It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is not a nice guy...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Good God Wroath... the guy is completely unsincere... how can you not see this..??

Yes God does need souls to explain things for him// sometimes...., not needs but gives us the will too...

All goodness comes from God...

In our faith the same bible God says..

" love thy God and they neighbors as thy self..

" love is the fullfillment of the law "

God himself is love and made it...

so how can God not be a nice guy yet the goof that wrote this post be so freaking good and better then the source he came from?

All love since God created the concept of love and compassion and tears running down your eyes...

how does this source make something like whatuknow better then himself..

thats what I am saying, if hes going to use the bible as truth when he attacks something use all of it and the part where God says he loves all souls to death....

humility is all God looks for and it doesnt exist today..

peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

No.
You see no redeeming value in his post because your blinded by your beliefs.
And your trolling his thread because of that.

Hell the criticisms he has of the Christian god is ones I share. Though I don't fault the being. I fault the believers and their want to hold souls hostage for physical gain.

If you don't agree with him thats fine. There are plenty of threads full of people that agree out there. But calling him close minded and etc. Is jumping the gun.

Exspecially because he does not state his beliefs mere critiques something.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
alrighty then time to put on some breaks here. No worries, I can defend my position.

From my original post you can determine this...

I do believe in god.

I do, however I don't believe that god is such a nice and loving being. Seriously god ain't your pal. Satan certainly ain't your pal either but god is not the loving deity that is portrayed by the modern Church.

I do apologize for offending you JesusisTruth, however I don't apologize for my position because it is true. I am sorry that you felt that my posts weren't sincere because of my plain way of writing. I can assure you I can write in any form you deemed fit.

So let me further explain my position in a writing style that perhaps you can deem worthy of finding merit in.

God, the being that willed all of creation into existence including you, me, Stalin, Hitler, Einstein, etc. has a side to him which is evil personified. Let me make this a point. Satan/The Devil/Lucifer, can only do so much in the way of being evil because as a falen angel Lucifer is still bound by rules set forth by madate from God. Lucifer cannot kill you, cannot make you do evil things, cannot cause evil on this planet. Why? Because Lucifer has no free will of it's own to do these things.

The gift of free will is a gift bestowed upon man by god. God does not give his angels free will as to do so would have been fool-hearty, and God is not a fool.

Now let me rebut your condemnations lamented on myself.

first of all you are an immature idiot

An idiot to be sure. immature however? I am afraid not. I have read many things and I have lived long enough to learn a lot of harsh realities that are in this life.

...you just hate God without understanding him...

Hate God? when did I say this? I don't hate God, and I think I understand a great deal about God.

This guys a goof.. but he is a soul of God... so I got to try and treat him like one.

Ah do unto others, yes? I will do unto you as I would wish for you to do unto me, and not the reverse, for if I were to do the reverse I would have to start in on insults to your personal being and of course that would not be polite now would it?

I literally got to go puke after your idiocy

I do apologize for my observations making you unwell. Please don't read this if it's going to cause you to be sick, it's certainly not my intention to cause you to be violently ill for what I write (although it would be a personal first for me to cause someone to vomit after something I have written)

A$$ hole....

what are you a typical freaking drunk that goes to hooters twice a week with a fake ass gotee... you are so typical..... arrogance fumming from your post

hmm judge not lest ye be judged...I think I read that in the bible somewhere. Wait I got a bible right in front of me let me check out this passage for a second.

Right, I got it now, Matthew 7 V 1-5

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye

So according to Matthew Chapter 7 Verses 1-5 perhaps you should really back up on the personal attacks and insults. I mean WWJD after all right?

Now you had a few questions for me here JesusisTruth, might I have an opportunity to answer them for you.

so if God is the creator and he placed that niceness in you you arrogant guy, then how can God create something better then himself?

Am I a nice guy? Really? Apparently I am an arrogant, immature, gotee sporting, women leering, drunkin idiot. (aparently I am not a nice guy at all)

WHY did God put that love in you, since I'm sure you wouldnt have treated the Jews like that since your so freaking good....

Why did he put love in me? Did I say that God was incapable of compassion? Did I say that God was incapable of love? No I did not I was mearly pointing out that throughout the biblical text God at points isn't the nice sweet being that gets reported over and over again.

