It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2004

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Valhall,
Anything new on the changes taking place in Yellowstone park and the cauldera growing in the lake?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well, jb, according to the USGS scientists there is nothing going on in Yellowstone other than status quo - and there is no growing bulge in the lake.

www.atsnn.com...

Now, I know that since this interview there was some earthquakes in Alaska that "reportedly" caused some increase seismic activity in Yellowstone, but I wouldn't want to extrapolate past that.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I try to keep up with earthquake info becasue I live in San Diego. Originally from NY so, earthquakes were never on my list of worries. I have been in Southern Cali now for 14 years and have become my own seismograph. I lived in Redondo Beach the first 6 years of being here in Cali and felt MANY earthquakes, and actually survived the NorthRidge quake. (SCARY)

Since I moved to SD I have not felt as many quakes here...only 3 total. I can literally tell you what their measuremeants are by just experiencing them. On June 15th we had a 5.2 with the epicenter due west over 60 miles out in the ocean. My sense is that since I haven't felt as many as would be neccesary to relieve pressure that something big this way comes....I pray that I am wrong...but I just feel it in my bones.

[edit on 28-6-2004 by Cocco]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Unusual 4.5 in Illinois:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's not normal!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
6.7 In Alaska today!

www.iris.edu...

Will this cause more yellowstone changes?

X

[edit on 28-6-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Valhall,

Do you have a reference for a large eq in alaska affecting eq activity in Yellowstone?

I find it most unlikely. Ground motion at Yellowstone from body waves would be on the order of nanometers (milimicrons to older folks like myself). Long period (surface waves) ground motion may well be a bit more, but in either case, I believe it unlikely that an Alaskan eq of any size could induce tectonic activity at Yellowstone.

I find quake watch to be an extremely interesting topic and I have heaps of comments, but don't want to step on any toes. Should I try the U2U thing?

Thanks

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
No, but there are posts here on ATS. I'm not saying I buy into it. I was just referencing a new article that was posted here on the board. As far as I know Yellowstone is as it has been for centuries.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The quake analysis has been updated through 07/2/04.

Quake Analysis

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
16 earthquakes have been detected in south-central Oregon in the past few days, which has local officials on edge.

Five of the 16 quakes have been measured at more than a magnitude 3, big enough to be felt.

Found this on another site. Interesting (short) read.
www.katu.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hey I just recently got on the quake band wagon. Is it not odd to have 7 or more quakes withen two days in the same spot?

www.iris.edu...

[edit on 7-7-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It is not at all unusual. In fact, a hundred or more colocated quakes/day is not unknown. A large number of quakes closely grouped in space and time is known as an earthquake series and occur from time to time.

This area of the world suffers from poor coverage (3 or 4 seismographs in South America and about the same in Africa). I would guess that there were a number of additional, smaller quakes in this area during this time that were not built by USGS.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
4.8 in Taiwan....no damage or injuries reported as of yet
Moderate Earthquake Shakes Eastern Taiwan

[edit on 7-9-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
A light earthquake occurred at 16:45:00 (UTC) on Monday, July 12, 2004. The magnitude 4.6 event has been located OFFSHORE OREGON.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

This is the third one today in the same general area. The other two were a 3.7 and 4.1

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
12-JUL-2004 16:45:02 44.43 -124.41 4.9 10.0 NEAR COAST OF OREGON

and "Earthquake rattles Slovenia, northern Italy"
"LJUBLJANA – An earthquake set off landslides in Slovenia and shook a large area of northeastern Italy Monday, including the lagoon city of Venice, but no serious injuries were immediately reported, officials said."

www.signonsandiego.com...

TREMORS SHAKE VENICE

A Slovenian earthquake has sent tremors as far afield as Venice.

The quake, registering about 5 on the Richter scale, originated in the sparsely populated mountainous region of Kobarid near the Italian border.

The tremors spread to Italy and Austria as well as the Croatian capital Zagreb - although no serious damage has been reported.

www.sky.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Here's a good size earthquake. Right on the Canadian coastline.

Magnitude 5.7 - VANCOUVER ISLAND, CANADA REGION
2004 July 15 12:06:51 UTC

A moderate earthquake occurred at 12:06:51 (UTC) on Thursday, July 15, 2004. The magnitude 5.7 event has been located in the VANCOUVER ISLAND, CANADA REGION. (This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.)
Link HERE

There was also a large earthquake in the Fiji Region. Large 7.1 magnitude. The earth is angry it seems.

A major earthquake occurred at 04:27:11 (UTC) on Thursday, July 15, 2004. The magnitude 7.1 event has been located in the FIJI REGION. (This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.) Link HERE

[edit on 15-7-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Vancover rocked again. This time a 6.3

neic.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
A strong earthquake occurred at 09:45:17 (UTC) on Thursday, July 22, 2004. The magnitude 6.2 event has been located in the RYUKYU ISLANDS, JAPAN. (This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.)

Anyone live in Japan who can give us some damage or shake reports? 6.2 isn't huge but it's not small either.

A 5.1 in Pakistan as well:

A moderate earthquake occurred at 03:56:39 (UTC) on Thursday, July 22, 2004. The magnitude 5.1 event has been located in PAKISTAN. The hypocentral depth was estimated to be 42 km (26 miles). (This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.)

[edit on 22-7-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The Quake analysis has been updated through 07/23.

Quake Analysis

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The quake analysis has been updated with data through 07/30.

At this point we are looking at a projected number of events for 4.0 and up, as well as for 4.0 - 4.9, that will meet or break the highest activity year recorded by NEIC.

Quake Analysis

[edit on 8-1-2004 by Valhall]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join