It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Blames Congress For Economic Woes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Bush Blames Congress For Economic Woes

www.rawstory.com

President Bush pointed the finger at Congress Tuesday, claiming its Democratic leaders were essentially solely responsible for the nation's economic woes.

To address the energy crisis, Bush rolled out a laundry list of longtime Republican wishes, such as opening oil exploration in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, building more oil refineries and increasing reliance on nuclear power.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Of Course.

Mr. "Pass The Buck" Extraordinaire, doing his usual.

So let's see, it's all Congress' fault for:

*Starting endless wars and occupations

*Giving massive tax cuts for the wealthy while SIMULTANIOUSLY funding untold billions into above said wars

*Encouraging fraudulent and predatory lending practices by banks and loan companies during the Housing "bubble"

Care to add in a few more that are all congress' fault, oh mighty Pinnochio Decider?

Schumer panned Bush for saying virtually nothing about pursuing alternative and renewable energy and doing nothing to reign in massive oil company profits.

"The president's energy policy for the last seven years has basically been, 'What's good for big oil is good for America," he said. "We ask ... on whose side is the president? Which side is he on? You can't be on both; you can't be both for big oil and for lower prices."

Agreed---The fact that NOTHING is being uttered about ALTERNATIVE FUEL research is absolutely gut-turning to me...These idiots are going to burry us all with this big ouil reliance and endless profiteering crap.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
But it is...Congress's fault.

Bush should have been bound, gaged and chained and thrown in the klinker along with his little friends- but what does Pelosi do? She promises "no impeachment"---

For once i think Bush is telling the truth.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Agreed---The fact that NOTHING is being uttered about ALTERNATIVE FUEL research is absolutely gut-turning to me...These idiots are going to burry us all with this big ouil reliance and endless profiteering crap.

Umm...not so fast.

Of course, did you expect anything less from W?

Now stay tuned for the next bait and switch game.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It's not Bushes fault.The majority of what we feel economy wise is from 2 presidencies ago.It will usually take that long before the effects are felt by the over all population.It is the fault of all our leaders and greedy corporate executives.Where Bush jr comes in, is his insatiable need for blood on his hands.His personal wars in two countries at once and his need to create a super all controlling agency called The Homeland Security.Plus his using the U.S. mint as his own personal bank account to pay for all of these illegal activities they have got going on around the world.Lets not forget the added cost of all that spying on us the average Joe citizen just trying to earn enough money to feed our kids.
We need a fundamental change in our current form of government.The two party system is not working anymore......it breeds corruption.We need at least another party....maybe the Real Party!

[edit on 29-4-2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Sorry Gizmo... this one is all GW's. But you did get it right: It's the wars. The wars have been mostly responsible for the cataclysmic rise on oil prices and the domino effect that has had on food and inflation. Sure, there are small groups who are giddy about this (coincidentally all in the very industries the administration's key players happen to be from) but it has caused disaster for this country and most of the rest of the world. Homeland Security is an expensive joke. The housing crisis? Go back and look at the 'banking reforms' of the Regan era that reversed alot of the safeguards put in place after the depression. But funding the wars to the tune of $12-15b per month would bankrupt any country eventually. We have the former USSR model as an example. You think we'd have learned something. And Congress? They're less-than-useless. No one has the stones to stand up to anyone or anything. Pelosi should be thrown in the same deep dark pit as GW and his cronies. They've screwed us. They know they've screwed us and they don't care. They are anti-Patriots. I say we dust-off the guillotine. It worked for the French.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Just to point out... don't forget these moron investment banks and 'The Fed' for their part in de-valuing the dollar on top of Bush's war.

BTW -- if/when this whole thing collapses, there are PLENTY of folks who deserve to have 2nd Amendment rights excercised against them by 'we the people'

[edit on 4/29/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think this thing is going to get very ugly on our streets very soon.I will make a prediction here.......I predict we will have our first full on riot against the government by the time July 4th roles around.The reason I say that is, if you take into account the continuous rise in fuel cost and food cost with the ever dropping of the dollar value ....then factor in the coming summer driving season, well you get the gist .A boiling point will be reached by the consumer.They can only be squeezed so much.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yes he can blame congress now because all his corporate ridden energy bills and Iraqi mismanagement of tax payer money has been questioned.

But for six years he did as he wanted to do and congress was not an obstacle.

Interesting how blames are changed I wonder if congress was still Republican who would have taken the blame.

He took us into a war, he made is corporate buddies profits and has plunged our nation into a recession, now is congress fault.

Wait!!!!!!!!!!!! can we still blame Clinton, "I never had sex with that woman"

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Technically, Bush has some strong points on this. The housing bubble & predatory lending practices were pushed by Alan Greenspan and lead to the artificial economy Clinton built. This country should have been building oil refineries for the last 2 decades and haven't, and that's kicking us in the gut right now (crude supply is abundant, refining capabillities are in the toilet.) I think some of Bush's pollicies have dug us into this bad economy deeper, however, some of them belong to the government as a whole. They are:

1. Selling our soul over the global warming psuedo science lie. The day Bush acknowledged that he had become one of the climate change parrots was the day my radar went up and I realized he was far more liberal than I had feared. Global warming will cripple America, but not because man is changing the climate (we're not) rather because regulations based on bogus psuedo science will handcuff us to the point we're unable to compete and unable to grow. This also leads into point #2...