Also how would you know I wouldn't have done the same to the Jews? I being the arrogant, immature, gotee sporting, women leering, drunken idiot that I am, might have done the same thing as a larf.

Why did God put more love in you whatuknow then himself?

And how do you know that God put love in himself? (btw there is no second W on my name it's whatukno, just throwing that out there.)

How can you be better from something that you came from? the one who made love itself?

Did I say that I was better than God? Oh I must apologize for that misconception, I certainly am no better than God. I again am mearly pointing out that God is not the nice sweet loving creator that is purported by modern day Christians.

Now a great part of the bible that shows to prove my point that God is not a nice guy is this. Lot's Wife...

A great city is being destroyed by God. Lot's poor wife being only human can't help but notice and turn around to look and what happens to her? Why this loving and forgiving god turns her into a pillar of salt. Was her transgression so condemning by turning to look at what was her home and who were her friends being utterly destroyed by the will of God that she should loose her life? She looked. That was it. She looked and lost her life for it. Sure she was warned by an angel, that god sent, to get them out of there not to do it. But how many of us can't help but look at an auto accident when we pass by it?

And don't forget who will let loose the four horsemen of the apocalypse. It's not Satan that's going to let them loose. Nope it is the Son of God that is going to let loose the four horsemen. (I would suggest Revelations Chapter 5 to start.)

Really now how can you say that god is such a nice guy?

[edit on 4/30/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The 4 Horsemen of Revelations are sent to judge during the Tribulation.
The first rider on the white horse is the antichrist, who will decieve the world into worshipping him.
After that God will judge the devil worshipping humans using the other 3 and the seven plagues, bowls and seals.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Please let me explain, you are unfortunatly incorrect...

Starting with Revelations 6...

The Lamb of course is Christ, There are 4 beasts were sitting around the throne of God. it explaines these beasts like this...

(Rev. 4 v 7)

And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

So there you have it. Jesus is going to be the only one that can break the seals on this book and so let loose the four horsemen. They are not Satan, they are not the anti christ, they are the beings that bring with them pain death destruction famine plague pestalence, beings wrought on this earth by God.

Satan has no power over this Earth, no power over you or I. He can't do a whole lot except lie to you. and try and deceive you. Pretty wimpy altogether. Satan cannot force the appocolypse he doesnt have the power, He doesn't even have the keys to hell.

Your loving God however...

Edit: BTW Clearskies thanks for attacking the post, not the poster.

[edit on 4/30/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Jesus OPENS the seals of judgement. Jesus is with the heavenly host , He is in heaven. The antichrist comes to Earth!
Antichrist is a counterfeit, Going around as if HE were messiah!
Jesus comes down to Earth AFTER the tribulation and Armageddon to WAR as true King!

Rev 19:11 ¶ And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Rev 19:12 His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

Rev 19:13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Rev 19:14 And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
quote:
satan can't do a whole lot except lie and try to deceive you?
he has no power over this earth,no power over you or i ?

genesis3:3from the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden,G-D has said,you shall not eat of it or touch it or you will die4the serpent said to the woman you surely will not die !
6so she eats some and gave also to her husband with her and he ate.
so the woman ends up with increased pain during childbirth and the ground is cursed so we end up with thorns and thistles and man has to work hard to make food grow,insects that weren't a problem before now are and the nature of animals is changed so a lion that you could stroke as a pet before will now tear us apart,they are cast out of G-D's garden of paradise where the living was easy and eventually die where as before they would have lived forever and besides this their curse is also carried onto us------all thanks to satan deceiving our first parents.

satan deceived them and he continues deceiving those that will listen to him all down through human history(genesis4:7)so that we end up with all the crime ,murder and wars this world has suffered through so far.
satan has no power over this earth or you or i ?job 1 the sons of G-D came to present themselves before Yahvah including satan.
Yahvah asks satan----what do you think of My servant job ?
satan answers---let me get my hands on him and we shall see how long he lasts as your servant.
G-D says---you can do whatever you want with his property but don't touch him.
1other humans come and steal his oxen and donkeys and murder jobs servants2lightning strikes his flock of sheep and servants and burns them all up3humans steal his camels and murder his servants4his sons and daughters are having a party and satan sends a windstorm to destroy the house and murder them in its collapse.
job 2 this time satan asks to get his hands on job and destroy his health and we shall see if he still wants to be Your servant ?he is allowed but forbidden to murder him.

