It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realities, Transitions and the SHIFT in Consciousness 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Reality

I have three main realities:

1. When I am at home

2. When I am at work

3. When I go shopping LOL

I am fortunate that I have only three insomuch that when I leave one reality and go to the other, I am conscious of doing so

I am also conscious of the transition phase.

Now, when I am at work, I am not at home, nor am I out shopping.
The realities of home and shopping still exist, but I am not in them.

When I go shopping, I enter into the reality of the place I go to. Now when I get home, the shopping centre is still there, people are still in it doing their thing but I am no longer in that reality.

NB: All we do on this physical plane is enter and exit realities.

NB: There is also the transition between realities

Everyone is so busy rushing around from reality to reality they do not consciously understand what is actually happening. We do not comprehend exactly what this process means.

Some realities change abruptly and some realities are destroyed so that if you wanted to go back to the reality, you can not.

eg: I met a Man who had decided to live in Australia soon after 9-11. He was in one of the Towers and experienced the abrupt change/end to his work/life reality. Now, if he wanted to go back to his work reality, it is gone. The reality has been destroyed.

The reality of his work place will be from the point of destruction/abrupt change is a memory

This reality exists only as a memory now. And a very painful one at that.

NB: Those who believe 2012 is an end date are wrong. All 2012 signals is an abrupt change or a destruction of various realities and a major shift in consciousness (I will go into that later)

Transition

eg: I decide to travel to a place, I get in my car and drive there or I catch a plane to where-ever it is I am going:

That movement is when we are in transition When we go about in our daily life, we do not feel the transition We are not conscious of it. For the most part, we are unconscious of it because we are moving too fast.

On this planet, the physical plane, we only live/experience reality and transition.

Death

Death is a shift of consciousness It is NOT a transition or a change in the deceased reality, it is a shift in consciousness.

When a person dies, their consciousness shifts, the people left behind in the reality have to deal with the changes. The reality has changed because someone has died that used to be in it. Those that were in that reality have to adjust. The deceased is no longer in the reality. The deceased person now becomes a memory.

What we cannot SEE

Just because we cannot see things, does not mean 'things' do not exist.

eg: I stand at a dock and I wave goodbye to a friend who is travelling by boat. I stand on the dock waving as it sails away. The boat gets smaller and smaller as it sails off into the horizon until I can't see it anymore. I still wave knowing that the boat is still there but I can't see it.

eg 2: I know because of the News reports that there is a War going on in Iraq. Now, I am not there but I know Iraq is and the War is happening.

The World is spinning but we cannot see that it is spinning in our reality, nor can we feel it, but we know that the Earth, the Planet we are on, is spinning.

I hope I have illustrated my point?

A shift in consciousness takes us to another place that exists, a place we can not see with our eyes!

Now, how are we to deal with abrupt changes to our realities? Or even the destruction of a reality?

Humans for the most part like stability... we crave it. When we are in a reality that is faced with the unknown, we don't cope. Depending on what the circumstances are, we will exist in flight or fight response...

If you left a reality and heard that it had been destroyed:

eg: You get a call in the night telling you your workplace has burnt to the ground.

Quite simply, that is not an end to you existing, it is a change of one of your realities

If you received a call and it told you your workplace had been destroyed and some colleagues had died... that would mean the reality has changed and those colleagues that died have shifted to another place we cannot see. That is the shift in consciousness.

All this means is that they are not conscious anymore in the reality you are in.

They only exist as a memory in the reality you are in. It does not mean that they do not exist, it means that you cannot see them.

Time

Time exists because my realities are measured. All other realities on this Planet are measured by time too, but some measures of time are different:

eg: I travel to another Country. When I get there I know that I will have to adjust my watch to the time that the new reality has set.
At what stage of the flight, do I change my watch? Do I do it when the plane lands or do I do it in midflight?

At some stage of the flight, I will be in the transition of time and reality.

