It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syncronicities becoming more frequent and more obvious. is it just me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Today, after waking from a dream involving a situation x type scenario, can't remember the specifics, its not important, I found myself lying in bed and thinking about what I would do if something caused a large-scale long-term power cut.

Although I should have been getting up and getting ready for work, I was tranfixed on this idea. In my head I ran through everything I'd need to do, what food I could save from my freezer and how, how I would cook what I could save, boiling and purifying water, providing myself with heat etc..

When I felt like I had it worked out in my head I kind of snapped out of it and went to get out of bed and get ready for work and at that precise moment the power went out in my flat.

A little bit strange concidering I'd just spent the last 15 minutes lying in bed thinking about a power cut. My second thought after the suprise was whether it was just my flat or my entire house. Not a second later I heard the guy that lives in the flat above mine shout something like "what the f**k is going on!!!!" and so then that question was answered.

My next thought was how far it extended, I looked out of my windows but couldn't see any indication either way, no lights but it was getting light outside. I started to get a little paranoid and panicy and even began gathering a few bits together just in case (all this happened while it was raining very heavily outside which added to the atmosphere somewhat).

About ten minutes went by, I tried my phone, which had a signal so I looked out of the window again with my panic beginning to wain, and saw, in the distance, a crane on a site in the city moving slowly, going about its business. I sighed with relief, knowing now that this wasn't 'it' but just a local power outage.

At that moment, the power pinged back on!

Thats three very noticable syncronicities between my consciouss thought patterns and events in 'objective' reality, which occured too close for me to be able to write them off as coincidence.

Whats going on? this kind of thing seems to be happening more in my life and I'm not to sure how to deal with it, Todays events have prompted this thread and I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing anything similar or is it just me?

Another thing, Please don't refer me to those videos like the secret and what the bleep, they are in my opinion, very simplified and what happens in reality is vastly more profound and complex.

thanks

Chonx

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Chonx]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
darn, was hoping for some feedback on this one. It really freaked me out yesterday.

felt like my dream and thoughts after waking somehow leaked into reality......
very strange.

No one else found that syncronicities seem to be on the up? Maybe, as I accept them as the norm they will happen more? does an awareness of them make them more potent?

confused

chonx out

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
yup, that has happened to me, i guess the question is "how frequent is this"?. i can't explain it, but i don't think it's a thing to worry about. accept it and don't get too freaked out about it

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm not so much worried as perplexed!
I've been aware of syncronicities for a while and usually when they happen its a little bit wierd but I forget about it as I am distracted by all the 'real life' stuff happening around and to me.

recently though, maybe the last few months, its been happening so much that I can't put it down to coincidence any more. Yesterday was about as blatent as it could get, litterally felt like what I was thinking about instantly translated into objective reality.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have a comment about synchronicities as I had an odd experience last nite on eBay of all places.
I got a offer for one of my products and accepted. As soon as I returned to my eBay selling manager (homepage) I saw that I got a message from a customer in France that I had sent the wrong item. I was supposed to have sent the item I JUST accepted an offer on (lucky I had a few left).

Then in a flurry of 10 minutes I had four more offers for unrelated oddball items which I accepted. These items were sold to California, Minnesota, Oklahoma and Illinois. I love the business but I was left scratching my head at the coincidence of the missent item and then a flood of sales at once.

[edit on 4/30/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

interesting. makes me wonder, if there is anything to syncronicities (I feel that there is), then the mechanisms involved must be mind-bogglingly complex. Do they somehow cirmcumvent causality or does it imply predeterminism?

What was your state or mind when this happened?
how did you feel? (emotive and physiologically?)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think syncronicities are a medium for the universal concienceness to let us know that it is all one and connected.

Some can be written off as coinincendences and others are obviously meant for us to notice. These are the ones that I feel are an expression of the force that in omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient.

The more you acknowledge the experiences the more they will happen and you may find it to be a pipeline to another realm of communication.

I could go on with so many examples, but I am not attempting to convince anyone, simply sharing my experience and growth through the exceptance of it!

spelling edit

[edit on 30-4-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
well this type of stuff (thinking something and it happening) happens to me on a daily basis,

ive had it since i was in grade 9 (i am grade 12 now) and since then they have become easier to control, although i am far from being able to control them

i have looked for many explanations, and the best ive found is the quantum mechanics theory so ya...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here are the most frequent times I see, regardless if it's at home, car, mobile device:

12:34 - at least 3 times a week
10:01 - every day
7:17 -every day
9:39 - every day
4:44 - twice in the last week
3:33 - once in the last week
12:21 - every day
2:22 - every day

This has been occurring for the past 2 months now. Draw your own conclusion.

Star + Flag.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by quintar

Personally, I see the number occurances as a different form of communication than the syncronicities.

My number thing is all about 3's or 5's and especially combinations there of. I could tell hundreds of examples of this enigma of 3, 5 and me.

