It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Will Prove George W. Bush A Great President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
No this isn't a satirical article from the onion. No you are not in a parallel dimension. Some people still think this is the truth. Here is an insight into the mind of the 26% that still approve of GWB.

www.intellectualconservative.com...

The guy looked at me mystified after I said George W. Bush will be judged one of the best presidents in US history. After all, his opinions are arranged by the mass media, particularly tilted during this national election year as they push with all their hearts for Obama’s ascension to the White House – a task that requires battering poor Bush and every move he makes. Hillary is out, the pundits say (which I doubt), but either way, the thinking goes McCain can’t win if the current regime is discredited.

But consider the facts of the matter. The War in Iraq is not at the top of the problems Americans are worried about. Despite a dozen or more efforts by Harry Reid in the US Senate and Nancy Pelosi in the House – including pulling an all-nighter – the country’s elected national officials cannot pull the plug on the Bush war policy. The hapless anti-war coalition just can’t coalesce – mainly because the people deep down understand we have to do something to answer the challenges of the Islamic terrorists. Iraq is as good a place as any to draw a line in the sand, figuratively and literally.

The Obama and Clinton presidential campaigns didn’t get the memo that the war is not the issue that will elevate them to the highest office in the land. They also blather on about the poor economy and the recession that just won’t arrive, forgetting the valiant success Bush achieved to lead us out of the mortgage-backed securities scandal that rocked Wall Street and Main Street only a few weeks ago. Going to war once again, the Bush White House and the Federal Reserve saved the economy – and for most people their IRAs – by acting immediately and decisively.....

There really are some crazy statements in this article.

forgetting the valiant success Bush achieved to lead us out of the mortgage-backed securities scandal that rocked Wall Street and Main Street only a few weeks ago.

Uh.. really? Don't you think that "Valiant Success" might be a tad bit of an exaggeration? Especially considering that house prices are still tanking, foreclosures are still mounting and banks are still losing billions and being bailed out?

A parting shot...

Bush has been blamed for just about anything bad that has happened in the world since he took office: 9-11; Hurricane Katrina; a shortage of flu vaccine; spending too much and not spending enough, problems at Veteran’s hospitals etc. ad nasuem and he has responded stoically and rationally each time. Under the microscope of history, cleansed of the smokescreen of media bias, the facts will be clear. He was one great president.

I just threw up in my mouth.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Perhaps great to the people who told him what to do.

Which mean he will be touted by the Illuminati and forgotten
by people who want to live their lives.

As the war for oil seems to have taken a bite out of the food market
things might turn on him.

Even the Illuminati can change its mind, lets hope for the best.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't be so quick to write this off as nonsense. The President is privy to a lot of information that you and I are not. I'm guessing that we know about 1/5th of the information leading up to our current situation compared to what we will know in 20 years.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Tim McVeigh thought that he would be revered as a true Patriot in years to come, and that we would build statues of him.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I would bet plenty of your so called great presidents where just also shaved monkeys. History is written by the winners, and why do anyone think that history depicts what people were really like.

Even today people are rubbish at judging people, so how can they judge people in the past.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i figured this was the opening line to a joke!!!!!!

and while i think he is a total idiot,,,,,,i've seen it argued that at the time reagan was thought to be a total failure,,,but now he is revered and during the primary debates everyone,,,huckster and robme,,,i mean romney spouted his name off and how great he was...i was 3 so i don't know to much reaganomics, but
i can't forsee bush ever being thought of as great,,only the worst

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
We can debate all we want. Only time will tell. Perhaps we can revisit this post 20 years from now.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
NWO, royal bloodline, mass murder George W. Bush will most certainly be 'proved' a great president in the future simply because 'they' are the ones that write the history!

So when your quoting from history its worth bearing in mind that what your getting is what 'they' want you to know. World history of WW1 and 2 will give you the evidence for this.