I am existing in a concept of time that suits whatever reality I am in. I left one reality on this date and at this time but arrived on the same day in another reality.

Does it mean that I have 'time travelled'. Yes it does. But I am travelling within a concept.

World Clock

Current Time NY Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 12:01:52 PM

Current Time Adelaide Wednesday, April 30, 2008 at 1:33:11 AM

Each reality states the time we are in. This time measurement if I embrace the NOW, or the moment means that I am exist already in the future.

What reality is going to reach 2012 based on this world clock first?

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
as i posted in another thread today, I think I understand "the mind" but do not understand consciousness as something distinct from mind. I therefore can't comprehend how this thing I don't understand to start with can "shift"; i.e. "consciousness shift"
i am totally lost in these kinds of threads
got any pointers??

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I haven't read much about it, what is it supposed to happen in 2012 to kill everyone?

Btw, I get what you mean but the problem is that the consciousness change or shift is not necessarily for the better

though you may still find a way to develop what you like out of it

[edit on 29-4-2008 by hookedfish]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What a great description!

I had never thought of things in quite that way.

Starred and flagged!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
I think I understand "the mind" but do not understand consciousness as something distinct from mind.

It is your mind. Your thoughts, memories, perceptions, emotional responses, knowledge, ignorance etc.

I therefore can't comprehend how this thing I don't understand to start with can "shift"; i.e. "consciousness shift"

When you were at school, you were learning. Let's say you studied Geography, it may have been at that point you learnt that other Countries existed? Even though you have not been to those Countries, in your reality, you know that they exist because of Geography.

The realisation of other realities is a shift of consciousness. Your mind becomes conscious of something that it was not conscious of before.

I was born with a 1/4 of one of my eyes, brown. It is a definite obvious mark. Now, as a child I did not become conscious of this until I was about four years old.

I remember looking at myself in the mirror as a child and thinking 'there is something in my eye'... that was a moment when a realisation about myself occurred. I had looked in the mirror plenty of times before that but I was not conscious of it. I went running, panicking to speak with my Mother... "there is something wrong with my eye"... She replies... "No, there is nothing wrong, you were born with it, it has always been there"

It had always been there but I was not conscious of it

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hookedfish
I haven't read much about it, what is it supposed to happen in 2012 to kill everyone?

Well, there are many that suggest because the Mayan Calendar ends at that date, it signals the end

I get what you mean but the problem is that the consciousness change or shift is not necessarily for the better

Well, this is where I would separate reality and consciousness. The reality may not be better, but the consciousness of the reality would still exist.

Realities change, some changes are subtle, some are abrupt. If a reality is destroyed, is it the end? A reality has been destroyed, it doesn't mean that all realities are destroyed.

eg: Natural disasters, wars etc. Life still exists in other realities.

Even if a reality changes or is destroyed, your consciousness still exists.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Could you go into more detail on the conscious shift in 2012? what can we expect to happen from your perspective?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

It had always been there but I was not conscious of it

Click! OK, I get it. Its becoming aware. So a shift in consciousness is simply people becoming aware of a different way of looking at the world. Its the "click" that happens. The way of looking at things may not itself be new but the fact that people are finally tuning into it is the thing.
Got it.
I think.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I can't tell if the OP is being serious. You really believe that? Based on what? Your own observations? You can't form a scientific theory, or even hope to understand anything, if you use only your own observations and experiences.

We just live. Our "consciousness" is the activity in the synapses in our head. Reality is just reality. It's the same for everyone. The world exists in it, and so do we. Your home, your office, and your shops are all existing in reality whether you're there to see them or not.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
We just live. Our "consciousness" is the activity in the synapses in our head. Reality is just reality. It's the same for everyone. The world exists in it, and so do we. Your home, your office, and your shops are all existing in reality whether you're there to see them or not.

But our consciousness can experience a Separate reality thru various esoteric practices, psychotropic substances, illness both mental and physical and hypnosis, shamanic approaches.