G-D is in charge yes-----satan can only do what G-D allows him to do-------and if humans don't want to be G-D's servants ? if G-D doesn't restrain satan it is obvious from job1 and 2 that he can do alot more than just lie to us or deceive those that will listen.

every human that has ever lived will be resurrected to life again.(ezekiel37)those that died in ignorence of why they were alive will live in a world that has been turned into a paradise such as the garden that adam and eve got themselves thrown out of.
each and everyone of these will be allowed to live a hundred year life span as a human if they wish and those that try to keep G-Ds laws will at the end of that life be taken into the G-D family as literal sons of G-D.

this is what satan hates and wants none of us to succeed in being given more power than him or his fallen angels.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

okies yahn your post answered yourself and proved my point at the same time. God allows Satan to do certan things. In the case of Job God gave Satan peramiters. What he could and could not do to Job.

Listen god is love, however god is not a nice guy. Nor is god's love unconditional. He requires quite a bit for you to be in his good graces. Hes not a nice guy.

It's simple as that. It is true that god is love. Thats for sure. but a nice guy? heck no.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Now for a moment let's look at the boogyman yall call Satan.

As we all know Satan's name USED to be Lucifer, back in the good ol days when he was the light bearer before the lord. He was God's right hand man.

So how did it happen that good ol Lucifer turns on the almighty and ends up with 1/3 of all the angels in heaven thrown out with him?

Well it wasn't his choice for one. Remember the angels were not given free will, Lucifer wasn't free to choose his own path. Heck no, God set up lucifer for the fall. It was predestened. God needed someone to test mankind for all sorts of evil stuff. God is much too buisy of a deity to be doin all the work himself. So he set's Lucifer up for a fall.
And fall he did.

Now a common misconseption is that the serpent was satan. This just isn't true. Take the Genisis account. No devil needed here cause the serpent was a bright one and tricked eve into eating from the tree.

Go along to poor ol Job. Man Satan tried his dernist to mess with job but ya know what? God set up rules. And those rules are in effect today.

Satan cannot touch you unless you let him touch you.

Satan cannot take anything from you, you have to willingly give him what he wants.

Satan is the prince of lies. It's true, satan will try and trick you any way he can, he can make it seem like all hell is breaking loose around you but in fact he has no power over you. Aparently Jesus took care of all of that after the crusifiction.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

How can you claim that Lucifer was set up for the fall? Where is your evidence? Also, you are wrong in your opinion that angels were not given free will and that Lucifer has no power over the Earth. There is plenty of scriptural support for my position and none that I know of for yours. Let me just give you two for my position that angels and Lucifer in particular have free will and that Satan has power to do more than just lie:

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."
(Isaiah 14:12-14)

It is obvious that Lucifer could not make those statements of intent to rebel against and "exalt" himself above the throne of God without free will. Also, in order for 2/3 of the heavenly Host to follow Lucifer's lead in openly rebelling against God, they must first and foremost have free will; this is just simple logic but is backed up by the above and other scriptural authority.

"Forasmuch, then, as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He (Jesus), also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the Devil." (Hebrews 2:14)

Here we see that Satan possesses the power of death itself over men. This point is also made clear elsewhere in scripture.

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of lies." (John 8:44).

It is clear then that Satan is not as powerless or "wimpy" as you portray him, although he is probably pretty happy that you see him that way.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Okay, assume I buy into your argument. I want to ask you one simple question. What are we supposed to do about this?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I was waiting for this question, thank you Jazzyguy for asking.

Nothing...

Keep worshiping the lord, keep believing in Jesus and keep the faith. God may not be a nice deity but it's much better to serve in heaven then to rule in hell.

Listen I don't want to shake anyones faith here, God is the good guy, he just isn't a nice guy. God kicks
and takes names as far as it goes. He is, when the whole shebang lets loose and the second war in heaven breaks out and consumes the earth going to lay waste to the whole of the earth. The ones that believe in him and worship him and follow his word are going to be better off than the ones that don't. Just don't fool yourselfs into thinking that God is your bestest buddy.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lightseeker

Lucifer is compelled by his very nature to do what he has done and what he will do. It was his nature and the nature of the angels that followed him to rebell against god.

