It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2004

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
No, a virus will cause chaotic readings, not uniform and almost perfect readings of data.

I'm sorry I should've been more clear. The sudden stop in readings yesterday at USGS could be attributed to a virus or a worm. I sincerely doubt that any virus or worm could interact with a seismo itself.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The quake analysis has been updated with data through 05/06/04.

Quake Analysis

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The quake analysis has been updated with data through 05/11

Quake Analysis

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The analysis has been updated with data through 5/21.

Quake Analysis

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A forecasted "Deep Tremor" hit the Puget Sound area this month. Felt as far south as Portland and north into BC.

www.pnsn.org...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Seismic activity is directly related to soil Liquifaction; particularly in the western & north west regions of the United States. The constant shaking and vibration due to seismic events that are on the increase presents serious potential results that are not happy thoughts for those of us who study these events closely.

Those people living close to the pacific ocean from California to the Canadian Border including all of the Yellowstone Basin are particularly at risk of problems of soil liquifaction occuring. Geologically speaking this entire region is so unstable because of all the small and large earthquakes happening on a continous increasing level. The Bible itself speaks very directly as I am sure you already know about the increasing frequency and intensity of this predicted events. Soil Liquifaction, Earthquakes, and Volcanoes + Super Volcanoes are all directly related to current events making this all the more important information to catalog in your mind.

Another significant aspect of all this seismic activity is the Food producing regions of southern california. The San Joaquin Valley is one of the most important food producing areas of the country, and is very prone to earthquake activity. Think about this for a moment and consider the San Andreas fault lines.

Have you ever visited the Big Bend National Park in Texas? The part of the canyon named Santa Elena Canyon has a sheer face wall over 1500 feet high looking towards the Mexican side of the canyon. The wall face was created by a slippage of a fault line and the canyon runs for several miles. Now considering the fact that the park itself is in a area that is laced with numerous fault lines and right in front of the Headquarters Building is a feature called Castallon. This is a dormant volcanic plug for the time being being slowly erroded away. The American side of Santa Elena Canyon was once level and even but when the earthquake happened that created the majestic canyon views when the American side sunk leaving the sheer wall in front of you.

I say this to refer back to the previous paragraph and the San Joaquin Valley. If this same senario were to happen in a critical point there; this country's valuable food producing region could be flooded from the pacific ocean. With the potential that this presents and the fact that Murphy's Law is still around it is obvious what we would face. The loss of this arable land would be incalculable, not to mention not having food to eat!

I know there are those out in the ozone who will disavow what is presented here but the facts remain on the table for discussion. The catastrophic conditions we are posing here are a real possibility in a very uncertain future senario. There is plenty to worry about and plan for but I wonder about the priority given to "ALL" the possibilities. Now survival becomes a serious matter to consider when suppertime rolls around!

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
6.2 in Iran

Centre Sismologique Euro-Mediterraneen
European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre

Rapid Determination of Source Parameters
operated at LDG (Paris) and IGN (Madrid)

*********************** ALERT MESSAGE ****************************

WARNING : These parameters are preliminary and subject to revision. Location and magnitude estimations may be revised if necessary in
an INFORMATION message. _____________________________________________________________________

EARTHQUAKE on 28/05/2004 at 12:38 (UTC)
NORTHERN AND CENTRAL IRAN 88 km NW TEHRAN

MAGNITUDE: mb 6.2

Data provided by: GFZ GII INGV IRSA LDG LED LJU LVV MAD NEIC
NEWS NOR ODC OGS RNS SED

Latitude = 36.45 N
Longitude = 51.32 E
Origin Time = 12:38:47.4 (UTC)
Depth = 40 Km
RMS = 0.98 sec
Gap = 85 degrees
95% confidence ellipse: - Semi major = 9.0 Km
- Semi minor = 4.1 Km
- Azimuth of major axis = 169 degrees

Number of data used = 403

Preliminary location computed on Fri May 28 13:20:23 2004 (UTC) Done by Gilles Mazet-Roux

Comments :

Message number: 320

All magnitudes estimations :
mb6.1 (GFZ) Mw6.6 (GII) mb6.4 (INGV) mb6.4 (LDG)
mb6.1 (LED) mb6.6 (MAD) mb6.0 (NEIC) mb5.4 (NEWS)
mb5.6 (NOR) mb6.2 (ODC) ML5.5 (RNS) mb6.6 (SED)

P.S.: For additional information, please contact EMSC at:
- Email: [email protected]
- Web : www.emsc-csem.org...
- Fax : 33 1 69 26 70 00

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
6.2 in Iran

Damn, I'm fast.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Ive been watching this www.iris.edu... all day since Iran quake and watched quakes pop up almost systematicaly afterword across the globe. Kinda cool...

I was wondering if west coast was next but the next one appeared in south america. What next?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The analysis has been updated with data through 05/28.

Quake Analysis

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Hey, what was that?

oh, 4.5 mag at Kings Beach, Lake Tahoe.
A couple of minutes before 2am Pacific time
It was a sharp single jolt.
I thought the dogs were fighting in the living room!!
didn't know what it was until I heard about it on the Radio.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
We sure haven't heard much out of Iran since that 6.3 last week???

hmmm.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   
True,
I had forgotten about the Iran quake, until I came to the thread to make my last post..hmmmm is right.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
6.9 in Kamchatka today!!

I've been watching this site for a few days and it has been very quiet and it exploded today =).

www.iris.edu...

Magnitude 6.9 KAMCHATKA PENINSULA, RUSSIA
2004 June 10 15:19:57 UTC
Preliminary Earthquake Report
U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver
The following is a release by the United States Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center: A strong earthquake occurred about 320 km (200 miles) NNE of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy, Russia at 9:19 AM MDT, Jun 10, 2004 (Jun 11 at 4:19 AM local time in Russia). The magnitude and location may be revised when additional data and further analysis results are available. There have been no reports of damage.
neic.usgs.gov...

[edit on 10-6-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I stumbled across this really interesting site that has up to the hour readings for CA & NV. Hope you enjoy!

quake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The quake analysis has been updated through 06/11/04.

Quake Analysis

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
A moderate earthquake occurred at 22:28:49 (UTC) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004. The magnitude 5.2 event has been located OFFSHORE BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO. The hypocentral depth was poorly constrained.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Be wary of the accuracy of USGS and NEIC eq bulletins. Both groups do a lot better job domestically than they do globally. While they do an excellent job with what they have, much of their data comes from aging three-component seismic stations. Other groups such as the International Data Center in Vienna produce far more accurate and complete eq bulletins.

This is my first attempt to post - hope I got it right.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
hi everyone!

i've just heard that the army, navy, etc. wants to shut down the GPS to
test a new high power radio jamming system somewhere around alaska. they've warned fishermen and marine traffic, not to rely on GPS or
cellphones, because of the jamming tests...

have you heard something like this, too?

gr33tz, l33chy

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Analysis has been updated through 06/25.

Quake Analysis

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join