It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Presentable Package

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum, I couldn't judge where else to put it and as I'm a frequenter of the Aliens and UFO's section, the threads originating here. If an admin will kindly transfer the thread to a correct section that would be fine by me.

Fellow inquirers, believers, skeptics and the whole lot, I was just having a conversation with a particular individual and the topic of UFO's and Conspiracy theories, a majority of what these forums pertain to, came up. To keep things short, the subject was shut down. This person, although i won't use names, I can say, and hope you trust my judgment, is someone who would classify as a born skeptic. In fact this person, who I shall not name, asked me if I was into "all that like outter space ufo stuff" "conspiracy theories...". I responded, that I wasn't a believer but that I have delved into some of the conspiracy theories, especially of the UFO cover-up. She insisted "i'm good" "i'm too tired to have my mind (sorry admin i want to quote exactly) [SNIP] with HA".

I've had this conversation played out with a great many deal of peoples, and it wasn't until just now that I had realized. Delving into all the files, all the videos, witness testimonies, theories and so on and so forth, takes a great deal of time. People are generally discouraged by something like this. When we talk to born unbelievers there's too much that's necessary to say to open their eyes. In the Jewish religion amongst the Oral Traditions, it is said that the reason why Jews have survived exile upon exile, tragedy upon tragedy, is because the ideas of the jewish peoples was condensed into a transportable package. Core ideas that would ensure that the tradition would hold through all this time.

I'm proposing a similar concept, with the UFO, conspiracy files. We, as the individuals are the people that have to take our ufology and condense it into a condensed package. A package, a system, in which what is necessary to say, key files, videos, theories etc, make an affective, honest, arguement. If anybody is going to make the american government unveil their secrets, it's us, the troops. We need a revolution here before we can make the revolution in the real world.

Do you Agree? How can we get started on this?

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Crabmeat]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Nobody's interested? That's a terrible shame...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I know what you mean, and the idea could have its benefits, but it would be hard to implement. You could say that we do it on a small scale here at ATS by presenting the users with "sticky" threads (the threads at the top of the forum) that present classic information and some of the best cases.

The hard part is sifting through the material to make sure you are 100 percent sure it is not false, fake or a hoax.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
Delving into all the files, all the videos, witness testimonies, theories and so on and so forth, takes a great deal of time. People are generally discouraged by something like this. (snip) I'm proposing a similar concept, with the UFO, conspiracy files. We, as the individuals are the people that have to take our ufology and condense it into a condensed package.

Hi Crabmeat,

I'm not sure what you envisage, but you may be interested in previous attempts to produce the following documents summarising the evidence in relation to UFOs. Both documents were intended to be relatively concise and to be given to VIPs (e.g. members of Congress).

(1) A publication by NICAP entitled “The UFO Evidence” (1964) edited by Richard Hall, which remains one of the more respected pro-UFO publications.

(2) More recently, the "Rockefeller briefing document", endorsed by various UFO groups (particularly MUFON, CUFOS and FUFOR).

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The problem with a 'core' of beliefs is that we dont have a core of beliefs
The most important question for this part of the forum:

Where are aliens from?
Answers (from reading our forum) include Outerspace, Innerspace, different dimension, different phase, the future, our imagination, reptoids, etc

We can't have a core of beliefs if we cant agree the basics

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Its agreed that we all have our own interpretations of aliens. Infact, we even bash each other with our own disbeliefs. So unless we can collectively come to terms then the MSM will continue to have their chuckles. And we'll still be bombarded with distorted pictures and jittery videos of blinking dots/lights.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have never understood the problem with accepting all of the origin theories as possible, if not likely. Why do they have to come from one place? Ufo research has really taken on the air of a religion, instead of a scientific inquiry. Then you have so called experts like that idiot loudmouth Bill from UFO Hunters, who does absolutely nothing for the subject expect be a ridicule magnet.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by morthn1waytoskinacat
Ufo research has really taken on the air of a religion, instead of a scientific inquiry.

Couldn't agree more.

Then you have so called experts like that idiot loudmouth Bill from UFO Hunters, who does absolutely nothing for the subject expect be a ridicule magnet.

That Bill, is Bill Birnes the publisher of UFO Magazine, who also happens to be the co-author of The Day After Roswell with Corso.

I'm not sure where I heard it - on The Paracast perhaps - but someone (Jim Moseley?) was questioning Bill Birnes influence on The Day After Roswell. And left the impression that Birnes might have exaggerated or guided Corso's story to places where Corso didn't personally agree with it.

I can't speak about that and Corso isn't around anymore to answer about it, but one thing I can speak of is one episode of the UFO Hunters where Bill Birnes says to a man that he must be an alien hybrid because UFOs are visiting him and he has a strange blood disease.

Even one of his partners in the show is stunned and is visibly upset with Bill that he has said such an outlandish claim, without any evidence whatsoever.

So I totally agree with you on that point as well, morthn1waytoskinacat.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
All those things, as well as being just bloody obnoxious. I have no doubt he is behind this tripe of a show. Does he ever take those freakin' sunglasses off? Dumbass

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
indeed i don't like that bill guy, he's the main reason why i stay clear of tv shows pertaining to UFO's. I stay clear of all tv shows pertaining to government conspiracy. the media is controlled by the government, why would they permit anything that resembles truth be portrayed? it'd be doing them nothing but bad, unless of course they know people would think like me and therefore show the truth all over believing that we would believe that it's just bullcocky.
i just gave myself a headache.

anyway, you guys are all veering off topic. there has to be a way to turn ufology into a presentable package. I was thinking something like a two page paper that argues against the nonbelievers reasons for not believing. i don't know all of them, but one i always get it: why would the government hide something like this? of course the reasons why are plentiful, but the KEY reason why would be presented against this argument. perhaps something like a FAQ about UFO's should be devised that consorts with the necessary details that everyone in the world should know about.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
I was thinking something like a two page paper that argues against the nonbelievers reasons for not believing. i don't know all of them, but one i always get it: why would the government hide something like this? of course the reasons why are plentiful, but the KEY reason why would be presented against this argument. perhaps something like a FAQ about UFO's should be devised that consorts with the necessary details that everyone in the world should know about.

No such thing exists, because there's no consensus on why the Government (or whoever is in control of this information) is covering it up.

In fact, there's basically no consensus on the various issues and details of the UFO question and related phenomena. You have a bunch of theories and conjectures of what people believe and think it all means, but certainly, there's no consensus.

Since most of the stuff is subjective, there isn't much concrete evidence, some theories and conclusions will make more sense to you and others will make more sense to other people.

There's no "unified UFO theory".

[edit on 30-4-2008 by danx]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
true, but taking the example of why the government covers up, there's a handful of supposed reasons:

they want to sit on technology
they want to market the technology on a need by need basis wracking up the biggest profit
they think the public will go into mass hysteria
they're too many secrets to reveal, "opening the floodgates" will drown us all
there's nothing to cover up
they were instructed to cover up

bringing up all those points to a nonbeliever would require the full duration of the argument, saving none for all the other points that need to be made. therefore, but compacting the points we'd be making a more exportable package.

for example, we can disregard there's nothing to cover up, and that they're sitting on technology. the reason for this is there are other "Roswell"s around the world, whose governments would undoubtedly also do reverse engineering. maybe not as successfully but never the less.

doing a similar process to all aspects of Ufology would warrant a condensed and exportable field of interest. the only way disclosure will happen is if the masses want it. if the masses don't believe in it, there's nothing to want. it's OUR job to make them want it.

top topics

join