It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Connection between Freemasonry and the Mystery Religions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gaeliclad

Think whatever you like, but don't expect me to agree with you. You've insulted me, plenty of times, so that's a sign that you don't respect me or the valid-sources I've presented to you. Stop provoking me to become angry, and get back to researching whatever interests you. I'll stay with the truth, and gladly share it with others.

I didn't blow-off any of your questions. I've been reading them, with an open-mind. I don't have answers to all of your questions, but I wish I did so.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
GL, I know it doesn't make sense for one person to espouse both beliefs, but nevertheless, I DO know people who are both. I have several friends who claim to be both and who practice both.

There is really nothing all that contradictory between the two belief systems. One can revere Nature and also believe in Christianity. Conversely, one can be a Wiccan or Druid, etc. and still believe in Jesus's teachings, especially if they were raised in a Christian household.

BTW, Wicca was not founded by a bunch of Freemasons. I believe you might be thinking of the OTO? If so, sorry not much connection there, either, except that Gerald Gardner was made an honorary member of the OTO. But it isn't as if he sought them out. Most of his information was formed from the covens at New Forrest in England, with alot of his own contrivances thrown in.

Some people assume that Wicca and Freemasonry are related because they are both known as the Craft, and a few symbols are similar, but that's about all.
Besides, I have heard from many Masons themselves that most of them are not involved in any sort of esoteric (so-called Hermetic) teachings.

As for Druids having any connection to Freemasonry as the OP thinks, (if I understand you correctly.) that is not really true. Druids were worshipping trees long before the Freemasons even thought about forming Freemasonry. And the Freemasons certainly didn't take their rituals, etc. from the Druids, as there were virtually none around by the 1700's or whenever alot of Masons claim that Masonry started. (I know some credit ancient Egypt with Freemasonry, I'm not discounting that.)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by christiansoldier

You're still shilling for the high-degree freemasons, as the porch-masons do, on a daily basis. While you & other shills think of some other way to debunk the truth-tellers I'll continue to support & promote truthworthy sources of information about freemasonry & other man-made religions:

The Light Behind Masonry - Bill Schnoebelen

Bill Schnoebelen exposes the truth behind the secret club known as Freemasonry. A large percentage of Masons are kept in the dark on purpose so the real agenda can be carried out. Bill exposes the intentions behind the images put forth by the Masons and Shriners.

Google Video Link

History of Freemasonry

Google Video Link

[edit on 30-4-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
For any of you haven't already seen it, I just wanted to re-recommend watching "Esoteric Agenda" which the OP provided a link for. That is THE most important documentary you haven't seen. (Unless you haven't seen EndGame). Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Chad, this might be the wrong place for you. Maybe you should find a street corner to stand on and let the world know of all the evil that you alone are able to see.

Don't forget you soap Box

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChadAndrewATS
Many mystery religions are led by mass-murderers, child-rapists

That tyrants and bigots teach stuff like this is the reason mystery schools stay secret...hidden from persecution by the insane.

Mystery Religions originated from a desire of people to get away from the noise and ignorance and spend time with like-minded people of intelligence, compassion and vision.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Problem-Reaction-Solution

Fundamentalist evangelizers basically create an artificial problem (an "enemy" such as freemasonry), get people to react ("this is terrible!") and then offer the "solution" (listen to ME, buy MY book, join MY churuch).

Fortunately, more and more people are waking up and not falling for hate-speech and "enemy" -projection anymore.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ChadAndrewATS

Bill Schnoebelen ...

UHG...

The world's biggest crack pot.. That guy could convince some conspiracy theorist that the sky is actually purple, and then sell them a book about why they always thought purple was blue but blue is purple.

He was never a Mason. Knows nothing of Masonry. Is not in the "IllooominatteeeE" and is essentially a crack pot who got rich by selling E-books to gullible people.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

This is my exact thoughts, thank you for sharing
I don’t know when the church came and started to call out the freemasons and pick on them.

I don’t see any reason why they would so either.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

The crusade against esoteric schools began in mediaevel (mid-evil) times when humanity was in a state of darkness.

