It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Check out this new conspiracy film

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hey,

I found this cool conspiracy film a few days ago and thought I'd share it with you all. It's pretty cool and I've been reading up a bit on these guys the Weavers for a while so it was of real interest. I think any one with an interest in conspiracy theories or secret societies will find it thought provoking.

www.history-of-the-cathars.com...

Let me know what you think?? I feel it opens up many unanswered questions.




posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Very interesting film. I have heard bits and pieces over the years of "The Weavers", but this is the first time I have seen them represented.
Any body know anything else about the Weavers codes? That part about Weaver binary was also very interesting, never heard of that before.




posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kashodi
...Any body know anything else about the Weavers codes?



Just found this site after googling Weavers Codes:


The Weavers, a Gnostic Christian sect wiped out by a Vatican Inquisition in the 12th century, used a technique known as code-drafting to secretly embed messages in their ritual cloths.



The Weavers believed each individual was a thread in the "Loom Of Destiny" and a weaver of their own destiny, their goal being to disentangle themselves from snares of materialism, power and ego.
.

Source

The above quote is very interesting.

I have been going through a transformation where I am disentangling myself from materialism, power, and ego. This might be tied in to the Age of Aquarius. If you search for the qualities of the Aquarius sign, some include completion of personal development, meeting all challenges, and knowing what part one possesses in the whole of humanity.

Sounds very similar to what the Weavers believed.



posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by quintar

Originally posted by Kashodi
...Any body know anything else about the Weavers codes?



Just found this site after googling Weavers Codes:


The Weavers, a Gnostic Christian sect wiped out by a Vatican Inquisition in the 12th century, used a technique known as code-drafting to secretly embed messages in their ritual cloths.



The Weavers believed each individual was a thread in the "Loom Of Destiny" and a weaver of their own destiny, their goal being to disentangle themselves from snares of materialism, power and ego.
.

Source

The above quote is very interesting.

I have been going through a transformation where I am disentangling myself from materialism, power, and ego. This might be tied in to the Age of Aquarius. If you search for the qualities of the Aquarius sign, some include completion of personal development, meeting all challenges, and knowing what part one possesses in the whole of humanity.

Sounds very similar to what the Weavers believed.







There's a book called The loom of Destiny which covers the Weavers in depth. I've been trying to get hold of copy for ages but haven't managed to yet.... This guy's blog has some stuff on weavers also:
secretpatterns.blogspot.com...



posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The loom of destiny is a great read, I highyl recommend it for anyone interested in this area and the group of the Weavers. But as you say very hard to get hold of. Have a look in a few of the second hand bookshops online, can't think of any off the top of my head but well worth looking. Now I know how hard it is to get hold of no chance I'm selling mine I'm afraid.



posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
yup, leave it to a religious cult to forcast doom and gloom...keep the fear alive...jees.. anybody getting tired of these apocolypse people. you would think there might be a sect that would preach about humans actually becoming even better as time went on. improving the human condition instead of tearing it down. shaking off tales and stories of the many ways we can hurt each other.



posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Interesting film. Do you know who made it. Why was the academic looking fellow who talked about the history of the cathars not identified in the piece, as if he is an expert on this subject it would nice to search for him and see what other material(written etc) on this subject he has produced. 2012 seems to come up in a lot of theories these days, that itself is a puzzle. Nice post and link.



posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
Interesting film. Do you know who made it. Why was the academic looking fellow who talked about the history of the cathars not identified in the piece, as if he is an expert on this subject it would nice to search for him and see what other material(written etc) on this subject he has produced. 2012 seems to come up in a lot of theories these days, that itself is a puzzle. Nice post and link.


from memory his name comes up when he first appears. not that he's anyone I've heard of...



posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure he's name does come up, can't remember it off the top of my head but think he's done a bit of research on the topic. There's another guy called John Balfour who I don't think was involved but he's very much into the whole Weavers thing and has a site about the topic.

www.theweavercode.com...

Think it's been posted up but it's a good place to start looking. I'll have to watch the film back to get the guys name.



posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
anybody getting tired of these apocolypse people. you would think there might be a sect that would preach about humans actually becoming even better as time went on. improving the human condition instead of tearing it down. shaking off tales and stories of the many ways we can hurt each other.


ha! now that's a theory!



posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
wow, it actually starts with

"We all know that crime is just the secular word for sin"

I consider myself open minded, but that was like a punch to the face.

regardless, this video is fascinating, thanks for posting.

edit:

now after watching it, i noticed that the narrator says "as we all know," "as we've all seen," a LOT. That type of absolute narration always puts me off, but I got over it, since I really like the video. It also comes to a very abrupt end, as if there was a second part.


[edit on 2-5-2008 by scientist]



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist
 


"But crime is just the secular word for sin"

It's only since the decline of the church and the growth of the state that bad sh!t (call it whatever you want) has become crime. See The Dubliners by James Joyce "an obtuse middle class which entrusted its morality to policemen".



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Cool! I'll be sure to watch it.



posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
wow, it actually starts with

"We all know that crime is just the secular word for sin"

I consider myself open minded, but that was like a punch to the face.

regardless, this video is fascinating, thanks for posting.

edit:

now after watching it, i noticed that the narrator says "as we all know," "as we've all seen," a LOT. That type of absolute narration always puts me off, but I got over it, since I really like the video. It also comes to a very abrupt end, as if there was a second part.


[edit on 2-5-2008 by scientist]


I know what you mean about the abrupt end. I too thought it ends like there is a 2nd part. Do you think this has been released to get our interest and then later they'll release another part? I know quite a few of these conspiracy films have two parts to them or more even.



posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by caspar2012
 


Does end quite abruptly. but there's a big jump from the weavers when they emerged from the cathars to them being at large in the twentieth century. if anything I want to know what happened in the intervening hundreds of years. Freemason-style consolidation and dispersal? If so how? that's the bit I want more info on.



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join