The unconsciousness can also be experienced but requires a different kind of deal that I only have a limited understanding of, but it's a work in progress.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

if you lost some of your senses you would see things in a totally different way, so it's the same if you acquired some new one.

And how can you say that reality is the same for anyone since you've only been living your life by your body...for what you know it could be all just a product of your mind and no one else might exist but in your head.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by hookedfish]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I like the way you explain things, practical. You gotta meet people somewhere in the middle, you can't just get right into them with concepts they aren't used to thinking of, unless they are the imaginative type.

Well done

edit: my language skills are degrading.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by CavemanDD]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The Earth has an aura around it:
Within this aura is our Ozone layer:
Aura Video Resources - NASA

Within the Earth's Aura, there are layers:

Mesosphere

The mesosphere (literally middle sphere) is the third highest layer in our atmosphere, occupying the region 50 km to 80 km above the surface of the Earth, above the troposphere and stratosphere, and below the thermosphere. It is separated from the stratosphere by the stratopause and from the thermosphere by the mesopause.

Source
The dark blue layer next to the blackness of space is the mesosphere. In fact the upper atmosphere extends much further out, into the thermosphere.

Within the Stratosphere is the Ozone layer, that absorbs the Sun's harmful ultraviolet rays. Above the Stratosphere is the Mesosphere, the Thermosphere - in which the Ionosphere - and the Exosphere. The atmosphere is about 500 miles (800 km) thick Here

(sorry, hit post instead of preview and post wasn't finished... then previewed the edited post and lost the entire post... so I will continue by starting a fresh urgh!)

continued...

[edit on 30-4-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
We can clearly see that the Earth is surrounded by layers that makes up an Aura

Would it be logical to say that we have an aura around us too, that is made up of layers?

The aura around the Earth protects us. Protects our DNA too as this image illustrates:

eg:

When in space, the cells of living organisms are battered by space radiation that can damage DNA. Credit: NASA Van Allen Radiation Belt

Energy

Forms of Energy
Energy is found in different forms, such as light, heat, sound and motion. There are many forms of energy, but they can all be put into two categories: kinetic and potential

Thermodynamics

Thermodynamics is not so much the study of energy, as it is the study of energy being changed. Energy that is not "happening" is only a concept of what might be... (This is the potential energy)

When energy becomes low-grade it is no longer in a form that is very useful to life (except maybe to help keep things a little warmer). Having worn out its welcome, the hapless energy radiates back out to the cold heat sink of outer space. Luckily for us a new fresh dose of "high-grade" energy from the sun radiates into the earth everyday.

Energy changes make things happen

NB: Energy that is low grade radiates back out to space.

NB: Energy that is NOT happening is only a concept of what might be

I have to go to work so will continue with this later.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The Earth's aura is a busy place with things such as energy going in and going out of it.

I believe a person's aura has the same function as the Earth's aura:

Human Energy Field and Aura
Energy does not emanate or reflect from a person, the energy is the person, the core.

The Human Aura
Our bodies are more complex than we can perceive with our five senses, for science joins occult metaphysics in declaring that the physical body is not a continuous solid, but is basically composed of particles and waves of energies. Matter in general (and our bodies in particular) is therefore essentially a construction of our senses: it is really the interaction of patterns of energy, vibrating at interwoven frequencies and intensities.

Cosmic Energy verses Aura
The properties of aura are associated with all matter, not only organisms, as is sometimes described. By experiments with aura we got to know that when the auras of two or more objects are in contact, their auras come together to form one common aura. It was found in another experiments, that the energies of objects that form their common aura are slowly exchanged in between them until their energetic potentials are equal.

NB: The aura/energy changes to form one common aura

NB: The 'common aura' slowly exchanges until their energy potentials are equal

So, when a group of people interact with each other, their individual auras will slowly exchange to form one common aura and overtime, all individual energy in the group will have equal energy potential.

What does this signal?

