It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarette Smugglers Funnel Money to Terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Cigarette Smugglers Funnel Money to Terrorists

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON — Cigarette smuggling is generating millions of dollars every year that can be reaching terrorist groups, including Hezbollah, Hamas and Al Qaeda, according to law enforcement sources. In a single case, $100,000 was sent to Hezbollah.

A 15-page report congressional report, obtained by FOX News, includes intelligence from law enforcement as well as New York State’s Department of Taxation and Finance.

The report reads in part: Cigarette smuggling is generating millions of dollars
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think this is propaganda. The Fox news report I think is fake. c'mon people cigarettes. Thats a joke

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Somethings up.

In our area of Canada, cig smuggling 'apparently' has become big business and the government is loosing millions.

They recently raised fines and jail times for illegal possessions of cigarettes.
To the extent of less time being offered for drug smuggling

Its to the point where they are running several 'Crime Stoppers' ads on television to remind people that it is a crime and punishment is severe.

I can hear all the would be murderers and rapists standing up and applauding at the stiffer penalties for stealing from the government, takes the heat off them for a while.

Sad, really sad.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Its already a crime to transport tobacco goods across state lines, what else can be done?

Are they seriously going to use this as a foundation for new legislation? The supposed criminals are already breaking the law, (supposedly on a massive scale even). How in the world is MORE government oversite going to produce anything beneficial?

Edit: No surprise FoxNews pimping out fear for the NWO agenda.

[edit on 4/29/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

Yeah I can't imagine terrorists working at McDonalds in daylight at 5.50 an hour and attack the U.S. Embassy at night.

Terrorists are hard working people with a decent wage.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by deltaboy]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This has been going on for at least 8 years. I came across this problem when I worked as a transcriptionist for a major insurance company. There were any number of cig stores who did this. While I don't think it's anything new, it seems like there's been an increase in it.

I have not seen any cig shortages, but then I live in TN, where tobacco is used by alot of people here. I will keep my eyes open for any cig shortages.

THanks for the heads up, OP.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It's not fake. There's plenty of corroboration in the media and evidence is mounting.

Here's an ATS thread from 2005.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check out Google.

Google Search

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Anything illegal or just in the grey zone of commerce is funnelling money to terrorism these days. Bootlegs, sweatshirts, any drug are all for terror.

Can't wait for the day when this headline hits the billboard:

Big Oil/Big Pharma funnel money to terrorists

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Cigarette smuggling is generating millions of dollars every year that can be reaching terrorist groups

Did you read that?

... THAT CAN BE reaching terrorist groups.

... last time I checked... ALL MONEY CAN POTENTIALLY REACH ANY MAN WOMAN OR CHILD ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

sorry for the caps, but I had to point out the blatant propaganda.

That raises another point... under the US definition of terrorist... you're own Grandmother is likely a terrorist.

She might have a few bucks you touched last year in her pocket!
How does that make YOU feel?

The only terrorists here are the ones who are trying to distract us from keeping the economy running smoothly... namely George W Bush.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Anytime you see a report saying so-and-so is funding terrorism, what it really means is that it is undermining corporate profit. It's that simple.

Remember a few years back when they tried saying that mp3 downloads were aiding terrorists? Or more recently when Marijuana sales were funding terrorists? Apparently, anything that generates a lot of revenue that doesn't make it into corporate pockets is funding terrorism.

Just wait, with the alleged "food crisis" it won't be long until farmers and local growers are somehow aiding terrorists because nobody is paying high prices for veggies at corporate grocery stores.

new topics

top topics

join