It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time machine and space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I don't really understand time travel, so my question may be totally off and there's probably already a thread addressing my question.

If one travels to the future or past how do we know that we don't materialize into a tree, a building or anything that occupies that space? Should we start building designated "empty" areas, so time travelers can safely "land"?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I think john titor(hoax?)touched on this something to do with alignment but more so you dont end up in space or the middle of the earth i think.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by crestone

Since nobody actually knows anything about how one would "reenter" normal time I don't feel too crazy dishing out a little speculation on the matter. Theoretically, if you were in a time machine which I envision as having an instrument panel and a seat, the machine could vanish from current space-time causing a collapse of the void where it once was and then push everything else away as it reentered. This would solve the minuscule problem of a tree being in the way, but really not help anything but suffocation if you're buried in the core of a planet. Alternatively, a time machine could be a device that takes up 3 square miles and can only send a naked human with no way of getting back home and a mission to save Sarah Conner.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Thanks for your posts.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DropShock

and then push everything else away as it reentered.

Wouldn't Newton's third law still apply, and crush the poor timetraveller flat?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Hi Crestone, I think the same way you do, I had a thread on this topic some time ago, here's a link for you, so you can see the answers I got

Time Travel

Enjoy...

Oh and I think me and you have got it right

Peace..

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

Thanks for the link!

new topics

top topics

join