It basically is change

An energy shift occurs. Is this part of the shift in consciousness? Not really, energy changes continuously, it is nothing new BUT the awareness or realisation of it is.

What if you became aware of something and considered how this would change you?
What if you could make conscious choices?
What if you decided to just observe a group of people with a common aura?

Would you allow your energy to be swept into a common aura/energy?
Energy, as I have already stated is basically kinetic and potential.

NB: Potential Energy

I mentioned in my introductory post, we are moving too fast. We don't see everything that is around us.

What happens when we slow something down?
eg:

We get to see things that we don't usually see.

The next example is exceptional as you can clearly see an invisible force or layer expanding outward from the explosion:

While we are moving so fast, we continue to be swept up and along with life and remain unconscious to what it is we are doing and where we are going.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
2012 is to distract the masses from the deception that leads to us giving up all the freedoms we used to enjoy. Homogenize yourself? ya right.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged, I haven't read a good thread in the Paranormal Studies for a while. I thought your initial post was very well written and thoughtout, its a great way to get everyone, both new and old to the topic to start pondering again causing "a shift in consciousness.."

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Now imagine having this happen, on all time lines.

But I don't feel like typing it all out

Just U2U me and I explain my idea.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I don't believe it is a distraction. I believe this 'prophecy' has enormous 'potential' to become whatever it is based on what one wishes to believe

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mayan Prophecy

Mayan Prophecy
As avid stargazers, the ancient Maya were keen to an astrological cycle we call the Precession of the Equinoxes. This is close to a 26,000 year cycle in which Earth transits through each of the 12 signs of the zodiac for about 2152 years each. Each of these astrological ages represents one month of the grand, Cosmic Year. Sumerians, Tibetans, Egyptians, Cherokees, Hopi, and Mayans refer to this same 26,000 year cycle in their mystical belief systems and each have developed calendars based on this great cycle.

The Maya messengers, reknowned for their architectural, artistic, mathematical and scientific achievements, left a calling card as a series of super-human sized stone monuments and pyramids with precise calendrical computations. Planted with great intention, these dates were left to ensure that future generations would be alerted to the coming end point of this great 26,000 year cycle. A cycle which corresponds also to a 26,000 year relationship of our Sun orbiting Alcyone, the central star of the 7 Sisters Pleiades constellation. According to the Maya, the "future" which lies beyond this end date is literally "a new world age" - "a new creation."

This is the end of one cycle and beginning of another.
It is a measured cycle. It does not the end.

If it is a cycle then it would also be a beginning?

Mayan Prophecy
Thus the December 21, 2012 AD is not the day where all of the sudden a light switch will flip on and everything will change, rather, we are NOW in the process of this transition from one World Age to the next. The changes are underway and will continue steadily accelerating as we head towards the culminating date!

I don't share the negative beliefs about this date.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Choices

In our realities we deal with making choices:

Do I buy that handbag?
Do I react to this customer?
Do I yell and stick my finger up in a moment of road rage? etc etc

Are you aware of the choices you are making?
Do you know how the choices are going to affect you and your realities or another reality?

No, very few people consciously think about what they are doing.

And many remain unconscious.

The real distractions are music, television, money etc.
We are swept up into a common function.

NB: Your choices effect and determine your reality

You should all know this, our choices determine our realities in life. We see our realities turn into chaos or happiness from choices we make.

eg:
the married person who has an affair
a person who decides to rob a bank etc etc

What is the afterlife?

Does it mean there is something after death?

The whole concept of death needs an overhaul. Death is not the end. It is a changed state. It is a shift in consciousness.

That person takes their consciousness to another place that we cannot see. Is the place another dimension .05 seconds away from our existence?

Many have suggested Earth is entering into the fifth dimension. It is all brand new, la de da de da. One big happy la la.

Well look at your life and choices now

NB: Your choices determine your next reality

AND NB: whatever, however you are NOW, is what you manifest next

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Thurisaz]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join