Millions were murdered by the frenzied crowds who mistook teachers of enlightenment and liberation as "witches" and "demons".

The Church ordered total submission...not tolerance and education.

(Today some people still live in these times)

Freemasonry is not as much "mystery school" as it used to be. Esoteric cores have gone lost, but the values of tolerance and education remain.

A possible reform of freemasonry would lean away from boring business meetings to more masonic education and ritual.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

The crusade against esoteric schools began in mediaevel (mid-evil) times when humanity was in a state of darkness.

Millions were murdered by the frenzied crowds who mistook teachers of enlightenment and liberation as "witches" and "demons".

Freemasonry is not as much "mystery school" as it used to be. Esoteric cores have gone lost, but the values of tolerance and education remain.

A possible reform of freemasonry would lean away from boring business meetings to more masonic education and ritual.

Could you please supply sources?

Thank you in advance.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cutbothways

Look up "The Inquisition" with google or wikipedia. It spawned not only the murder of millions of liberation- & englightenment teachers but also the burning of books, genocide of indigenous tribes and so forth.

The hallmark of tyranny is to get rid of the smart people first. This is what the church did, this is what hitler did, this is what communism did.

You know what they all have in common? They wanted to expell freemasons.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You know that’s what I was wondering too that seems about right.
Also Freemasonry is different in the U.K. as opposed to the United States.
In the United States freemasonry is seen as being more of a charitable organization as where in the United Kingdom, Freemasonry is more spiritual.

As if I can remember i think the United States is the ONLY country in which freemasonry is only charitable.

IMHO I think that's a shame and I wish we had more of a spiritual look on freemasonry here in the states rather then a charitable one, not saying of course throw out the charity, but implicate the more spiritual side as well.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Thats right. Some masons are starting to call for slight reforms in that direction.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cutbothways

You wanted sources? You got sources:

Suppression of Freemasonry

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

As are I and many brethren who are joining now, that are young masons.

We are coming to freemasonry with a different outlook and different reason for joining as well. we are looking for a more spiritual way through freemasonry, as opposed to the baby boomer generation of Freemasons ( god rest my soul I love them to death), who joined mostly for business or as a "social" club.

I do love to socialize at lodge, but I have other reasons for joining as well, and so do many of these younger generations too.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Yes. In my lodge there are two "factions" or types of people: Those who use it as a business-networking tool...

...and those who wish to get it back to the "mystery school" thing, in other words, spend the time with masonic education and ritual instead of going out for dinner or mere charity-work.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I absolutely agree BM and Sky..

I for one did look for spiritual development in Masonry, but became so infuriated I now look else where..

It is essentially a social club, a little get together where a select few with free time get together on the weekend.

My vision of Masonry was something, oh so much more grandeur.. I imagined it had the wealth, the popularity, the WILL to sustain in this modern world, and to use all its forces to do good in our communities.

But.. alas, I was wrong. We are a weak organization as far as using our potential. A lodge should be able to attract the most prominent men in the community to join, and to use the combined resources in a way government dream of. However, Masons don't care about that, don't join for that reason and are notoriously cheap @**'s ..

In fact, I just got my 2008 blue envelope drive from the SR .. they want $35 to donate to schizophrenia research.

Seriously..

F THAT!

They won't get a dime of my money! .. I will give my $35 to a local food drive, a LOCAL church or a LOCAL homeless shelter or school or damnit something besides some beurocratic BS charity that won't do anyone any good.

If we put more and more of our money concentrated into population centers our good deeds would be noticeable effecting the lives that NEED the assistance. Not Special Olympics, not old folk homes, not psychiatric research.. something useful. But not one wants that it seems, the old guys just want a social club.

Shriner hospitals are the only charity I can think of where a difference is actually made. K I am done ranting.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Not to derail this thread, so one more note: Sometime soon its time for a "Reform Freemasonry" thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Thank you for this post. For years the Freemasons stood by and took the Slander and Libel form the closed minded and the bigoted. I am glad to see that a few enlightened people understand that what we hold dear is that each person should have a chance to follow their own path to becoming a better person.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join