2. Alternative fuels are crippling us. It is an abomination that we should be paying 10 times what livestock and grain should actually be sold at. This is purely thanks to our government selling we the people out for the globalist agenda of alternative fuels. Any oil crisis in the world today is a manufactured scare tactic. We were beginning to get very close to recognizing oil is abiotic, abundant, and profitable to recover from non-traditional sources (ie. oil sands & shale) when the liberal machine managed to find enough parrots out there to push global warming onto the world. The answer to the world fuel problem isn't going to be found in the bottom of a bin of corn. It's located in a traditional internal combustion engine, running off of the same black gold man has benefitted from for the past 100 years, only this time we're extracting it from tar sands and shale deposits and giving the underground oil fields a couple decades to refill. Unfortunately, it will take a man of conviction who isn't swayed by the individuals who talk the prettiest, scream the loudest, and always look first at where they can blame mankind for problems. We need a president who has the cajones to throw the middle finger up at the Al Gore-ites and tell the chicken littles to shut up while real Americans do what we've always done best, solve America's problems.

3. The lengthy war. I actually agree with some of you. The war has gone on far, far longer than it ever should have. Had we gone in strong, hit with all of our might, and then left, we'd be long since out of Iraq and caring not what was happening there. Instead we went in like we were afraid of waking the baby, hit with kid gloves on, and then decided to do something that still boggles my damn mind, that being rebuild their country. BAFFLING! At no other time in the history of the world has a nation fought a war and not only not claimed the spoils, but actually paid huge sums to rebuild the loser. It's absolutely disgusting how friendly and nice war has become.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I must say you have done a fine job with this topic my friend.

Your strongest points were that in which you described the effect the bogus global warming policies are having on our economy. These people truly believe they are helping our country and our planet with these asinine regulations and restrictions, when in fact they are crippling us.

I'll also agree that while Bush does make some valid points about Congress being to blame for some things, he is to blame in large part now that he has converted to the Al Gore crowd of alarmists.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yeah Bush is right on this one...the democratic congress was elected on getting us lower gas prices, out of Iraq, investigate and impeach Bush, oh and much much more but nothing has been done why? Because there is no difference between a democrat or a republican they all are puppets for the FED, WORLD BANK, and IMF. They are the true leaders and the ones who pull the strings....as long as big money is running the joint and not the people we are always going to be slaves to the all mighty dollar.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It's always somebody else's fault when the country is going down the toilet. But it's always the President stepping in to take credit when something good happens. Strange how that works, isn't it?

All we need to hear now is the equivalent of Mark Antony's oration: "Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ear...." Oh wait, Caesar had to die first. Nevermind.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

the senate has 49 republicans, who have issued 66 promised filibusters in 1 year. this is more then 2 congresses(4 years worth) combined, which is the most in the history of the entire nation. 66 democratically passed bills trying to stop this president and fix what is broken. this has killed all 66 pieces of legislation. this does not even count the vetos the president has issued for the passed legislation by BOTH PARTIES. and you have the gall to say that the democrats have done nothing???? i guess you won't see and hear that on FOXNEWS, you know... the "fair and balanced" network

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
why didn't he just blame the people? because it is their fault. who elects the president? who elects the ppl in senate in the end? you! yes you, you, not you, and you.

man will get the government he deserves, it is an old truth and it is very valid. but then again, he should have blamed himself also.

i know it ain't funny, but i cannot hold my laughs when i see stupid people blaming others for their misery.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
reply to post by dgtempe

the senate has 49 republicans, who have issued 66 promised filibusters in 1 year. this is more then 2 congresses(4 years worth) combined, which is the most in the history of the entire nation. 66 democratically passed bills trying to stop this president and fix what is broken. this has killed all 66 pieces of legislation. this does not even count the vetos the president has issued for the passed legislation by BOTH PARTIES. and you have the gall to say that the democrats have done nothing???? i guess you won't see and hear that on FOXNEWS, you know... the "fair and balanced" network

Let them filibuster it then..make them make that vote...dont kill bills because you think its going to be dead make them vote and use it against the person who is running...Im sick and tired of congress not passing because they dont have a majority in the back room talks...bring it to a vote and if it makes it to the president make him veto it that is congresses job...so now that these people dont vote they dont have to be held accountable for their vote....yes I do blame congress and the sentate because they take more days off than ...there are a lot of problems that need fixed and they are taking holidays...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Do a search for "republican filibuster" on foxnews.com. I did and I recieved over 600 hits. Do a search on Bush veto on foxnews.com. I did and I recieved over 1400 hits. Do a search on "democrats suck" on foxnews.com. I did and curiously I got no matching documents. Do a search on "liberals suck" on foxnews.com. I did and curiously I got no matching documents. Do a search for "fair and balanced" on foxnews.com. I did and I recieved over 1100 hits, most of them dealing with either the far, far left blasting FOX or the moderates praising FOX.

Me thinks that because of the political affiliations you align yourself with fall outside anything even remotely balanced themselves, you may be a poor judge of what a balanced news report actually is. Personally I consider FOX to not be balanced, either. But it certainly closer to balanced than the liberal media outlets like CBS (which fabricate documents against Bush, I might add). If I had my way there would be a news channel option for those of us standing slightly right of the Kaiser.

new topics

top topics

join