It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2004

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The quake analysis has been updated with data through 8/20.

Quake Analysis

Projections right now showing us to match the previous record high for all quakes 4.0+ and up (estimated at 10,000+). Projections show we will break the record for he most quakes this year in the 4.0 - 4.9 range.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The quake analysis has been updated with data through 9/4.

Quake Analysis

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
With everything going on in Washington with MSH, is anyone else starting to wonder how close a Yellowstone eruption may really be? I had been reading that the USGS was saying there was no threat for at least a few more years from MSH, now all of a sudden, MSH is getting ready to go nuts.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
ok over here in new zealand there has been a predicted quake to happen this year. this quake is located in one of our pacific plates along wellington
it should have the most greater effect on greater wellington

also mt ruhepahu or some name like that (you do the math)
is due to erupct in the middle of next year it was supposed to erruppet
middle this year but the volcano activity got slowed down by this massive avalange into the crater almost covering the whole thing

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I am not an expert on geology,is having so many 4-5 earthquakes and a couple of 6-7's normal?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
As you may or may not have noticed the link to the quake analysis report is dead because mysticfish.net went away.

I am still doing these analyses. If some one can figure out away for me to share them, I'll be glad to. Otherwise, I'll take the lack of response as a general state of malaise of apathy and go on about my business.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Please don't stop -- I am still learning and may not understand everything but I check it everytime I see something new has been added in this thread.

thanks
jm

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There was just a 4.7 earthquake at the swarm near the California Nevada border. That swarm has been going on for about a month now.

Something is definately going on in that spot...

...and with it being so close to the Mammoth area.....possible volcanic activity?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I was just commenting to my husband last night when I showed him the USGS map of quakes. I showed him what the ring of fire was since he didn't know. He thought is was clearly scary because all around the ring earthquakes are happening one on top of the other. All these volcano's are in the ring of fire not to mention the active volcano in Mexico has started up again. Nicaragua just had a 6.9 right off shore in the ring of fire.

I was also looking at the swarm of quakes by the NV border wondering about the Mammoth area.

Its not a coincidence. I live in CA and check the USGS many times a day. I notice when one part of a fault moves everything around it must also adjust. It will trickle down. San Andreas is still very active with several quakes a day. Honestly I don't think its settling, I feel its gonna bust. Again I'm no expert but Earthquakes send me into a psychosis so I watch constantly.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
has anyone looked at the USGS Live Internet Seismic Server this morning -- all of them are nuts -- what could be causing that?

jm

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I have the quake analysis updated, but I still don't have anyway to share it with you yet. Sorry. Hopefully something will get figured out.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thanks for you efforts - hope you find a new site to upload to soon. I've been re-reading the Yellowstone information to keep in the groove

Someday I may actually be able to understand all that I am looking at -- but I am getting more knowledge each day.

jm

edited to correct heavy fingers and double o's

[edit on 11-10-2004 by justme1640]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I have the quake analysis updated, but I still don't have a good way to share the information. I would need about 320k upload to just throw the images up.

Does anybody have any ideas???

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I have the quake analysis updated, but I still don't have a good way to share the information. I would need about 320k upload to just throw the images up.

Does anybody have any ideas???

Seriously bummed this is at a standstill when this information seems to become more pertinent each day that passes.

I do hope someone can suggest a solution to share this info soon.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Val,
Can you just set up a web page then just post the link? I really dont know that much about this kind of stuff so it could be a silly idea. Also, did you see the seismic event that seemed to happen everywhere again today?

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

I am wondering how seismic activity can be showing up all over the earth at the same time. On each graph it does appear that these events are starting at the same time and ending at the same time. How is this possible?

Harmony

Edit: It just didn't make sence.

[edit on 10/23/04 by HarmoniusOne]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Harmonius

I used to have a webpage for this, but we don't have our website anymore. I believe QuietSoul is helping me get something set up though.

Hopefully I'll have something up soon.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Harmonius

I used to have a webpage for this, but we don't have our website anymore. I believe QuietSoul is helping me get something set up though.

Hopefully I'll have something up soon.

I just got Valhall all setup with the FTP.. once she gets her u2u I'm sure we're up for a big post. Stay tuned!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have been watching the earthquakes on the USGS site. I am in Missouri. I did not feel the one on the New Madrid on the 21st, but the news said it was a 2.5. So I checked it out and the USGS earthquake list said it was a 4.6. I looked in to it a little bit more and saw that on the list of all earthquakes in the US greater than a 3.0, the New Madrid accounts for a good half. More than California even. Any idea why the news would only tell about one, and say it was a 2.5 instead of a 4.6? The depths of these earthquakes looks outragous to me. Does it strike anyone else as odd? I havent been watching for long, so I dont know if this is normal or not.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne
Val,
Can you just set up a web page then just post the link? I really dont know that much about this kind of stuff so it could be a silly idea. Also, did you see the seismic event that seemed to happen everywhere again today?

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

I am wondering how seismic activity can be showing up all over the earth at the same time. On each graph it does appear that these events are starting at the same time and ending at the same time. How is this possible?

Harmony

Edit: It just didn't make sence.

[edit on 10/23/04 by HarmoniusOne]

Hey Harmony,

There were a bunch of quakes off the coast of Honshu, Japan yesterday; that may be the activity that all the sites are picking up....They have been having hundreds of aftershocks.....

Magick

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by magickalworld
There were a bunch of quakes off the coast of Honshu, Japan yesterday; that may be the activity that all the sites are picking up....They have been having hundreds of aftershocks.....Magick

Thanks Magick. I had seen that but I'm having a hard time with the concept that a M 6.9 could show up all over the world. Even a M 9 in Japan shouldn't show up on the other side of the planet unless perhaps it was related to volcanic activity *and* all the places it showed in were volcanic *and* the magma could carry the vibrations from the quake. Does anyone know if this is even theoretically possible? I know that Mt Fuji is near Honshu but it doesn't seem to be related to the quakes.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join