It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysts predict $10.00 a gallon gas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

They're already starting to ration certain food items at Sam's Club stores.
www2.nysun.com...

Most people in America simply don't really care about the food shortage because it doesn't affect them. It may not yet but we are just seeing the very beginning of a long road a head that includes millions of people starving to death because of the price of oil. Meanwhile our government/political leaders refuse to be proactive now before this becomes an all out crisis. Maybe when people start dying here in the U.S. people will pay attention but should it really have to go that far? Our leadership has done nothing to stop the propogation of oil prices and our dependence on oil products altogether (forget foreign oil).

People are already hit hard in the pocketbook by gas prices for their vehicles let alone fuel-oil to heat their homes in the winter (especially here in Alaska). You add inflated prices for food and everything else and you have a huge national crisis which is currently inevitable. It's already starting in parts of the world that were already having a hard time meeting the food needs of the people. See news story below from washington post but there are many other sources of information for the global food crisis:

www.washingtonpost.com...

-ChriS

[edit on 1-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Wow, some very dire (and I think accurate) predictions from some of you.

Very sorry for those suffering budget crisis at this time, wish to God I
could help in some way; but my wife & I are cutting it close, too! We are
both working very hard to make ends meet, like you.

I run two small businesses currently: Tree trimming & cutting/firewood;
and Sign Painting & Truck Lettering. Tree work takes lots of gas in every-
thing! But I paint the signboards and & draw the lettering at home! Not
much gas needed, happily.

To all those posting from the UK: THANK-YOU for your gas-price compar-
isons! Very interesting! And the comparisons made about public & rail
transportation availability; Here in the U.S., you have to live in a major
city, mostly, to have that option. In the 80's, I lived in Oak Park, Illinois,
next to the Eisenhower Expressway; and took the "L" train into Chicago
every day, to work at the Chicago Board of Options Exchange, as a runner.

Nothing like the cheap, dependable, clanging, rocking, noisey, crowded
train cars to wake up my hang-overs, on the ride in!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Believe me, I feel your pain. My wife makes 35 dollars an hour now so I had the time to start my freelance drafting business 2 years ago. I started working and made quite a bit of money but the last year or so has been absolute bunk. I'm still looking for full-time work as a CAD drafter here in Fairbanks, AK. Making ends meet with a 2 and a half year old is difficult on top of the food prices and gas.

-ChriS

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
$35 an hour!?

Wow. My girlfriend of 8 years makes $9.25. And we both live off it. She has a degree (I do too, but can't work), but nowhere we live are there any jobs offering much more than what she makes.

I often wonder how the living heck people find jobs that pay that much. Back when I worked I'd apply for 20 jobs before I got hired anywhere, and I never broke $10 an hour.

Damn my back... I need a job again so we can eat.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by ianr5741]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yeah I'm lucky! I got a sugar momma who makes the big bones and even cooks meals ROFL!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join