But back to he syncrons,

Here is a good one. I had been waking up for several days and found myself immediately with thoughts of worry regarding my childrens lot in life and a feeling of dread because I can't save them from themselves nor the knocks we all experience, so I thought about an affirmation to redirect my thinking to something more productive.

Later that day the song "this little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine" popped into my head and came back on several occasions so I decided that would be my wake up mantra tell I could break the cycle of self defeating thoughts.

Well, the next day I was looking at the recent posts and there was a thread by Incarnated this was the name of it.

Jesus Christ (One on One). "this little light, I'm goinna let it shine

Okay granted this is one little incident, but folks this type of thing happens ALOT of the time. It makes me feel in tune.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Personally, I see the number occurances as a different form of communication than the syncronicities.

My question is WHO is communicating with you? I've heard theories that it's angels, either trying to hint at something related to you, or playing a joke.

I also started thinking how it could just be your subconscious mind carrying out whatever intent you have.

If you read about and hear about synchronicities, and start to wonder, what if you implant a subconscious thought and when it happens?

It seems to come from somewhere else, but it's your mind actually 'reminding' you to turn your head and look at the time at a given specific moment.

Just another theory to throw out there

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread, because I was wondering too 'Is it just me?'.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Its definately happening more to me too.
I've always been quite sceptical to syncronicities in everyday life as we think constantly about various things and obviously some occurances are going to clash with our thoughts.
But during the past few months its started getting a bit too freaky,alot more psycic experiances too.
Even this thread is a bit of a syncronicity to me!

I was walking back from the shops today listening to a depeche mode song and part of it goes "Im taking a ride with my best friend" and just at that moment two kids on bikes ride past,I thought about how stuff like is happening more to me and remember thinking I bet this is happening to other people too.
I knew a thread on ATS will appear tonight about it.
And here it is!

Its almost like my mind has the answers before its happened,and im slighty controlling the universe in my own little way!?!

A connection to people and nature more.
It seems like a positive experiance,I wonder if its this 2012 business?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think that some amount of people are guided or controlled in same way, in order to share knowledge and experiences.
Snc24

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm having so many happen per day now, it's ridiculous.

This morning I said the following to my girlfriend:

"Hey, did you ever watch the show... uh... (trying to think of the name)..."

...before I finished the sentence she says: "Fraggle Rock?"

That was it. Hadn't thought of it or heard of it in decades. BINGO, first try.

Both of us are picking up words, subjects, ideas, songs, movies, telephone calls, memories, past times... all sorts of disparate ideas popping into our heads simultaneously. It's almost constant now. That was just the most recent example.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by snc24

WOW! I like that idea. Maybe the reason I experienced the set of syncronicities from the op is so I would start this thread and so encouraging others to think about their own and share the experiences.

If you have just randomly come across this thread and there is a syncronicity iinvolved, please let us know about it, It could be the reason for the threads existence!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I've experienced a few syncronicities today involving fractuals.
so I did some reading and learned a lot of things which I didn't know before. (changed my desktop piccy as well
)

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
lol. your power outtage story could have been a page out of my life. Yes, synchronicities do seem to be increasing and becoming more blatant from my perspective too. I have lots of theories about it, but i gotta get something done today beyond typing. Let it suffice to say that I love it and it's one of the things that keeps me laughing and a smile on my face.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I don't think they're becoming any more prevalent, they've always been there, just more people are paying attention to them, and using them to advantage.

Pay attention to the patterns, and you'll learn.

Everything exists in cycles, of varying lengths and complexities, cycles intersect and cause a sort of harmonic resonance between seemingly unrelated cycles that changes the probability ratio of reality. The message is that they're all related, cause and effect intertwined and dependent on each other, as is demonstrated visually in the Mandelbrot set.

You can use it to your advantage also and i do quite a bit. Try manifesting something, it works with enough practice. Call it whatever you believe, be it god, science, chaos, flying spaghetti monster, whatever, even atheism is a belief, but whatever, use it as a tool to focus. Whatever or whomever you beleive is the provider, ask to be provided. Pay, meditate, affirm, whatever you call it, just think about a situation that is possible, but not predictable, and cause the probability to shift in favor of what you visualize, pray for, or meditate on.

An example, try to psychically call people, manifest who you want to see. If you don't know exactly where to find someone, visualize them in a location, believe firmly that you'll find them there, and most of the time you'll find that person before you ever reach the place you intend to look.

I don't have a phone, i keep in touch with people by thinking about who i need to talk to. I'm so lazy about it, i just visualize them showing up where i am and talking about what i want to say. Usually within 10 minutes i see that person.

