It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National "DNA warehouse" bill passes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

National "DNA warehouse" bill passes

www.infowars.com

Passing the House of Representatives on a voice vote, S. 1858 has been sent to President Bush for signature. The Newborn Genetic Screening bill was passed by the Senate last December. The bill violates the U.S. Constitution and the Nuremberg Code, writes Twila Brase, president of the Citizen’s Council on Health Care (CCHC). “The DNA taken at birth from every citizen is essentially owned by the government, and every citizen becomes a potential subject of government-sponsored genetic research,” she states. “It does not require consent and there are no requirements to inform parents about the warehousing of their child’s DNA for the purpose of genetic research. Already, in Minnesota, the state health department reports that 42,210 children of the 780,000 whose DNA is housed in the Minnesota ‘DNA warehouse’ have been subjected to genetic research without their parents’ knowledge or consent.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Trying to advance medical science, or the first steps towards the registration of everybody on the planet.

It's worrying enough that "they" can do genetic research on anyones DNA without consent.

But what if that is just the tip of the iceberg?

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Trying to advance medical science, or the first steps towards the registration of everybody on the planet.

Very good question. I would love for it to be a great step forward in medical science, but I have become so jaded that I am thinking it will have a much more sinister purpose.

Especially in light of new studies showing how the government is trying to use DNA to show behavior patterns www.davidberryart.com...
www.knoxnews.com...
I can easily see how this could be used in all sorts of Orwellian nightmares. Your child could potentially be labeled a murderer before he / she even leaves the hospital.

To me it is disturbing.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yep, me too - but given the climate and the lack of trust at the moment, I have major doubts.

What our UK members don't seem to realise, is that we'll probably see something very similar here before too long.

And we all know the UK governments record on protecting data - that's pretty worrying as well.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
You should offer no apologies for appearing 'jaded.' These people have repeatedly demonstrated that they can not be trusted and that their loyalty is with the businesses who prey upon the wealth of the people and then pass a bit of it back to them. As usual the untrustworthy Senate and Congress have kowtowed to the health care industry - for whom this is another major tool to control their profit.

The President will gleefully pass this bill on as the money rolls into his buddies coffers.

Sure, science could be served by this, but I bet money - it won't. And more than that, I bet the information will be in the hands of the insurance industry before you can say - cattle.

new topics

top topics

join