The sacrafice of the lamb of god robbed Lucifer of most of his power over man. Thats the reason Jesus went to hell after the crucifixion in the first place.

Satan can do nothing to you that you do not allow him to do.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
whatukno is right...

...at least in terms of the God portrayed in the Bible.

Consider, if you will, the problem of evil. The Biblical God creates human beings with free will and adjures them to be good and avoid evil. Given the constitution of humanity and the circumstances of the world, this is impossible; the Bible admits as much ('we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God' etc.) The Fall of Man is therefore inevitable.

Being omniscient, God knows this. He has foreknowledge of the Fall, which follows from the conditions he has set up. Yet, he is still happy to punish suffering humankind with eternal damnation for failing to meet his demands, which he knows are impossible.

So God knowingly creates humans to suffer in this world and be damned in the next. There is no escape from the former condition; ithe only escape from the latter is to buy into a contract (the worship of the divine scapegoat Jesus Christ) whose terms are evil to the ultimate degree -- a being is punished for sins he has no part in committing!

What part of all this can be called 'good'?

God, by definition, cannot be good

An omnipotent entity cannot be good or evil. It has to be both, because if it were incapable of evil (or good), its scope of action would be limited. It would cease to be omnipotent. It would not be God.

True, an omnipotent entity can define 'good' and 'evil' as it pleases. But if the definitions keep on varying in order to suit God's pleasure, the terms 'good' and 'evil' become meaningless.

God, by definition, cannot be good, or else cannot be God.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
If you read the old testament and go into the new testament up to the book of revelations God really isn't that great of a diety.

It depends on which side of the fence one stands on.

If and or when you come to know him, you would then come into clear understanding of why he did and does what he does.

What many probably don't realize is that IN HIM there is no darkness at all. HE is LIGHT. However, outside him is the darkness.

Take the sun for example. It is light, yet outside of it is darkness. If something is in the darkness outside of the light, it is then beaten by the rays of the light. If something is inside the light, it has been made one with the son and no longer suffers that violence which it once did as a result of being part of the darkness.

That's why I say it depends on which side of the fence you stand on.

Men refuse to go to that light because their deeds are evil. They are in darkness (John 3:19-20). The only way they will approach him is if they are drawn, drug by force.

If you light a candle in a dark room. Will the darkness in that room then come to the candle and agree with it? It can't because it is continually running from the that light, continually searching for something to dart around and hide itself.

The darkness will speak evil of that light and even hate that light, because it cannot know that light unless the light be pleased to shine into it.

If a man is full of darkness, it doesn't matter how much light one radiates toward him, he will not receive it and he will continue to hate it even more.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Lucifer is compelled by his very nature to do what he has done and what he will do. It was his nature and the nature of the angels that followed him to rebell against god.

Please back up this claim with proof; if true then all of the angels would have been compelled to rebel and revolt against God. There is no logic in your argument.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

ah the very nature of Lucifer is that of a deceiver and that of the prince of lies. In his nature he was not able to do anything other than what he was created to do. Lucifer was ment to betray God. God of course created the heavenly hosts and the angels to be what they were. Some are his messengers some are his warriors and some were ment to be cast out. The higerarchy of angels were created by the devine to preform certain tasks. They don't have a choice in the matter. Free will of course is a gift that god bestowed upon mankind singularly not a gift he had given the angels.

As for proof in this matter, I could reference the bible but that is a book created by man. Perhaps inspired by god but the book comes from the hand of man, and as such cannot be deemed as conclusive proof of anything. However perhaps you could ask the almighty for the proof you require and in his wonderment he may deliver you the proof you require.

[edit on 5/2/2008 by whatukno]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

As for proof in this matter, I could reference the bible but that is a book created by man. Perhaps inspired by god but the book comes from the hand of man, and as such cannot be deemed as conclusive proof of anything. However perhaps you could ask the almighty for the proof you require and in his wonderment he may deliver you the proof you require.

All to say, you have no proof or evidence of any kind to support your claim. Just as I thought.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You're welcome.
So, you don't think he's a nice guy. Is he a good father though?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Stop posting such inflammatory, arrogant posts and insulting everyone that presents a logical argument towards you. JebusIsTruth, enjoy your eternal state of ignorance, and eternal state of low BTS points for such a long stay. lulz.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/5/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join