tesco the other day (irish/UK version of walmart) and asked for 20 benson hedges, they didnt have any asked for 20 marlbro lights..they had none
All was left was silk cut, john player and benson Black
Now this is amazing for such a big store like tesco and the actual store i was in was massive, supposed to cater to 100's of people

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Disgustipated]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Perhaps your state believes in safe cigarettes.

www.palmbeachpost.com...

TALLAHASSEE — Legislation that would mandate safer-burning cigarettes designed to reduce home fires will soon land on Gov. Charlie Crist's desk.

On Monday, the Senate unanimously approved new cigarette standards for tobacco companies, following the House's lead Friday.

Nearly two dozen other states and Canada have adopted similar standards, which by 2010 would require the so-called fire-safe cigarettes.

They contain "speed bumps" - two or three rings of less porous paper - that cause the cigarettes to extinguish themselves if they are left unattended.

If not, then its a conspiracy to make smokers like you suffer! Which I support fully.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Plase keep your eyes open.

I have worked retail and i know that having cigarrettes is very important, and they're usually ordered every few days.

I have a feeling (its obvious, really) that they are selling the older cigarrettes and they are digging up brands that people dont even buy.

That's the story here on Caoe Cod, anyway.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

No, it doesnt have anything to do with that- that's been in effect for a while now! And all cigs do go out after a couple of minutes, that doesnt bother me.
Thanks

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

If not, then its a conspiracy to make smokers like you suffer! Which I support fully.
I would support the banning of alcohol 100% so i guess i know how YOU feel.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have said for years that there is something in cigarettes that reduces/prevents/cures some plague or disease the NWO has cooked up. Hence, the government's desire to reduce the use of it.

We KNOW from studies that smokers almost never get alzheimers or parkinsons. We know that children who grow up around smokers have WAY less incidences of allergies and/or respiratory issues. These are facts from scientific papers. You can look up "beneficial effects from smoking" or some similar term. You are going to be surprised at the research on this, which is always kept hush-hush.

Think about it: Alcohol, through alcoholism, alcohol related crimes, etc., causes WAY more damage than cigarettes, yet the government is not moving to ban it, like they did back in the prohibition days.

Also, think about this: Can anyone name any OTHER source of an extremely high tax revenue that the government has moved to eliminate? I can't think of one, though I suppose their might be.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
could it be demand for ciggarettes is at an all time low so stores are not stocking as many as they used to? I mean seriously us smokers are a dying breed (litterally) and people are quitting this habbit left and right. It just would make sence that if the stores are not selling smokes as much as they used to they would not keep as many on the shelves.

Backstock for a store isn't good unless there is a demand for the product cause backstock can and does go bad resulting in writeoffs for the store.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

what??? no drunken debauchery???? surely you jest!! a smooth glass of cabernet red wine makes foods and friends much more palatable.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

And I fully support them taking away your guns.
(Just yours though because I do believe in the 2nd ammendment)

Seriously though, it doesn't amaze me that you would support that. As long as you have your guns and liquor, who cares about someone else right?

[edit on 4/29/2008 by Griff]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Plenty of alcohol and cigarettes in Wisconsin. Being the national drunks, we'd riot if the supply of the former dropped below 75% on any given day. The sad thing is that most Cheeseheads will swill anything.

Every type of tobacco known to man is still available here, dg. You're just living at the wrong end of the country.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm lucky enough to be in SC every few days, so I have started getting my smokes there. So far, no shortages, but I'll be wary.

I have a friend whose company hauls for Phillip Morris, and they're still shipping, although they seem to be shipping more to Canada than to the US lately... hmm...

Oh, and deltaboy, I support your right to pursuit of happiness. Too bad you don't support mine.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I went to a local upper end sort of store last week and the wine section was about 60% empty. Maybe they are just restocking for the summer?

I use the gum to quit the "smokeless" tobacco. I buy a can for fishing trips with the gents and then usually end up doing it for a month
When it is time to quit again I buy the gum to remove the urge to buy another can. I only need about 12 pieces or a couple days and it is forgotten.

My wifes work has a tobacco free campus policy (maybe it's just smoking?). The dreadful souls were standing out in the pouring rain across the street puffing their cancer sticks.

I wish they had a gum for quitting beer. :embarrassed:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki~snip~

I wish they had a gum for quitting beer. :embarrassed:

Better yet, keep the beer and invent a gum for preventing the beer-gut.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
hey redneck are you a truck driver? any word on strikes?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I tried the gum once. I hated it, had to keep re-lighting it whenever it went out.

Yeah, old joke, but I couldn't resist.

reply to post by bamaoutlaw
Yeah, I'm a driver, but that's OT here. I'll U2U you.

TheRedneck

[edit on 29-4-2008 by TheRedneck]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
no shortage here, but many stores seem to be selling stale cigarettes, they taste sort of funny and I've been dumping them after a one or two drags and buying from different stores. Maybe I'm losing the taste for them, or they've killed all my tastebuds (which while possible, I doubt because i can still taste food pretty damn good can pick out individual spices
)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join