Another one, dumpster diving. If you need something that it's probable that someone will throw away, visualize finding that object in a dumpster that you regularly visit. Most of the time within a few days i'll find the exact item that i was looking for. It takes me about a week to furnish an apartment using this method starting from zero and costing me nothing. I do the same with books, and i find what i need, sometimes literally, i'll want to read a book, and the book i desire falls into my lap somehow. Once i was on my way downtown to see if i can find a book on edible plants and while walking into town i tripped, over a book about edible plants, a complete field guide.

The next day i found a similar book in the dumpster.

The day after i actually made it to the bookstore and bought another book on plants, that was on sale for about half price. That's what "ask and ye shall receive" means.

Manifesting stuff can also be used to teach others how the matrix works. One night, while out hiking a remote ridgeline at night, and discussing the intricacies of the subject of manifestation and the matrix construct, as a demonstration, my friend stopped, randomly bent down and picked up a shiny new penny, about 10 miles from any sort of road or civilization, out in the middle of nowhere in some bushes.
Amazed , he took that as an example and asked me, "you mean like the chances of me just stopping , looking down, and finding a penny?"

At that moment, i stooped down, touched the ground, and retrieved the shiny new penny that i believed i'd put my hand on if i reached down. It was there, the provider provided right on cue, and added a touch of eloquence to the example as i calmly stooped to retrieve the penny and replied:

"Or like me bending down to find a penny like yours out here, believe it's there and it will be."

That example helped me to convey a message that i couldn't have spoken with a million words, and i was determined to convey the message.

Pay attention to the cycles, the ebb and flow, the rise and fall, the light, the dark, the cacophony of pulsating rhythms however insignificant, that are actually of infinite significance if you can read and understand what's not written in the book, so to speak.

It's easier to do when you're in a state of connectedness with the cycles, such as hiking through the mountains at night in a trancelike state of trail hypnosis and walking meditation, while discussing the technical aspects of the grand riddle. Distractions cloud and clog your pattern reception ability, so free your mind from distractions, including the physical distraction of impaired function from eating poison foods (that's a big one, and unnoticed until you commit to eat only real food, then you'll see your little light shine.)

Learn what is meant by carrying your zen, or walking zen, and practice it ti attain a state of inner calm that's difficult for adversity to shatter, and when the soul is silenced and not distracted, listen to the beating pulse of the universe. You'll realize everything "exists" in a state of constant cyclical flux. Nothing is solid, or permanent. Everything will eventually be cycled into something else, given enough time to complete the cycle, on the smallest scale, the cycles are as small as the vibrations of atoms or even superstrings, and on the largest scale, trillions of years or even trillions of trillions of years, the galaxies flying around came from somewhere, they're going somewhere, they're in flux, engaged in th midst of some sort of cycle. Where it bgan or where it ends is beyond the comprehension of the cycles existing within it, yet it's responsible for all the nested cycles' existences. It's still a cycle.

Earth has it's cycles that we can see, check out The Milankovitch Cycles as another example which to us is macrocosmic yet it's existence dictates how the waves of reality crash upon the shorelines of perception. Just like a rock protruding from a beach will cause a wave's energy to be directed upwards in spray each cycle of that wave crashing, the geologic macrocosmic cycle that placed the rock in the path of the wave and caused the spray, the effect of the intersection of two cycles of different scales, can cause the perception of a rock that would otherwise be unnoticed was it not for a splash of spray cycling up and down in it's own cycle, interacting with gravity, to alert the observer that there is a dynamic intersection of cycles, and therefore, an altered probability of reality.

It's improbable that water will spontaneously erupt upwards without the rock

It's also improbable that the rock will move without the force of the water

The intersection of the cycles causes both improbable,,,,,

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
scenarios to occur simultaneously. Everything that exists is the product of a cycle, it's endless, we can trace it back to the cycle of light and dark, where the sun heats the air, causes it's movement, and the waves to build across the fetch of ocean required for all those little cycles of wind ripples to harmonize, combine, and become a crashing wave with enough force to move boulders.

The internal fire and nuclear cycle of the sun gives us the energy that drives the cycles. If you see the grand picture you'll realize that the spray that defies gravity is powered by nuclear fusion, through a complex interaction of the intersections and probability distortions (wanna bend time and space? look at bending probability) on the microcosmic, macrocosmic, and manifesting itself in a rhythmic pulsating cycle on a scale we can easily see and use as a demonstration of how things really work.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Dezertskies thnkyou for your post. You gave me a lot to think about there.
Another Syncronicity there as well. You metion the Mandelbrot set in your post. This is something I have only come across in the last two or three days and after having read all I could find on the subject, I see it referenced everywhere I look!

On a much more serious and somewhat harrowing note, I had a very strange feeling when I awoke this morning that something really bad had happened. My first thought was Yellowstone for some reason but after jumping online, checking the news and seeing the reports coming from China, I can only wonder If this disaster was the reason for my feeling.

Of course, at this point its completely trivial and irrelevant and all thoughts should be with those affected. very sad.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join