The proof of the truth is the pain, hunger, wars and killings that we the enslaved have to endure in this so called modern world.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
history will judge anyone whom follows,or believes in GW Bush an utter disgrace to humanity.

To go along for so long without seeing the blatant obvious is only possible for someone whom is in denial on purpose, or whom believes in the same principles as the PNAC agreement lays out.

ignoring the plight of your fellow countryman in trying to convict the REAL culprits of 911
turning a cold shoulder to forged evidence on a world stage
allowing the devestation and destruction of a soveriegn nation just so you can dry your SUV, buy your cheap TV and keep eating those hot dogs is truley, an utter disgrace!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Letterman's 'Great presidential speeches'. Uh, duh, ummm, that's all folks.
Great at getting a whole lot of people dead. An occupation. And the ruining of an economy. Porous borders. Why they haven't trucked in a load of Saudi rebels in yet blows my mind.
Ya, he's all that and a bag of chips.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mlmijyd

Yup, only time will tell. Back in WW2, Winston Churchill was very unpopular with the British people. But Churchill persevered and, now, he is seen as a national hero.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well, the complaint I have is how come everyone thinks things were just peachy prior to Bush taking office?

You mean the borders were secure?

The VA hospitals were top notch?

The levies in New Orleans were ready to go?

And airport security couldn't have been any tighter? (yep, stole that one from Lewis Black).

A lot of these problems were ongoing before he took office. Most probably back before Reagan.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Wow,
I am kind of disapointed that no one belives that key members of this administration are not going to face criminal charges.
Well, let me be the first. I don't see any possible way that Bush (either of them) will be remembered for anything good.
Time will tell, but I will make sure I tell my future grandkids about how Bush was the worst President in my life time.
I honestly can't imagine how anyone could do worse. Honestly.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well I just got back from the future visiting John Tittor and I can tell you that Bush has replaced Nixon as being a new low standard for presidents. By the way the troops have finally started to come home from Iran.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
oh my sides are hurting from the title of this thread. OMG LMFAO ROFLMFAOCOPTERS HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA stop, make it stop. Oh gods that is freaking hilarious! Oh (pant)

What happened in this 8 year long flush of our rights and our nation into the preverbial toilet is centered around this administration. I am sorry but Bush will not be remembered as a great president but what will happen is he will be forgotten in time hopefully as soon as january 20 2009 rolls around.

Yes there are people out there that think that George W is a great president. My ex roomate for one. That drunkin idiot would actually get angry when I would show how much of an idiot that bush is. Resulting once in a fistfight he started. Some die hard republicans just follow the crowd and think that they are right all the time.

Sorry George W but taking more vacations than any other sitting president in history will not make you a great president in the eyes of history.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

turning a cold shoulder to forged evidence on a world stage
allowing the devestation and destruction of a soveriegn nation just so you can dry your SUV, buy your cheap TV and keep eating those hot dogs is truley, an utter disgrace!

Man you are really funny today. I don't disagree with most of your post but you have to understand that only the poor eat hot dogs. George Bush's crowd would not stoop to eating a hot dog. The people who voted for Bush might feed their SERVANTS hot dogs though.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Wilson and Lincoln were thought of as failures in their time.

Time and history played out ... and their places in history transformed
as more facts became available.

Only time will tell.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I shudder to think of what the future would have to be like if we were to look back at GWB as a great president. I picture it being a cross between Idiocracy and 1984.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I shudder to think of what the future would have to be like if we were to look back at GWB as a great president. I picture it being a cross between Idiocracy and 1984.

Bush actually does seem 'great' compared to some of the losers that are running for office. He is even great compared to the traitor Clinton (pick your favorite). However he is still a corrupt puppet as far as I can tell. I don't think America, in her current fallen state, can 'elect' someone who is not compromised or a tool of some shadowy international corporate puppet-masters.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Michael Parenti - The Struggle For History

Google Video Link

top topics

<<   2 >>

join